[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
xps 13
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: xps 13 skylake.jpg (430 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
xps 13 skylake.jpg
430 KB, 1200x900
anyone of you gentoomen has the new xps 13 (skylake)?

is it good? thinking about buying it but would like to hear your opinions first
>>
There are major problems that are in this generation that were not fixed in the previous generation. One is that the audio device will randomly stop working and you need to reset it from the UEFI. Another is that if you use Linux, then the screen will randomly stop working until you go into sleep mode. This problem has existed since the 2015 February edition.
>>
I'm waiting for one that I bought off dell outlet to get here. There seem to be people complaining about different issues with it, but that's usually the case for everything. So just make sure you buy it from a reputable seller that has a good return policy.
>>
All the old problems are still there. Do not get one
>>
>>53662122
You can get one at your local Microsoft store if you think the audio and screen randomly turning off until you reboot is no issue for you. Also, 30 days was not long enough for me to find all of the issues. I had assumed the problems were the fault of Window and Linux until I searched deep into computer forums and found out how long standing the issues were.
>>
>>53662541
dell outlet comes with a one year warranty and onsite service
>>
>>53662734
I hope that includes a one year cash refund.
>>
>>53661624
no trackpoint
bad keyboard
>>
>>53662794
obviously
>>
>>53662927
>implying they'll give you anything besides in store credit
>>
>>53663057
maybe when you're old enough to shop somewhere other than gamestop you'll understand, kiddo
>>
>light sensor bug is fixed on my dell tablet with firmware update
>XPS 13 can't even turn the sensor off
kek
>>
I actually just returned one of these. It shipped with a fucked up BIOS, according to them.

I'm not a Linux diehard, I run Mint/Ubuntu and forks... As well as Windows. This computer literally does not even work.

I got full refund after cussing at Pajeet enough.
>>
Mine is coming in on Monday, I'm prepared for it to be shit. I know these laptops are amazing when everything works, but a majority of posts I read on the internet are about how someone got a bad or defective unit.
>>
Does this thing still have that terrible battery problem that I remember from before where its usable lifespan was rated at like 300 charge cycles or something like that?
>>
>>53665066
It still does iirc
Dell describes it as having 300 charge cycles before starts to lose life
I know the battery is replaceable
>>
Seriously considering getting an XPS 15, slightly off out by all the hardware issues people are reporting but it seems like such a beautiful laptop. Can't seem to find any others that are quite as good as it, shame about Dell's inability to build computers.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.