[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/entlemen, I have a semi serious matter that >install
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 4channumbersequence.jpg (82 KB, 720x694) Image search: [Google]
4channumbersequence.jpg
82 KB, 720x694
Hey /g/entlemen, I have a semi serious matter that
>install gentoo
will not fix or put my mind at ease.

In this month of March, I have had 3 gmail accounts compromised and/or logged into from someone other than myself. Unfortunately these accounts had e-mails from other accounts which had personal information like SSN and bank cards.

As I am a /v/agrant, most of my knowledge of computers is for games and gaming related matters. I have no fucking idea what to do, so I just ended up deleting my accounts. To make things short I have several questions that I hope you can answer seriously.
1. What can I do about some of those accounts?
2. Is it possible for others to see what I do on my desktop during (this) current session in real time?
3. My housemate is the network administrator, if theres firmware or some other security issue regarding our router, what can that mean for us?
4. Can said housemate stream my session for others to see?

I'm sorry, I'm aware that this thread may belong to the Stupid and nonsensical thread, but because of how badly this issue worries me, I need help. I feel as if we're being targeted by some random asshole that has personal information of mine. Or it's just my housemate being a faggot and think this is all just a 'prank'. I'm fucking clueless regarding anything other than the 3DS.

Thank you in advance. I'm not sure what I could give in return, but I will monitor the thread and post funny pictures until you think of something I can offer.
>>
>>53675322
PC is probably hacked. Call the fucken NSA nigger
>>
>>53675387
What is their daddys name, and what does he do?
>>
>>53675322
> What can I do about some of those accounts?
Change login details, enable 2 stage login authentication. Talk to the bank asap.
> Is it possible for others to see what I do on my desktop during (this) current session in real time?
Considering you are dumb /v/ cuck, yes.
> My housemate is the network administrator, if theres firmware or some other security issue regarding our router, what can that mean for us?
> Router compromised
If you are dealing with someone intelligent, your are fucked. Change your devices and your ISP.
> Can said housemate stream my session for others to see?
Possibly, yeah.

You got nothing to hide anyway, am I right?
>>
>>53675497
Thank you for that information.
>>Possibly, yeah.

>>You got nothing to hide anyway, am I right?
I would like to keep my SSN private from others, yes. I know most of those are borderline brain damage questions, I was mostly seeking reassurance. I know 4chan isn't my hugbox, but I've been browsing here for about 7 years, you were the first and only forum (imageboard) I really use.
>>
>>53676336
Use 2 stage login authentication as anon above suggested, my company does that for our accounts.

If anyone tries to log into your email from another device, he has to enter a code that gets send to your phone as an
SMS. If someone has access to your phone and/or a PC where you've already logged on before, you're still fucked.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.