[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
iPhone SE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8
File: iPhone-SE-Renderings.jpg (161 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
iPhone-SE-Renderings.jpg
161 KB, 1000x563
I never owned a apple product I always found them overpriced and overrated but this seems like a good deal and I am tempted to buy it
What /g/ things about the SE?
>>
>>53658294
It really is a pretty good deal for an Apple product. If you can deal with the limitations and whatever /g/ keeps whining about, then go for it. Own an iPhone 5 since release myself, love the design and everything still works flawlessly. Looks like it will do it for another few years, which is pretty great.
>>
>>53658294

$399 for a 4 inch 16 GB storage phone with 2 GB of RAM in 2016 is still a ripoff, no matter what OS the phone is running.

If they weren't greedy and got you at least 32 GB, then it would maybe be an okay deal. You are paying for the 4 inches screen and the Apple tax essentially on something that should cost $299 with all of the above.
>>
>>53658330
>if you can deal with whatever /g/ keeps whining about
/g/ will whine about anything apple would do. there are people here still making threads about steve jobs almost 5 years after the fucker died. the people here might be more obsessed with apple than any stockholder.
>>
>>53658394
How convenient forgetting to mention it's strongest components, the M9 motion cpu and the 12mp camera which is exacly what 6s has
>>
I used to swear by Android and only switched to Apple when I shattered my HTC a couple of years ago and was given an iPhone as a replacement.
I haven't looked back, great phones.
There are limitations, but I honestly don't need to do anything other than call, text and browse so I figured there's no point in me even owning an Android since I don't use it to its full potential.
There is no umbrella excuse legitimate enough to trash an iPhone just because it's a normie phone. In my experience with naysayers, they have always seemed a little off, contrarian, somewhere on the spectrum.
That being said, I lost my 5S a week before the SE was announced. I'm pre-ordering mine tomorrow.
>>
>>53658571

In what world would they even matter at all?
>>
>>53658294

Walled Garden. The Phone.

If you can deal with it good, if not go with Android (a Nexus prefereabily). I use both and I find iPhones to be way too restrictive.
>>
>>53658602
Are you even listening to yourself?
In what world would the cpu and cam matter? In every world that doesn't want their phone to lag and take shitty pics and vids?
>>
>>53658294
I hate Apple but I hate phones that are bigger than 4.5 inches even more.

I'd rather get a SE than a modern 5+ inch Android abortion.

Gonna stick with my 4.5 inch phone until it stops working. Fuck current smartphones.
>>
>>53658795

The M9 is a motion coprocessor, not the main processor, so it matters little in the grand scheme of value calculation on the phone.

You can get a 12 MP camera on any midrange $199 phone with marginal impact on the quality. It is literally a non-factor since it's pretty much standard on every phone with that pricepoint and up.

I ask again with more specificity, in what world would these two factors matter at all in the value consideration of the phone?
>>
I'd deal with it, I don't mind having 16gb (my phone does, and I can use a microSD but I just don't).

My issue is transferring files. I need confirmation from someone who uses something more recent without jailbreaking it. Is it still just as painful to transfer even .pdf files to it? I only owned an iPod touch 2 all those years ago. I really dislike iTunes, despite really liking OSX myself.
>>
>>53658394
>m-muh specs
The end result i.e. performance is what actually matters you fucking autist.

Someone post the android "optimization" pic.
>>
>>53658941
The camera on the iPhone is not the same at all. Not an applefag but the photos from iPhones are way better than some mid range shit.
>>
>>53659004
Depends on how you want to transfer pdf files. I think safari can download any pdf file into the adobe reader app if you have it installed and you can move them around with dropbox. still no usb support

more options if you're jailbroken, with ifile and ssh support
>>
>>53658941
Except you get one of the highest rated cameras by all accounts only surpassed by Galaxy S7, but somehow that doesn't matter right lol
>>
How many google services can you use on these

Because I'd replace most shit but I still need my gmail account
>>
>>53658941
And again.

>muh megapixels
You just outed yourself as knowing literally nothing about cameras. Just shut the fuck up already you imbecile
>>
>>53659004
It's pretty straight forward to get pdf files onto an iPhone. You could put them in iCloud Drive on your computer and then access them on the phone with the iCloud Drive app. You could also do this with any other cloud storage provider. You could email then to yourself.
>>
>>53659099
because that seems so much easier than drag and drop
>>
>>53659034

I'm not the one that brought it up. You did by pointing out those two features.

