[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello /g/, i have a dual monitor setup with one monitor pivoted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4
File: wallpippers.png (8 KB, 1095x688) Image search: [Google]
wallpippers.png
8 KB, 1095x688
hello /g/,
i have a dual monitor setup with one monitor pivoted (turned vertical).
i use windows and am too retarded to figure out how to setup a nice wallpaper for this setup. it's a total resolution of 3000x3000 (see pic).

my first try in creating a wallpaper was to vertically center a fullhd picture on the right side 1920 pixels and do something else with the first 1080 pixels, but it looks like shit

wat do
>>
>>53664757
well i guess i'm retarded, as soon as i posted that it occurred to me that the total resolution is in fact 3000x1920...

off to google
>>
File: dmt.jpg (3 MB, 4720x2684) Image search: [Google]
dmt.jpg
3 MB, 4720x2684
Windows is retarded, in your configuration it's nearly impossible to have the wallpaper display correct.

Just get dual monitor tools. It's open source and free. It's what I'm using and it's great.
>>
File: girlwithcoffee.jpg (151 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
girlwithcoffee.jpg
151 KB, 1500x1000
>>53664811
hmmm thanks for the tip, though i don't think i wanna use a(nother) 3rd party tool - you see, i'm trying to keep autostart small (for OCD reasons teehee)

i have a nice wallpaper that i don't mind if it gets cut off on the sides a bit, i just want it to fit the 3000x1920 somewhat nicely and for that i'll probably have to edit the image a little bit / embed it on a bigger canvas and smoothen the edges or something...

pic related, that's the one

yeah i realize this is /g/ and not /wg/ though i think there is a little intersection of subject matter in this case
>>
>>53664937

I understand your reasoning, I postponed installing the application because I didn't want to bloat my system. But I eventually caved in, and I'm glad to do so.
>>
File: test.png (1 MB, 3000x1920) Image search: [Google]
test.png
1 MB, 3000x1920
ok, so here's my solution if anyone's interested.
the trick is to set windows to TILE the background.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.