[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
E-Reader or Tablet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: howtoogranizeshit.jpg (525 KB, 644x745) Image search: [Google]
howtoogranizeshit.jpg
525 KB, 644x745
Hey /g/, I have a Nexus 7 2012 tablet and using it to read books. Now I am thinking about getting a dedicated E-Reader and was wondering is it worth it, or should I just stick with the Nexus I have.

I usually read for hours at a time, but can't really say that my eyes feel strained or hurt.
If anyone has some experience to share or an advice - please feel free to drop in.
>>
>>53665021
I enjoy having an E-reader because when I try and read on a tablet I end up playing games and browsing 4chan.
>>
>>53665150
>I enjoy having an E-reader because when I try and read on a tablet I end up playing games and browsing 4chan.
If the book interesting, I rarely take a break or get distracted. But I see your point.
>>
Single. Bump.
>>
No reason to get one if what you're using is working fine right now.

I use the 2013 Nexus 7 to read, and I see no reason to get a dedicated ereader instead.
>>
>>53665021
>>53665021
tablet if you expect it to double as a shitposting machine. otherwise e-reader

if all you want to do it read epubs, nothing beats the battery life and the e-ink experience. def get one if you spend any time reading outside in the sun
>>
>>53667306
Can I sideload ebooks or it isn't an option? Which ereader would you recommend?
>>
File: wpid-IMG_20140113_0348071.jpg (2 MB, 1380x2068) Image search: [Google]
wpid-IMG_20140113_0348071.jpg
2 MB, 1380x2068
>>53667533
kobo+calibre 100%

here are some things you can do with it
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217160

of particular relevance

night mode
https://dbeinder.github.io/kobo-nightmode/

disable google analytics
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162713

wikipedia
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218376

plus custom fonts, gratis public domain from kobo store, $100 price tag, nice interface
>>
>>53665021
If all you want is to read then get an ereader. I've been using a cheap kindle for years now and it's pretty good.

If you want to interact then get a tablet.
>>
>>53668086
Which one?
>>
>>53668119
I am considering getting eReader so I could focus on just reading. So shit like battery life and all kinds of shit on the tablet would not get in the way.
I also don't want to buy a reader which supports only one or two formats.
>>
I'm looking for a tablet that you can read out in the sun, with no glare. I work outside on stacks all day and was hoping to find a good tablet for books and manga that is still easy to read with. I thought about an E-Reader but most don't have storage for much manga and it seems like you have to convert them which seems like a hassle.

Any suggestions?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.