[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What could be the next evolution of light bulbs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: LED%20CFL%20incandescent.jpg (49 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
LED%20CFL%20incandescent.jpg
49 KB, 660x371
What could be the next evolution of light bulbs?
>>
Why didn't you post them chronologically from left to right?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53669483
Bulbs are retarded to begin with.

Light strips make far more sense.
Maybe even a 2D light surface.
>>
>>53669483
slow glass
>>
>>53669515
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>>/reeeeeeeeeeeeeddit/>>>
>>
>>53669523
this 2bh smdh familia
>>
Voice assistence
>>
>>53669515
He did, you just have to read it from right to left like a Japanese anime.
>>
>>53669632
Oh, don't worry.

Lightbulbs of the future will all have microphones and webcams, and will upload everything over the IoT.
>>
>>53669649
Wait.
Anime goes from right to left???

Shit why has nobody ever told me that?
>>
>>53669483

The original lightbulbs were fine.

> 100 % recyclable
> heats the house

Now the new ones can't even produce heat (so if your house is heated with gas, you actually spend more) and contain mercury which makes them impossible to properly dispose and recycle.
>>
>>53669553
underrated post
>>
>>53671855
>so if your house is heated with gas, you actually spend more
wut. Gas is cheaper for heating homes in most places. Space heaters are for single rooms or areas.
>>
LEDs. Energy savings and longevity of compact fluorescent bulbs, same shape and non-toxicity of incandescents.
>>
>>53669671
http://www.legitreviews.com/sengled-snap-led-light-bulb-integrated-ip-camera-speaker-microphone_156203
>>
>>53671997
>Gas is cheaper for heating homes in most places

Not where I live. Here most heating is done with electricity.
>>
>he hasn't moved 100% to LEDs
The fuck is wrong with you
>>
L  A  S  E  R
A
S
E
R
>>
imagine if everyone had their own infrared lenses

hahahha

bullshit
>>
File: bd.jpg (1 MB, 3000x4000) Image search: [Google]
bd.jpg
1 MB, 3000x4000
they will be shaped like pic related to maximize light diffusion.

kidding, hehe. It's just something I pulled out of my ass.
>>
>>53672041
that's a minority use case then. And it's only useful during the winter, it's a detriment during the summer.
>>
>>53672085
poop efficiency
>>
>>53669699
He meant mango.
>>
>>53672166
Can i be near your ass?
>>
candles
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 150x150
>>53669483
Controlled nuclear reactions.

>>53669523
Bulbs on the whole are more versatile. You can set up a single one, or a strip or array as large as you want.
>>
>>53669523
bulbs are easier to place. Yeah strips are usually better but then you need a larger area to put it.
>>
LED's that aren't 70% heat 30% light are the next evolution

until they're like 90% efficient we won't be changing.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.