[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the overall best internet service provider to have and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: fios-quantumsm.jpg (28 KB, 440x253) Image search: [Google]
fios-quantumsm.jpg
28 KB, 440x253
What is the overall best internet service provider to have and why?

I currently have FiOS but I'm on the fence as to whether I should switch or upgrade right now
>>
>>53669694
>Verizon
>>
>>53669694
desu probably google fibre senpai. i've read nothing but good things. we will never get anything that nice in canada because CRTC only allows "canadian" businesses to act as telecom. bunch of fuckers.
>>
God:
Google Fiber

Decent:
FiOS

Meh:
TWC

Shit:
Comcast
>>
>>53670170
>>53670208
>tfw they're not expanding to NY anytime soon
>>
Straight up tap into your landline, that shit is useful af
>>
File: 1307052072160.jpg (2 MB, 2896x1944) Image search: [Google]
1307052072160.jpg
2 MB, 2896x1944
I left them for TWC

1. cheaper
2. FiOS is fast till it hits your modem after that it's what ever slow equipment yo have.
3. Less letters about torrenting.
4. I can access it on my computer on my Roku and phone.(Dont know it verizon does this)
>>
comhem.se
>>
>>53669694
You're lucky to even have FiOS. I have optimum online which is in competition with FiOS in a lot of areas and I usually have no problems.
>>
>>53670260
>tfw comcast and AT&T are getting legit fucking LAWS past in communities to bar Google from laying fiber
>>
>>53670614
Sauce?
>>
>>53670631
rip free market: http://www.npr.org/2016/03/09/469836987/in-kentucky-at-t-looks-to-slow-google-fibers-expansion
>>
FiOS. I got the 300/300 package. I use about 5TB of bandwidth a month, they don't mind at all. Run all kinds of servers and shit and they simply just don't give two fucks. God I love Verizon.
>>
>>53670660
this is actually my experience as well.

I only have the 75/75 package, but sometimes I'll get up too 90/90 and regularly use 2tb+ of net. [hentai@home ftw]
>>
VZ Fios will now be Frontier Fios here in TX after this month.

Tb.h I prefer TWC because they sell me 200/20mbit internet for $45/m, no modem fees and I can use my own router.

Fios could technically let me use my own router but they are cunts and won't simply just activate the ONT with internet coming through the ethernet. I don't need an installer to come to my home.

Also Fios is charging $50(+ $10 for router) 2yr contract for only 75/75mbit.. F that pham.
>>
OP there is no "best" ISP, as that would imply people have a choice.
There are no choices for ISPs.
>>
>>53670647
This is free market anon.
>>
https://epb.com/home-store/internet

EPB in Chattanooga, Tennessee has 10Gig residential for $300/month.
>>
>>53672120
More like free lobbying, memer.

>>53670260
It's moreso that Google Fiber has started in the South / Midwest and has to build its way up. Fiber is reddickously expensive to deploy with planning considered, a GF is learning this by acquiring already built fiber. NYC is clustered as fuck and upstate is more or less served by Verizon FIOS along the Hudson.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.