[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fedora users:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: tatica-945x550.jpg (80 KB, 945x550) Image search: [Google]
tatica-945x550.jpg
80 KB, 945x550
https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/announcing-fedoras-diversity-adviser/

Say hello to your new "Diversity Adviser" María Leandro.
>>
>>53658873
>diversity is a bad thing
>>>/pol/
>>
>>53658873
I would pump that semen demon full of my DNA
>>
>>53659153
>>>53658873 (OP)
>>diversity is a bad thing
>>>>/pol/

No. But diversity advisors often are.
>>
Seems fine.
>>
>>53658873
why do companies insist on creating such specialized roles?
>>
>>53659153
>diversity is intrinsically good and necessary

What's it like being brainwashed?
>>
>blue hair

everytime
>>
>>53659153
>diversity is a good thing
prove it
>>
>>53658873
Welp, time to install BSD.
>>
>>53658873
fuck fedora. Is she paid by donations or red hat?
>>
>>53658873
That smile
>lenny.jpg
>>
>>53658873
Oh great, another white woman with colored hair who is going to tell everyone how they need more people of color because... well... diversity is a good thing right?
>>
File: 1413299045410.jpg (683 KB, 1840x1088) Image search: [Google]
1413299045410.jpg
683 KB, 1840x1088
>>53658873
>>
I thought fedora was a linux distro, what do they need a diversity advisor for?
>>
Diversity advisers shouldn't be white person because whites just can't understand anything about diversity.
>>
>>53659485
fuckin kikes
>>
>>53659485
PR.
>>
>>53659496
shes from Venezuela.

>white
Nah she aint white, and we dont want her.
>>
"maybe in a near future, this will open the eyes of those who think that everything in Fedora is plain blue.”
oh well time to uninstall fedora
>>
File: workstation-testimonial.jpg (139 KB, 1000x693) Image search: [Google]
workstation-testimonial.jpg
139 KB, 1000x693
>>53658873

well, this is a real improvement
>>
File: Tatica-prof.jpg (16 KB, 177x250) Image search: [Google]
Tatica-prof.jpg
16 KB, 177x250
> Hiring someone who can't even operate a t-shirt

dropped.
>>
File: 1458692492678.jpg (17 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1458692492678.jpg
17 KB, 255x255
IT'S OVER! FEDORA IS SJW NOW!
>>
who the fuck uses fedora anyway
>>
>new diversity adviser
eh, whatever
as long as it isn't paid
that would be a waste of resources, but if she is willing to do it for free (or is being externally funded by others) i don't see a problem

it's like when we had that girl in a first year engineering group --she was as dumb as bricks (which was unusual, most girls in our year were pretty cluey) so we made her in charge of 'group-public relations', which wasn't really a job and kept her out of the way for the most part
>>
>>53659459
and more white people complaining about it because they blame their lack of a job on "muhh diversity" and not on the fact Pajeet writes better code and isn't autistic
>>
>can't into english
>comes from a country where *not* raping someone in the streets is considered progressive
>isn't known for being a huge sjw cunt
This is actually a good step.
Everyone needs to have one at some point, and it's this now or a fymynystfrykwyncy type in a few years.
>>
Zero fucks. Women are fine when they're not extremists. We put up with gaymergate fags, and they're equally annoying as the feminists,anyways.
>>
Only autistic white males and curry smelling Indians use Linux. I don't get how they are going to appeal it to any other group.
>>
>>53660777
linux on desktop*

By finally "freeing" linux from gnu
>>
>as a Latin American, Spanish Speaker and Female contributor, I can relate to some
>create programs to help each minority group
>monthly short meeting to discuss those topics that might need help (revisions on our politics, codes of conduct, an anti-harassment paper, etc.

lol
>>
>>53658873

Fuck my ass ppl get paid for being "Diversity Advisors"
>>
>>53659352
>>53659367
This. A well connect homogeneous group are far more likely to get along, be tightly-knit, think in the same direction, and work efficiently together.

The only place diversity is good is your product testing or maybe your product design, not your product development.
>>
>>53660842
Nice try Rajesh, but you still need to take the poo in the loo
>>
>>53660648
In corporate settings, higher up management typically assumes that you can throw a lot of programmers at a project and create a large nice program, kind of like how a lot of people in a warehouse means more production. They typically mass-hire pajeets in the hopes that if they throw enough monkeys in front of keyboards that eventually they'll write an OS or something complex. But what actually happens is they create a tangled mess of spaghetti code that is virtually unmaintainable and buggy, or just plain not working. So then the company has to take a loss and write off the damages and hope they can hire more competent programmers to create what they wanted while sucking off their investors. Most pajeets don't actually have a real degree and the one that do came from India.

And now you know why billion dollar corporations are being outdone by 20-50 people startups.
>>
>>53658873
It's a perfectly valid way to state that you're useless and would rather capitalise on the fear of intolerance than do something useful.
>>
>>53660948
yeah I can tell you have worked in the industry and aren't a basement NEET pulling figures out of your ass

>and now you know why billion dollar corporations are being outdone by 20-50 people startups
like who? give me an example. Also
>implying startups aren't hiring the very same SJW types you dislike so much
>>
>>53660951
>It's a perfectly valid way to state that you're useless
Well her twitter does make a point that she is a "designer" and "photographer" so that checks out.
>>
>>53660974
>a basement NEET pulling figures out of your ass
Anime figures, amirite?
>>
The one little detail all of you faggots are dense to see, is this, no matter what your stance on diversity is, Linux will never attract a diverse enough crowd for this to gain traction. Never. Let it fizzle out and die silently under it's own power. When this happens, it will be viewed with skepticism from there, on.
>>
File: cheese_pizza.png (346 KB, 463x469) Image search: [Google]
cheese_pizza.png
346 KB, 463x469
>>53660928
That's not the point. Hiring someone because of their appearance is bad. People should only be judged based on how skilled they are in the field they are applying for.
>>
>>53661376
>People should only be judged based on how skilled they are in the field they are applying for.
you have no idea how skilled the diversity adviser is. You're hating her because of the way she looks + the fact that she's a woman

and yeah I'd rather work with an incompetent woman than a stubborn turbo-autist with no social skills
>>
>>53661442
You don't seem to get it. We're hating the idea of a "diversity adviser" because there is no reason to have one.
>>
>>53661442
The problem is not that she's a woman and her skill has no part in this neither.

The problem is that she's a diversity advisor, and her job is to hire someone because of his appearance.
>>
File: franco.jpg (22 KB, 319x273) Image search: [Google]
franco.jpg
22 KB, 319x273
>>53659352
>x is not bad so it must be good
polusers.txt
>>
>>53661467
>>53661493
Oh, I see. Carry on.
>>
>>53661467
>>53661493
well from looking at the previous comments you guy seem to think that any non-white, male programmer is going to be bad
>her job is to hire someone because of his appearance
and you KNOW this
>>
>>53661513
You might be stupid.
>>
>>53661521
Not a single post in this chain of responses mentions male or white. You are blinded by your own stupidity, anon.
>>
>>53658873
She reminds me of an ex.
>>
>>53658873
it must be really nice being a latino and having a vagina right now in the US
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.