[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna start programming but where do I begin? Do I need to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1455982076474.png (964 KB, 946x1053) Image search: [Google]
1455982076474.png
964 KB, 946x1053
I wanna start programming but where do I begin?

Do I need to be super good with math? I'm completely bad in math, what language should I start first? Which one would get me paid a lot? Would it be fine to learn it from my home instead of going to school? If I get really good how long would it take me master a language?
>>
>>53673328
Fuck off anime
>>
>>53673333
>Saying this on an anime imageboard
Dohohoho
>>
>Good at Math
Nothing above algebra.

>What language
Depends on what you want to do. C# for desktop
>>
>>53673340
>saying this on a norwegian clam bartering forum
hohohohoho
>>
I would suggest y something basic like html it won't take long doesn't really require math and then start python or ruby
>>
>>53673328
>what language should I start first?

Karel
>>
>>53673333
Get the fuck out SJW redditor
>>
>>53673328
>but where do I begin?
By posting more horrified qt grils.
>>
File: 10264303.jpg (62 KB, 960x953) Image search: [Google]
10264303.jpg
62 KB, 960x953
>>53673874
Qt 4 or 5?
>>
>>53674000
None, Qt is garbage.
>>
Udacity + Code academy plus the rest of the internet
>>
>>53674264
Better than gtk
>>
>>53673328
You need motivation to learn it / a goal in mind
>>
>>53675568
hahaha lol
>>
>>53675781
Don't you have some features to remove and some animations to add?
>>
>>53673328
>language
C++
I started with it and I'm good.
>>
F# and C# are excellent languages to start with.
Note that F# is quite different from more traditional C-like languages.

If you're going to do a lot of programming, math is definitely worth learning.
>>
>>53675781
>No QML
>>
>good at math

No, but it is recommended that you know it. But even if you don't you can still program.

Start with any popular language: Java, C++, Python, C#.
>>
>what language should I start first?
Plankalkül
>>
Javascript. Since Node exists, there really is no good reason to use any other language.
>>
>>53675866
Thank fucking god.
>>
Where do you live OP? LaunchCode might motivate you a lot.
>>
>Do I need to be super good with math?
No. You can do a lot, A LOT, of programming with very basic maths (knowing how to count).

>I'm completely bad in math, what language should I start first?
Python is the answer, always. Very easy and very powerful.

>Which one would get me paid a lot?
Any of the popular ones. Like python. But that doesn't matter because passion for what you do and willingness to spend time programming are the most important things.

>Would it be fine to learn it from my home instead of going to school?
Yes. But school gives you an environment for you to do it in, and a lot of guidance. If you're not easily motivated, then you need to join a school.

>If I get really good how long would it take me master a language?
All your life. You can always learn something some more. To get to the point where you're absolutely comfortable with a language (ie: you are aware of the extent of your knowledge and you know where to learn more), it'll take you like 3 months if you study a few hours every day. Seriously.

Programming, just like math, isn't something that only Super Geniuses do. It's what some people, even people you consider to be dumber than you, do everyday because they took the time to learn it and burn it into their brain. Taking the time to suffer with it is **everything**.

It's a lot like a video game. You start easy, and eventually you'll find yourself simply wanting to do more.
>>
File: 347.png (139 KB, 273x220) Image search: [Google]
347.png
139 KB, 273x220
Don't spend more time reading about programming than actually doing programming. Instead of making this same thread every day for the next few months trying to soak in information, you would learn a lot more just by picking ANY programming language and actually programming.

You don't need to know a lot of math to get started, but remember that computer programming has its roots in mathematics, so if you start getting good at programming, you're going to have an easier time learning math. It's just logic.

Just pick any C-like language (C, C++, C#, Java) and start learning.
If you're more interested in web development, try out Javascript and jQuery along with HTML and CSS, and later on you can try out some server-side programming languages like PHP or Ruby on Rails.

This shit is easy, but it takes some work. Don't be scared, friend.
>>
>>53677274
>Python

Stop trolling. Use Matlab OP.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.