[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
enjoying your youtube red sub so far?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: Capture.jpg (24 KB, 420x351) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
24 KB, 420x351
enjoying your youtube red sub so far?
>>
>>53668967
>paying for adblock with added cancer
>>
>>53669079
But how do you watch it on your mobile device?
>>
>>53669193
I don't
>>
>>53669193
Root and use one of the Youtube ad blocker/background play xposed modules
>>
>>53668967
yea tb h
>>
i forgot that existed
what does it do again?
>>
>>53669193
newpipe
>>
>>53669678
Makes you worth anywhere from 50-120x more valuable than a non-Red subscriber to content creators.

Gives you access to ad free viewing natively, access to YouTube music, and unlocks features in the YouTube iOS/Android app like offline viewing and offline playlists.

Its only really worth it if you really want to support content creators though. As Red views are worth a metric fuckton more than ad views.
>>
>>53669715
so it just lifts some official restrictions officially, that you could get unofficially anyway?
>>
>OgYoutube downloader (w/o adblock) = YouTube red subscription
>>
>>53669742
>>53669787
Yea, which is why I say that the only reason to do it is if you really like the content creators.

I equate it to subbing to someone on twitch, its just a way of really saying you want them to be able to thrive

As you can see in the pic, a YouTube Red view is worth almost two fuckin cents. Which, in terms of viewing CPM, is fucking crazy high.
>>
>>53669870
ok man, you can post your channel. I really mean it, post it.
>>
>>53669994
Eh, its dogshit anon. Been too busy with uni so I havent posted anything in months and even when I was posting the content was meh at best.

if your really interested its "thelol1759"

Be sure to lick/cum/sibscrub bb :^)
>>
I use google music because google lets me upload my torrented music + their library. I grabbed Red b/c it was an extra $5 a month and there are some creators who I watch intermediately enough to feel bad for using adblock, but not bad enough to sign up for their patreon.

Also no more ads on mobile is nice.
>>
>>53670011
>gaming channel
fuck's sake mate, why?
>>
>>53670119
I was young m8, I've learned the error of my ways.

As you can see, the latest video is just me showing off a hotelroom from when I went to the AGU Fall Meeting last year.

It was fucking fantastic, if you can, you should go.
>>
>>53668967
doesn't exist in my country yet =(

my phone's rooted anyway so I have the features. Planning on not rooting my next phone though, so I can use tap and pay and a few other things. hope it comes out by then.
>>
>>53669702
This
>>
>>53670136
what is AGU anon?
>>
>>53670169
u a canuck?
>>
>>53670136
looks hella boring to be honest.
Is it just people showing off their scientific works?
>>
>>53669193
>tfw using an old as fuck version of the youtube app on my tablet
>tfw it doesn't display ads, ever

Topkek. Shit's not even rooted.
>>
No Red Tube on my country either, and I am using youtube-dl based player on my phone so no ads or limits on there either.
>>
I am canada fag so I don't have it yet.

I don't really give a shit about ads so I don't bother to remove them, but I already subscribe to google play music so if they're gonna just include Red with that then I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>53670193
>American Geophysical Union
Its the fucking Superbowl for Geological/Heliospheric research.

http://sites.agu.org/
And this is the site for the Fall Meeting: https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2016/

Here's my abstract if anyone gives a shit.

>>53670202
It may well be for some people, I thought it was incredibly exciting.

The talks were fantastic, and everyone was a top dog in their area of study. It was like everywhere you turned you saw another bleeding edge discovery.

Also they had these motherfuckers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI-gcG87TJo

The shit that these companies are producing is incredible.

>>53670309
rip canucks
>>
>>53670318
Thanks anon. So it's like rocks and stuff then?

Can you explain this - once when I was a kid I found a damn near perfectly spherical rock. Like a fucking stone ping pong ball.
>>
Paying money for a worthwhile service isn't a terrible thing. I'd still rather see a few ads than pay to not see them.
>>
>>53670426
fuckin minerals man, how does shear factor even work?

And no unfortunately lol, I was with the Heliophysics department. Which is to say, we spend a lot of time looking at the sun.
>>
>>53670492
This.

Same reason I actually pay for Adobe CC. I just like the product.
>>
So has anyone done a survey to see the overlap between people who sub YTred and people who buy WinRAR?
>>
>Have Google Play Music
>YouTube Red isn't available in Australia
>>
>>53670202
>>53670193
more video I never published cause the audio sounds like shit and I hate my voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSE_6q_Jom4
>>
>>53670505
Cool, so you know a thing or two about sun spots.

So, could a solar flare fuck us as a planet?
>>
>>53670764
could it? Yes.

Is it likely to ever happen? No.

However, Earth is affected by Coronal Mass Ejections [aka CMEs, the shit you actually need to watch out for] fairly regularly.

Our sun is on a ~10 year cycle where it goes from ultra low activity [>3 sunspots at a given moment] or extremely high activity [22< constantly].

Last I heard we were just leaving a cycle of peak solar activity.

You may have noticed some increased radio interference on FM channels while driving or using cellular networks during particularly bad solar storms.

While I was working as on webapp stuff, I sat with the space weather interns, and got to record one of their practice sessions before they actually had to report to the international team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQO_gqVEs48

Let me find a video for you to show you the kinda things we look at to determine impact likelyhood.
>>
It comes free with Google play unlimited; lazer team was pretty good.
>>
>2016
>unironically using DMCAtube
shiggy diggy iggy
>>
>>53669079
1 dollar for 3 months of music streaming plus no ads on youtube is a pretty good deal anon.
>>
>>53671221
Asspained """"""""""""""content creator""""""""""""""" detected.
Get a real job.
>>
>>53669702
the paly in background function doesnt work but its what I use most if not all the time.
>>
>>53669193
Firefox ublock
>>
>>53669193
Ad-block.
Same as my pc.
>>
File: Captura de Tela (9).png (743 KB, 1064x515) Image search: [Google]
Captura de Tela (9).png
743 KB, 1064x515
I can't. God fucking knows why
>>
>>53673266
same
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-25-01-52-13.png (49 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-25-01-52-13.png
49 KB, 720x1280
I am enjoying it
>>
>>53669193
Using Firefox and adblock extension
>>
>>53673316
>paying money for botnet music
>>
>>53669193
>But how do you watch it on your mobile device?
I use Safari and my Content Blocker takes care of the ads.
Everything doesn't need a fucking "app" for it.
>>
>>53668967
not avalaible in my country, but I don't give a fuck

>paying for a service that you can have for free
>>
I pay for it just to support the handful of youtube peoples videos I watch.

I think the whole ad based business model is shit so this is the one place where I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

The internet is basically shovelware garbage at this point and could use a good purge.
>>
>>53668967
>youtube red
What the fuck is that?
>>
No because it's us only. I even have a google play music subscription goddammit.
>>
>>53670930
T-that's actually impressive.

I didn't think there would be actual academia people on here.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.