[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay faggots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1445530638000.png (112 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1445530638000.png
112 KB, 1024x1024
Decided to escape the botnet, which fork of Firefox do I get now? List reasons why x is better than y. So far I only used Nightly, as I used Chrome Canary before.

Also, how do I into ricing? about:customizing doesn't even exist in Nightly and the built-in customizing is shit and you can only move elements around, and not even all the elements.
Is there any theme I can just download to make it look like Chrome's Material design?
>>
File: About Mozilla Firefox.png (84 KB, 693x364) Image search: [Google]
About Mozilla Firefox.png
84 KB, 693x364
>>53658112

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/
>>
Don't use developer versions for production environments. Unless you're activity developing for the applications, it has no use on your system and is likely to cause more crashes.

GNU IceCat is probably the most libre, anti-telemetry fork of Firefox.
>>
>>53658112
use firefox fag.
use a good user.js file like the one found here:
http://12bytes.org/articles/tech/firefoxgecko-configuration-guide-for-privacy-and-performance-buffs
>>
>>53658619
cuck
>>
>>53658523
>/en-US/
Lol no thanks fatass.
>>
>>53658771
That's the site language, not the Firefox's, retard
>>
>>53658786
Yes? I never said anything else.
You could've linked to https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/all/ and avoided embarrassment.
>>
>>53658843
Why? You can't find your aboriginal language if the site is in English?
>>
regular Firefox or FF Beta. Nightly has too many issues with addons

essential addons:
Classic Theme Restorer, or maybe other but this one can give you a proper minimal UI
Tabs Groups (the real best reason to use FF)
>>
>>53659237
>not using NoScript
>>
>>53659257
>NoScript
>not uBlock Origin
>>
>>53658112

Download official fork
Disable all telemetry

Extension to install:
- httpsEverywhere - Disable the observatory shit
- uBlock origin
- GreaseMonkey if you want custom scripts for websites
- Stylish for custom css
- 4chanX
- NoScript if you want, but most website will be broken

You can download themes from the firefox addon library, I use arc-firefox-theme
You can also customize your userChrome.css file to make your own theme (harder than downloading one)
>>
File: retard.png (115 KB, 545x158) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
115 KB, 545x158
>>53658112
>using nightly
>>
1) Go to Firefox website
2) Download Firefox 64-bit (Default is 32, watch out!)
3) Install Firefox

It's very simple anon
>>
>>53659435
> default is 32 bits
> still using botnetOS
>>
>>53659453
Yeah, makes my life easy, why would I want to make it harder? I already spend most of my hours working and running errands, I don't want to spend the remaining few hours of my day fixing Xorg

I'll keep Linux on my server and Windows on my desktop, but thank you very much for that valuable input
>>
>>53659381
>Download official fork
>Disable all telemetry
Telemetry is disabled by default
>>
>>53659257
nah I used NoScript for years. Disabled it and found the internet worked fine with just a good ad blocker. The only thing that's annoying is shitty news sites that insert into the clipboard "READ THE REST OF OUR DRIVEL AT CLICKBAITNEWS.COM"
>>
>>53659381
that is why they got a white list... noscript is good for browsing first time websites that you only want to read text and basic html/css.
>>
>>53659483
Same guy here

Wanna get more triggered? I have error reporting enabled in Windows 10, all telemetry in Firefox, and I joined the Intel product improvement program.

I swear I'm not lying nor a shill, I actually thought "Hey, I'm a developer and I'd love to have error logs and performance statistics from real users so I can improve my program" so why not do it for them?

I also don't give a fuck about proprietary software, and RMS is a delusional hippie (though I do respect his work)
>>
>>53659483
>>53659533
why do you need to justify your choices ?
>>
>>53659401
>wants to switch to firefox
>they call him a retard
Kek, you freedumb faggots, fuck you
>>
>>53659552
I don't, I just wanted to trigger that tinfoil hat wearing neckbeard for fun
>>
>>53659604
Try harder nigger, I'm not triggered enough
>>
>>53659257
>NoScript
>2016
HAHAHAHAHA no

Use uMatrix and/or uBlock Origin's Dynamic Filtering.
>>
>>53659484
>Telemetry is disabled by default
There is more you have to disable like Google's Safebrowsing and other shit.
>>
>>53660147
Those aren't telemetry.
>>
>>53660179
No one said it was.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.