[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Vivaldi is not recommended - It's a fake browser
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Fake.png (77 KB, 1280x199) Image search: [Google]
Fake.png
77 KB, 1280x199
If you take a look to the screenshot:

That "background page:Vivaldi - App: Vivaldi" process is a clear indication that Vivaldi is only Chromium with a bundled add-on to create their "feature rich UI" - Kill that process and the browser is still around, but the UI is gone.

So they take Open Source Chromium and bundle it with a third class add-on for which you need only one dev most of the time to create it, and they have almost 20 people working on it?

If you use Vivaldi, better use Firefox with CTR - Fully Open Source, no fake browser.
>>
>>53656578
vivaldi is a meme
>>
we need to bring this to the surface. they cant get away with this
>>
Sure it's just Chromium with a really nice UI but I fail to see how that's a bad thing.
>>
>>53656578
Do you know what Node.JS is? It's no secret that Vivaldi uses it.
>>
>>53657021
if OP's claims are correct, then it's bad because it's bloat, and because it's claiming to be a browser in itself when it's really a chromium skin
>>
>>53657800
While I disagree with it being made the way it is, it's still far more functional than Chromium, and this applies whether or not it uses Chromium at the core.
>>
>>53657815
i suppose the bloat argument is more of a preference. they should still sell it for what it is though
>>
They should release it at the Chromium app page and not bundling it with Chromium.

Going Open Source and offering a smaller download and all Chrome users could have the benefit of customization.

But bundling it with Chromium as closed source, this is scam and shows pure greed.
>>
Looks shooped. It uses no memory at all, when I use it.
>>
>>53657815
Same effect with Firefox and CTR - No Botnet and no Closed Source.
>>
>>53657103
The negative point is not using Node.js - the negative point is advertising it as unique browser when they only use the app launcher to create the UI. This is no native implementation of features.
>>
>>53658362
Not the same effect, Firefox needs dozens of extensions to replicate Opera. I can't really say how well Vivaldi does, but I bet it's better at it than Firefox.
>>
>>53656578
This is not news. Everyone knows this. But it's not necessarily a bad thing.
Vivaldi is for people who want the Chromium engine but want more/other functionality than Chromium, Chrome et all offers.
>>
>>53656578
it's a closed source fork of chromium what the fuck, vivaldi is not an option and it never was.
>>
maybe it's a bloated software, but it's really faster then firefox
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.