[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who do you want to be /g/? or who do you aspire to emulate? Donald
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Where do you think we are.png (2 MB, 1441x1080) Image search: [Google]
Where do you think we are.png
2 MB, 1441x1080
who do you want to be /g/?
or who do you aspire to emulate?
Donald Knuth, Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Bill Gates, Kevin Mitnick, Aaron Swartz, John Carmack, Richard Stallman, Linus Torvalds, Admiral Grace Hopper, Zuckerberg, Markus Persson (Notch), Turing, Tim Berners-Lee, Zimmerman, Marc Andreessen, Peter Molyneux, other... why?
>>
Derek Smart.
>>
>>53673512
mitnick
>>
Gucci Mane
>>
Terry A. Davis
>>
I want to be me but happy.
>>
File: 11209346.jpg (116 KB, 738x572) Image search: [Google]
11209346.jpg
116 KB, 738x572
>>53675601
>>
Either Woz, Notch or Torvalds.
>>
Chris and Ray Chan
>>
>>53673512
A mix of Knuth, Swartz and Torvalds. I would like to have Knuth's discipline, Swartz kindness and sense of importance of the job, and Torvalds confidence.
>>
2 chainz
>>
Sheldon cooper.
>>
>>53673512
DHH, of course
>>
>>53673512
Doug and Larry
>>
Oliver Heaviside.
>>
Richard Stallman
>>
>>53677887
Lebanon!
>>
>>53673512
Either Elon Musk or Moot. I'm fine with both.
>>
I said "Richard Stallman" in front of 40 people once.

The mere sound of his name and the confident manner I said it said everything.

I didn't have to explain who he is, and I walked off the stage like a fucking baller.
>>
>>53673512
Notch.
Make a game, be lazy and use Java / fixed-function GL, then get billions of dollars.
>>
>>53673512
JWZ. Because he had enough common sense to get out of the fucking scam that is the tech industry of today.

That, and he could probably code circles around half the people listed.
>>
LinusTechShill
>>
>>53679141
lulz
>>
at least no one has claimed to want to be Hector Xavier Monsegur (Sabu)
>>
>>53673512
Wozniak.
The guy was a revolutionary that took true pride in his work.
>>
File: 1458039311613.gif (4 MB, 581x327) Image search: [Google]
1458039311613.gif
4 MB, 581x327
>>53673512
did any of the faggots on your list aspire to be someone? did they succeed?
>>
>>53680282
Suckerberg idolized Gates.
i'm sure each of them had someone to look up to in one respect or another.
>>
>>53673512
I'm you but stronger
>>
Stalin
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.