[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now before I start, keep in mind in educational materials, manuals,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: nsn1.png (429 KB, 1055x765) Image search: [Google]
nsn1.png
429 KB, 1055x765
Now before I start, keep in mind in educational materials, manuals, and other type of shit like that is an exception because you may need to look back at it or study some diagram, but...

>There are people who actually sit down and read a book instead of an audiobook

Why? Don't you have work to do? I listen to them when programming, so I can gather information while I work; it kills two birds with one stone. If I actually focused on reading manually like that, I wouldn't be able to program, and I wouldn't have enough time to do that, and I'd be a loser who didn't accomplish anything.

You only have so much time on this Earth, so why not try to spend it as efficient as possible?
>>
>People are too busy talking about AI to discuss the benefits of audiobooks
o-okay
>>
File: disgusting.png (17 KB, 305x289) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
17 KB, 305x289
>There are people on /g/ illiterate enough that they need audiobooks to enjoy the stories.

GB2/kindergarden/
>>
>>53666179
>le "there are people who don't do things exactly how I do them" meme
neck yourself shitposter
>>
>talks about wasting time
>posts cartoons made for 3 year olds
>>
>>53667384
there is hentai for 3year olds?
>>
>>53666179
audiobooks aren't as efficient.

I tried "listening" to a book once.
It was garbage, i found myself not knowing what happened a minute ago a lot.

>You only have so much time on this Earth, so why not try to spend it as efficient as possible?
I read when i'm riding the bus/tram.
~1.5h daily in total.

Hardly wasted time.
>>
>There are people who actually sit down and shitpost on an anonymous image board instead of just fucking off

Why? Don't you have work to do?
>>
>>53666179
Everyone is different. I'm sure you have heard of the three sense categories for learning of visual, audio and kinetic.

Clearly you are audio, but there are those who learn better from reading or doing kinetic via trail and error with code.

Also not all people strive to be efficient and aren't necessarily going to be time aware.
Good if you are time aware, organise your time efficiently and work hard to achieve your personal goals.

Also that pic brings me back. Yes I know what it is from. Definitely not for 3 year olds.
Personally liked the scene with the hoover in the dorms. Gynaecologist dude didn't like that the whore was pregnant.

My friend got caught with the DVD I made of it for him with his adoptive lesbian couple parents...

>>53667384
Night Shift Nurses. You should look it up some time.
Not the kind of cartoon you would play to a 3 year old.
>>
>>53667369
>neck
Wtf, are you 12?
>>
>>53667369
No!!! Your idea of insults have been dulled by liberal cuck from radio, new, media, government, etc.

Need to remember the good old insults of cunt, prick, fucker or constructive sentences which make a good insult.

If this lib cuck gets out of hand there will need to be lessons for insulting people.
>>
File: srlI0F1.png (289 KB, 540x407) Image search: [Google]
srlI0F1.png
289 KB, 540x407
>>53667351
>>53667369
Ayy strawman.

>>53667523
Pic related. Also this is a discussion intended to gain knowledge, so I wouldn't call it waste. Also occasional breaks are healthy.
>>
>>53666179
> implying the human brain can mulitask anything but the most basic functions

You're just changing your focus very fast between 2 tasks. How can you expect to do any of the two tasks properly?
>>
>>53667677
The same way people can drive while listening to the radio. They can still drive because it's not physical.
>>
>>53666179
> there are people who don't write things down and follow derivations proofs and examples while they read

It's like you don't enjoy learning or something
>>
You can do a job fast, or you can do a job right. If I am programming, I do not split my attention between programming and listening to something like an audio book, which requires paying the fuck attention to actually retain information. The only thing one should listen to is ambient music for improving concentration.

On that note, I can read faster than most people speak, so listening to an audio book is actually a less efficient use of my time.
>>
>>53667656
>Also occasional breaks are healthy.
I come to /g/ to take a break from being useful, if you want to get knowledge go to wikipedia or yahoo questions, nerd!
>>
Today I was reading a book in the subway, and suddenly I noticed that the person sitting next to me turned slightly, and peeked at my book for like 10 seconds. It was awkward, and I pretended not to notice. I though to myself that he was probably some down-person or just socially weird one.

He left the subway train at the same stop as I did, and I got to take a look on the guy. He looked like just some normal guy. He turned to me, and told me that he was thinking about reading that book I was reading. We had a conversation about the author and his other book while we walked to the bus station.
>>
>>53668036
>he wants to fuck
>>
>>53666179
how semen's demon this?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.