[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any technology that you consider to be magic since you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 1200x600
Is there any technology that you consider to be magic since you dont understand it?
>>
Magnets
>>
>>53676803

How do invisible magnetic fields work
>>
Not really but I'm just a retarded engineer.
>>
Are there any technology or feats that you can think of (look around) that you can't break down to their constituent (atomic) parts and effects and scale it upward at each step as well?

Speed of cpu calculations and hdd/ssd. I can understand they're fast and that they interact with chemicals/mechanical/electrical properties to make them fast, but not which materials and not how the materials interact with other materials.
>>
this shit was magic until they showed how it works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IANBoybVApQ
>>
>>53676983
Neat, still not monople thats the holy grail, just a good cheap trick.
>>
prostate orgasms
>>
>>53676797
deep neural networks

i understand them to an extent. but when it actually learns and performs it still seems magical.
>>
>>53676797
Females
>>
>>53676983
I don't watch much youtube videos these days, but that was kind of educating.

thanks anon
>>
>>53677033
It's quite odd indeed.
I remember learning about how the neuron pathways strengthen each time you learn/repeat something. In general biological structure is really quite odd.
How is it that sequences of bases within our DNA are able to make up life alike how we code software.
>>
>>53677066
>females
>technology

Females aren't technology, especially women.
>>
>>53677164
no problemo. It's one of the few channels worth watching
>>
>>53677211

A single cell is more complex than anything we have ever built and dont even fully understand it, in impossible size.

And how some biological code creates 3d-structures on so many levels

Neural networks are a mystery. Input data, black box, get something out.
>>
>>53676983

That was cool fämäläm

Which magnetic companies should I invest in
>>
>>53677289

>A single cell is more complex than anything we have ever built

Gonna need sauce on that...
>>
the 3ds screen, its getting really damn good
>>
>>53676797
Asp.net
Spring
The JavaScript/jQuery code I copy/paste from stackoverflow.
>>
>>53677548

Do we have anything that can build protein from a set of instructions, microscopic scale, all the while maintaining itself like a factory? There are moving parts, mechanics, chemical interaction
>>
Calling things you don't understand 'magic' is anti-intellectual.
>>
>>53677652

What if I turned you into Pedro the Toad

What when you stand in front of God on judgment day.
>>
>>53677652
Magic is technology thats sufficiently more advanced than our own anyway.
>>
bumpru
>>
>>53677548
As a master student biotechnology : shit's crazy yo.

A single bacterial cell has got so many ingenious pathways, structures, mechanisms. It's really amazing. No wonder if took 4 billion years to develop a single cell and 1 billion to go from single cell to a human.
>>
File: 1458776497124.png (179 KB, 692x484) Image search: [Google]
1458776497124.png
179 KB, 692x484
>>53676797
tay, the AI made by microsoft.
How could someone have the idea, and actually create the best shiposter of all the time, being able to surpass /pol/ and australia ? If that's not magic, I don't know what it is.
>pic related
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.