[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy this or the Apple ][? I'm a poorfag who just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: C64c_system.jpg (424 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
C64c_system.jpg
424 KB, 1280x1024
Should I buy this or the Apple ][? I'm a poorfag who just wants to dick around all day playing games and learning BASIC. Also want to know if it's possible to use a USB floppy drive with some kind of adapter. A complete C64 would break my bank, so I want to take the miser's way out and spend as little money as possible sacrificing authenticity for results.
>>
Neither, holy shit get a job
>>
just emulate. you dont want that old shit stuff taking up space.
>>
>>53670322
I have lots of free space on this table, plus you don't get the same feeling with emulation.
>>
>>53670404
>you don't get the same feeling with emulation.
>>>/vr/
>>
the c64 you nincompoop
>>
>>53670253
A IIe is much more expandable, a C64 will have better software and hardware support. It's your choice.

You can also pick up an XT, AT or a clone with ROM BASIC, maximal hardware/software compatibility plus better hard disk support so you don't have to worry about eating through difficult to replace floppy disks, at the cost of shittier looking games.

>>53670322
>>53670656
From experience, you learn and get way more out of tinkering and experimenting the real hardware than another inconsequential piece of software cluttering up your drive. Emulation is great when you have a specific case in mind, like an old game or piece of software, or you just want to see what it was like, but you can't really knock the hardware on the motivating basis of it alone. Plus, you're preserving artifacts from a pivotal point in human history that really is in danger of being lost, if that's your thing.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.