[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, do you miss the Internet when it felt like an adventure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1458925577048.png (88 KB, 821x236) Image search: [Google]
1458925577048.png
88 KB, 821x236
Hey /g/, do you miss the Internet when it felt like an adventure - before it was ruined by normies and degeneracy?

Older youth speak of the 90s as the time to be alive, but I say naught. Us youth born between 1995-2000, we grew up in an era of digital pioneering, an era in which the internet, video games, the newest books, and the playground down the street all lived in complete harmony, none at the expense of the other.

The late millenials will always remember Youtube in the days of Shoes, Charlie the Unicorn, Fred, AVGN, Nostalgia critic, Planet Unicorn Theme Song, Boxxie, and Bon qui qui, just to name a few. We'll always remember laughing at the toddlers playing Webkinz while we thought we were so much better playing Club Penguin. Runescape, Star Wars Battlefront, Halo - They all were pastimes. When Green Day was cool to listen to, when Post-Punk and the newest pop dominated our ears. When pre-movie Spongebob and Drake and Josh were shows of choice. A world that had yet to be explored, a world that looked so fun and optimistic.

How I wish to experience that era all over again.
>>
File: 1416184434920.png (526 KB, 683x720) Image search: [Google]
1416184434920.png
526 KB, 683x720
This isn't /r9k/, This is a thinly veiled feels thread, trying to find people who also live in LERONG GENERATION, technology, while not as exciting as it was in those days, is much better than ever, and that is where the discussion ends on this board.
>>
>>53681322
oh no technology has advanced to the point where the internet works properly for more people

oh nooo

oh wait that's not bad at all

>>>/r9k/
>>
Green day was never cool to listen to faggot
>>
>>53681322
LEEEEEEROOOOOOOYYYYY JEEENKINS!!!!!
>>
It wasn't better. You're just associating these things all to a time where you had nothing to worry about and were ignorant to issues that were around that you were too young or oblivious to

Normies and degeneracy didn't ruin anything you did with your shit opinions and bad taste based on nostalgia goggles
>>
>>53681322
>being born after 1990
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>53681664
>A BLOO BLOO BLOO FACEBOOK CAME OUT IN MY FIRST YEAR OF MIDDLE SCHOOL INSTEAD OF MY FIRST YEAR OF ELEMENTARY SCHOOL I'M SOOOOOOOO MUCH OLDER AND WISER AND BETTER AND DIFFERENT

I miss when this kind of posting was confined to Buzzfeed or Facebook
>>
>>53681664
You do realize that's 26 years ago, right? I was born in 1994 and I'm graduating from college this year. If you wanna be a pissy old man towards kids it might be time to move that margin up by a decade or so.
>>
File: 1270968315491.jpg (804 KB, 1200x870) Image search: [Google]
1270968315491.jpg
804 KB, 1200x870
Get. Off. My. Lawn.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.