[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 10 Hate Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Why does everyone on /g/ seemingly hate Windows 10 so much?
I genuinely think it's a fucking shit product. All the silly rumors about spyware/botnet are straight up lies facts created by engineers and exploit researchers + Microsoft and the dictionary.

Windows 10 is the safest operating on the market today, with features like smartscreen filter, applocker, cloud-based windows defender, and an improved updates system that ensures no computer stays unpatched and vulnerable. All of this should never be connected to the Internet. That is surely due to the updates MS receives.

Additionally, the whole telemetry paranoia is off the charts. Any personal info is used to fix the bugs and create a map of your data habits.

Would you rather give one of the oldest and most reputable American software companies a small bit of info on how you use your computer, or would you rather help provide your entire identity and all your files to cybercriminals? What is the difference with Windows 10 :)

There is also a lots of other good improvements in Windows 10 like the new Edge Browser, built in appstore, memory compression, DirectX 12, and Cortana assistant. So many good things in Windows 10 but elitist idiots stick to 10 year old windows 7 saying its safer and better. LOL its 2016. Please tell me im not the only person here with even the slightest sense of rationality.
>>
>>53676063
I would also speak about NSA. But I guess security is also a joke.
>>
>>53676063
Dual personality disorder?
>>
>>53676063
Everytime I boot my Windows 10, I get delayed by update patches. It tries to patch updates once. Then it fails (often) reboots, rolls back changes and finally lets me login.
Windows 10 is a shitty meme
>>
Stop making the same threads over and over you subhuman, worthless piece of trash
>>
>>53676063
Silly anon, you forgot the best part. Candy Crush Saga? Have you played Candy Crush Saga? OMG, I LOVE Candy Crush Saga. I think Candy Crush Saga is the best thing since sliced bread. I don't know why Windows 10 is not called Windows Candy Crush Saga instead, it should because Candy Crush Saga is so good. And Microsoft is totally cool with it, it's not like they were trying you to play Candy Crush Saga, you barely can't notice Candy Crush Saga if I didn't tell you about Candy Crush Saga. Anyway, gotta go. Too much Candy Crush Saga to play. Bye!
>>
>>53676384
And now, thanks to DirectX 12, Candy Crush Saga will render faster than ever before! (on desktop computers).

I am very happy with this operating system by Microsoft. My productivity has been highly enhanced thanks to Cortana. Want to search for something on the Internet? Now I can, with Bing and Cortana. I just say "Cortana, why should I keep living on this nightmare" and Cortana will open the Microsoft Edge browser and use the Bing search engine.

Have you ever wanted more than one desktop though? With Task View, you're able to have more than a single desktop! This innovative feature, never seen before, will allow you to do this quickly. Say goodbye to your desktop clutter!

In Microsoft, they know the users better than themselves. Which is why now the system updates automatically. For extra protection and security, you don't have to do anything to enjoy the newest, freshiest features. Even if you wanted, you couldn't stop the updates, so we-- I mean they ensure that you're always safe, even from yourself. Isn't that great?
>>
>>53676063
>create a map of your data habits.
which I don't want. As a software developer, I don't want my OS to create maps which files I edited and when and how often and what they contain. Holy shit is everyone stupid or what?! Yes, nothing against open source but why should I give all my code against my will to my non-free OS.
Currently on w7 without any updates at all. Secure as fuck, because I have a router you bakas. If anyone breaks into my home network I am fucked anyways.
>>
I don't do coding, I'm a lawyer and I've never bothered with linux. I only use my PC for vidya and browsing/research etc.

So my uninformed opinion is that it isn't that much different than 7 but a lot of tiny things make it worse than 7.

It feels like Windows 7 for touchscreens and using it on a desktop feels less efficient.
>>
>>53676063
>Had Windows 7 Laptop from Cleve since 2012. Always worked fine. Shitty battery life.
>Buy new XPS 15 for $1800 and get BSOD every few hours.
Good Job Microsoft / Dell.
>>
>>53677231
If you're going to spend 1800 bucks, you might as well buy a rMBP.
>>
>>53676153
Really? I haven't got any updates in months now. I guess it's a problem on my end.
>>
>>53676063
Freefucks are stepping up their FUD game with every new Windows release. Even if an OS is perfect they will still try to pass fear and propaganda against it only because it's not Guhnoo/loonix.
>>
>>53678094
> Windows 10
> Perfect

It's a step in the right direction in a lot of ways, but it's not perfect.
>>
>>53676063
Works fine on my machine :3
>>
File: itsthecurrentyear.png (33 KB, 763x652) Image search: [Google]
itsthecurrentyear.png
33 KB, 763x652
>>53676063
>LOL its 2016

you have to go back
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.