[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good power supply? Is there anything better in this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 87543.jpg (29 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
87543.jpg
29 KB, 450x450
Is this a good power supply? Is there anything better in this price range? ($150CAD/$120USD)
>>
>>53679981
Assuming that's the G1 version, it's absolute shit. Overpriced group regulated garbage. Sure it has nice all black cables, modularity, and gold efficiency, but it's voltage regulation is crap.

Get a G2 or GS unit only. G1s are crap.
>>
>>53680076
Yeah, it's a G1... but the only G2 available is 1600W and it's over $400. I can't really afford to spend more than $150CAD ($120USD). Do you have another suggestion for a better PSU? If I'm going to get a shitty, cheap PSU, should I just opt for the 750B then? Does another brand offer a better PSU at the $120USD price range?
>>
>>53680631
Assuming you aren't being an idiot and running a dual GPU setup, this will do just fine:

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20650y1

I mean, don't run an FX-9590 with an R9 390X both overclocked to the max, but other than that it's hard to think of a single-gpu system that would use more than about 550W even including high overclocks.
>>
>>53680754
I'm on a single GPU, and thanks. For some reason CanadaComputers wasn't showing that in search results.
>>
Well, it's completely out of stock. I guess that's why. Do you think any of these PSUs are okay?

Antec EA-650 EarthWatts Platinum 650W 80Plus Platinum
Corsair RM Series 650W 80PLUS Gold Certified Power Suppl
Item Code: PSCM002712 Part Number: RS650-AMAAG1-US
Cooler Master VS Series V650 Semi-Modular 80+ Gold 650W

Sorry bud, hope I'm not being annoying. I appreciate the help.
>>
Assuming canabucks = aussiebucks, you could get a seasonic G-650
>>
>>53680862
The 650w V series is kind've shit, ignore it.
Corsair power supplies are either good or trash depending on the OEM, don't remember what the RM are.
The Antec has shitty voltage regulation
>>
>>53680862
You do realize there are multiple venders listed, and the one you selected is literally the most expensive. Just order from amazon for less money and free 2 day shipping.
>>
>>53680884
That's about $170 and out of stock at CC. It seems like the stock level at canada computers is pretty shit, so maybe I ought to just order online. I didn't want to do this because my PC is pretty much useless at the moment.

>>53680925
Thanks.

>>53680960
Yeah, I know that. But Canada Computers is the only one that I could literally go into tomorrow morning and get. But now I'm probably going to order online anyways.
>>
>>53680987
You're better off buying online something good than compromising just for the sake of having your computer back like a day or 2 earlier.

Also with the RM, it's built by channel well so i'd avoid it.

See if you can get the seasonic or G2 online for $150 posted, you'll be much better off.

What you want to do is keep this page bookmarked forever:
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Review_Cat&recatnum=13
>>
>>53679981

Get a G2
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.