>>53659039
>>53659058
>>53659079

If you value the camera more to the point where the difference is enough for you to overpay for a smartphone, then that's your decision to make, but it's not a compelling enough argument on a pure value proposition.

Cameras on phones aren't good enough to start overpaying for everything else.
>>
File: 1456109644275.jpg (103 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1456109644275.jpg
103 KB, 960x960
It's not a good deal, compared to a zenfone 2 you're paying $100 more for:
>less RAM (2GB vs 4GB)
>smaller battery (1,642 mAh vs 3,000 mAh)
>smaller screen (4.0" 640p screen vs 5.5" 1080p screen)
>less storage space (16GB and no mSD slot vs 64GB + mSD slot)
>less apps
>ect

But if you're a turbo gay manlet who is poor and stupid then I guess this is the phone for you.
>>
>>53658294
I like the look of the hardware, but the price is too high for 16gb. I also don't want to be stuck in fapple's ecosystem, with all the iTunes bullshit and such.
>>
>>53659117
>zenfone
The money to the usual account right?
>>
>>53658294
same here, this is the first time I really want an iphone
>>
>>53659148
Just giving an example m8, I don't even own one or ever will.
>>
>>53659117
I would point out the price and the storage space, but your other points are kinda shitty when:

-iOS requires less RAM to function smoothly
-Battery consumption is better as well, despite the smaller battery
-Unless you want some VR shit, you're driving extra resolution on that phone for literally nothing (720 would be fine and perform better)
-Everyone and his mother knows that good apps are on both, Android just has a bigger amount of shitty ones with the exception of an emulator or two
>>
File: 1402392239080.png (65 KB, 512x239) Image search: [Google]
1402392239080.png
65 KB, 512x239
>>53658330
>1136x640
>good deal
>>
>>53658941
>megapixels is the only thing that defines a good camera
not really m8
>>
>>53659115
> I'm not the one that brought it up. You did by pointing out those two features.
You absolutely were the one who started taking about specs. You were responding to OP, who I am not.

> If you value the camera more to the point where the difference is enough for you to overpay for a smartphone, then that's your decision to make, but it's not a compelling enough argument on a pure value proposition.

> Cameras on phones aren't good enough to start overpaying for everything else.
Great going changing the goalposts asshat. I was only telling you why your entire argument is shit. My point was numbers mean next to nothing, especially when you're comparing something to an iPhone. FYI I use android and won't be switching to an iPhone in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>53659148
Wait is the Zenfone considered a bad phone?
I was on the verge of buying it but
>>
>>53659204
> changing
Crap, moving*
>>
>>53659183
>-iOS requires less RAM to function smoothly
Bait. iShits over a year old barely even function.

>-Battery consumption is better as well, despite the smaller battery
The iTumor exists for a reason.

>-Unless you want some VR shit, you're driving extra resolution on that phone for literally nothing (720 would be fine and perform better)
MAXIMUM OVERSHILL
>>
>>53659223
>RAM
while my ipad 2 became really slow, my parents' iphone 4s' still work more smoothly than my galaxy s3
>>
>>53659223
> Bait. iShits over a year old barely even function.
Try three years old. Even then the devices are fine unless you fell for apples planned obsolescence
>>
>>53659183
>-iOS requires less RAM to function smoothly
Not really but that's not why more RAM is better. When you have more RAM you can do things like switch between multiple desktop web pages in your web browser more quickly without having to reload them
>-Battery consumption is better as well, despite the smaller battery
Not really, while I do admit the A9 is a very efficient ARM chip it will not match the battery life of the zenfone 2 which uses it's own energy efficient x86 SoC.
>-Unless you want some VR shit, you're driving extra resolution on that phone for literally nothing (720 would be fine and perform better)
if you have bad eyesight yeah.
>-Everyone and his mother knows that good apps are on both, Android just has a bigger amount of shitty ones with the exception of an emulator or two
By sheer volume android has more "good" apps despite having more shitty ones.
>>
I hate vomitchan, he's the smart kid who's always right but you want to disagree with
>>
>>53659204

Numbers do matter to calculate the premium on a good, which is what OP wanted. You can not do that without comparison to other non-premium goods.

It was a bad idea to break it down on a component level since everyone jumped on my dick the moment it happened,

But I did not change goalposts on the camera. I explained myself on that point and why I think the difference between any 12 MP camera and Apple's camera doesn't really matter, but I should've added things like focal length and pixel size which would make an impact which would not matter enough to a person who wanted to take photos on a cellphone to pay a premium for the difference.

It doesn't matter in the end since phones will keep coming out as long as we can get better processors.
>>
>>53659438
Put your trip back on
>>
>>53659117
>lists a 5.5 phone
the point was it is a 4 inch
>>
>>53659465
So OP is a manlet?
>>
>>53659117
fucking kill yourself, a big screen is not a universal pro
>>
>>53659477
not just a manlet, OP is a turbo manlet
>>
>>53659493
We're not all manlets though, sorry.
>>
>manlet meme
yall autistic af
>>
>>53659298
>if you have bad eyesight yeah.
I have perfect eyesight and at normal viewing distance I can't see any pixels on the 720p/4.5" display of my smartphone.
>>
File: 1454652775760.gif (976 KB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
1454652775760.gif
976 KB, 245x280
>>53659525
Did we strike a nerve?
>>
>>53659117
>typical android 'muh specs' argument.

>less RAM

iOS doesn't need 4GB of RAM to run smooth. It's optimised for the phone.

>smaller battery
better power management

>smaller screen
wow this 4inch screen phone designed specifically for people who prefer smaller phones is BAD!

>less storage
pretty much the only thing android has going for it

>less apps
"I'm sure pissed I didn't get an android, I miss having several thousand fart apps! iPhone only has a couple hundred!"
>>
FUCKING RETARDS WHO USE FUCKING PHABLETS TO PHONE OR CHAT ARE NOT GOING TO CALL ME A MANLET JUST BECAUSE I PREFER SMALLER PHONES RRREEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53659452
You're right. I need to calm down. What ticked me off was you mentioning the RAM. The 16gb storage I agree with (though I have trouble filling up even half of my 16g moto g).

someone wanting a nice camera doesn't make them wrong though.
>>
File: iphone se.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
iphone se.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>53659570
>iManlet being this anal blasted
>>
File: 1458282040336.jpg (54 KB, 536x582) Image search: [Google]
1458282040336.jpg
54 KB, 536x582
>>53659117
just put android instead of windows and specs instead of games
>>
>>53659550
>iOS doesn't need 4GB of RAM to run smooth. It's optimised for the phone.
That's not the point of more RAM you fucking retard.

>better power management
lolwut, my friends are constantly bitching about low battery lives on their iphone 6s phones. In fact one of them outright ditched their iphone for an S6 active because of the shitty battery life.

>wow this 4inch screen phone designed specifically for people who prefer smaller phones is BAD!
They could have at least made it 720p

>>less apps
>"I'm sure pissed I didn't get an android, I miss having several thousand fart apps! iPhone only has a couple hundred!"
Apple actually has more fart apps than android. Didn't the appstore manager personally make like 20 of them?
>>
File: 1457260501647.jpg (56 KB, 485x459) Image search: [Google]
1457260501647.jpg
56 KB, 485x459
>>53659587
Is that the best you got? You're so desperate you're gonna cling to random memes now?
>>
I'm buying 4 because it triggers so many people.
>>
Ordered

Space Gay
Anal care plan
Complete with the leather BDSM official case
>>
>>53659608
> That's not the point of more RAM you fucking retard.
Not him but what was your point? Multitasking?

>>53659117
> less apps
Quality > quantity
Android apps are shit.
>>
>>53659631
>Complete with the leather BDSM official case
Senpai, i hope you got that shit from Amazon. Literally all 5s shit is crazy discounted because they think its dead.
>>
>>53658899
Manlet confirmed
>>
>>53659641
>Not him but what was your point? Multitasking?
Pretty much, more RAM means less rationing RAM resources and having more of it free ready to load up more stuff at once regardless of mobile OS. That's why multi-tasking is better on the iPhone 6s than the iPhone 4.

>Quality > quantity
>Android apps are shit.
Bruh more apps in general means more good apps as well. Maybe apple might have 1,000 good apps and android might have 10,000 bad apps but because of the sheer volume android is guaranteed to have more than 1,000 good apps.
>>
>>53659608
>lolwut, my friends are constantly bitching about low battery lives on their iphone 6s phones. In fact one of them outright ditched their iphone for an S6 active because of the shitty battery life.
Lol, I love it when /g/tards make up some story about imaginary friends that of course ALL have the same phone that they are trying to bitch against and they are all desperate to get a new one.
>>
>>53658294
>64 GB of storage costs almost 600 euros in Germany

Yeah nah. Fuck apple for their jewishness when it comes to storage.
>>
>>53659708
> Bruh more apps in general means more good apps as well.
It really doesn't. Try using the same apps on and iPhone you do on Android. Speaks volumes when even Google themselves cannot make their apps better on Android than ios
>>
>>53659608
>lolwut, my friends are constantly bitching about low battery lives on their iphone 6s phones. In fact one of them outright ditched their iphone for an S6 active because of the shitty battery life.

I know that feel
My imaginary friends are bitching too, about how jet fuels can't melt steel beams
>>
>>53659682
Female confirmed. I mostly see women with 6s+ because they carry around purses
>>
>>53659759
> It really doesn't. Try using the same apps on and iPhone you do on Android. Speaks volumes when even Google themselves cannot make their apps better on Android than ios
I have, in fact this is one of the reasons why I ditched my iphone 6s plus.
>>
>>53658294
Theres something fucked up about that image.
>>
>>53659776
I'm not buying it. Which apps
>>
>>53659744
>600 euros in Germany

You mad Ahmed?

Apple said 399$ for 16gb and 499$ for 64$
Which is roughly 357.5€ and 447€

Your country's stores are ripping you off more than Apple does, haram
>>
After owning a 5inch+ phone for 2 years I could never use anything smaller then that. It literally feels like I need baby hands to go back to something that small.
>>
>>53659708
I 100% guarantee that iOS can keep more apps open at once with 2GB of RAM than Android can with 4
>>
>>53659798
learn how economies work kid.

Americans are payed peanuts hence your products are cheaper.
>>
>>53659845
>Americans are payed peanuts hence your products are cheaper.

Damn you're stupid Mohamed
Everything is made in Chinese slave factories you retard
Your understanding of the world is the same as a 3 year old
>>
>>53659798
499 USD are 441.87 EUR, both without taxes. With taxes (19%), it's 525.83 EUR. No idea where the remaining 63.17 EUR come from though.
>>
>>53659924
He's saying burgers are paid less therefore can afford less, hence the cheaper iPhones.

You're both fucking retarded.
>>
>>53659957
>burgers are paid less therefore can afford less
>believing that Europoors have better wages than Americans

Good luck with autism
>>
>>53660039
Holy shit you're fucking stupid. Enjoy your shitty minimum wage fool.
>>
>muh minimum wage

Hey Ahned this is gonna shock you but what really matter is the average wage not the minimum wage
Stay mad Europoor
>>
Had I not upgraded from a gen. 1 Moto X to a Moto X Pure only 3 months ago I would gladly buy one and I'm usually not a fan of Apple products myself.
>>
>>53659062
Literally all of them. The default email app works with Gmail flawlessly or u can just download the Gmail app if you prefer Gmails default retarded way of showing your emails.
>>
>>53659206
I have one, and regret it. Just save for a Nexus or maybe one of the motoralas. Battery life is shit without tons of tweaks and undervolting it from 2ghz to 933mhz. The only good thing is 64gb of storage + 128gb microsd is great for music on the go but it has pretty shitty sound so that doesn't even help.
>>
vomitchat on suicide watch
>>
>Not really, while I do admit the A9 is a very efficient ARM chip it will not match the battery life of the zenfone 2 which uses it's own energy efficient x86 SoC.
Okay I was with you up until this. The zenfone 2 CPU is not energy efficient at all. The only way to get decent battery life out of the fucker is to severely gimp the shit out of it (read underclock from 2ghz to 933mhz) I've tried all the other tweaks and that was the only thing that saved my battery life but now it struggles loading emails or a lot of Google hangouts messages.
>>
>>53660446
*underclocking
>>
File: 1431665342492.png (339 KB, 414x499) Image search: [Google]
1431665342492.png
339 KB, 414x499
>>53659514
>mrw only people I see with big phones are women yet 4chan traps keep calling people manlets for wanting a small phone
>>
>>53660520
>Manlet maymay
Literally everyone in the whole world 5 years ago were manlets.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.