[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sick of your shit, AMD. Bought a 290x a while back and have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: imgres.jpg (8 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
8 KB, 247x204
Sick of your shit, AMD.

Bought a 290x a while back and have severe issues with black screening during 2D tasks like video.

Once it blackscreens, the computer will only start normallyprobably 1/10 times. The rest of the time, I get a bunch of post codes.

I've researched the codes and they don't seem to be for anything related.

Video of post codes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9QO8VMcXVE&feature=em-upload_owner

Researched the hell out of this and can only find that others are having similar issues, but the suggested solutions don't work. Wut do?

Setup:
ASRock Extreme4
Sapphire 290x
>>
>>53653772
what model 290x is it? reference?
>>
>AMD card
>not working properly
Well there's a surprise.
>>
>>53653948

Sapphire Trixx
>>
290/X series had a lot of problems at lunch, this is why everyone bought the GTX 970.

You only solution is to make a custom 2D profile with higher clocks, sorrry bruh but you get this for buying AMD.
>>
>>53654000

This was one of the solutions I tried. No improvement.
>>
>>53653999
what PSU are you using?
did you try other PCI-e slots?
did you try another GPU?
are you within the GPU warrantee?
>>
Return that fucker and buy a 970, at least that way you get a card that works.
>>
>>53654031

>PSU
Antec Trupower (750W gold)
>PCI
Yes, tried in multiple slots and on multiple computers
>GPU
Yes, everything ran fine with my 7950 and 6870
>Warranty
Yes, but Sapphire makes you pay for RMA shipping and there is a fee if they find the card isnt defective (and they have every incentive to blame it on something other than the card)
>>
>>53654078
Shit happens bro.
>>
>>53654078
can I get a pic of the label on the side of the PSU? I see it's a 2x 12 volt rail which might be the issue if the gpu is being run off of multiple rails. if it is, a single rail PSU should solve that.
as for RMA, let's use that as a last ditch option.
>>
>>53654190

Sorry, I mistakenly listed my prior PSU. Current is a Rosewill Capstone 750.
>>
I have a 6970m and with the latest driver update it fucked up my system bad. Started with black screens, then it fucked my boot. Had to reinstall windows and I still can't get any driver to work for it. Its madness, one bad driver that kills all others. All my bios hardware testing say yhat the gpu + the rest of the system is fine. Jas to be the driver
>>
>>53656226
If anyone has any ideas, please let me know
>>
I have an asrock extreme4 like you, had to rma a 280 twice because it would never work with the board. Got post errors too. Now I'm running a gigabyte 960 oc edition, it's flawless. Running it 300hz ocd. It may be radeon cards just don't like that board?
>>
File: 1456677204392.png (650 KB, 512x800) Image search: [Google]
1456677204392.png
650 KB, 512x800
>>53653973
>>53654045
>>
>>53653772
Have you tried different drivers?
That's usually my first step of troubleshooting.
>>
>>53653772
I had problems with my 980Ti when I got it.
Had to update my BIOS/UEFI to make the card work properly.
Tried that?
>>
>>53653772
>buying used
>>
File: works_on_my_machine.png (30 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
works_on_my_machine.png
30 KB, 200x193
My 290 is fine mon amie
>>
>buying amd

Don't say you haven't been warned. They're cheap for a reason.
>>
>>53658066
Thank you mighty meme man
>>
just bought a r9 290 tri-x oc refurbished, everything just works
>>
>>53658066
Holy fuck the shills
>>
>>53658066
290x isn't exactly cheap.
>>
>>53658066
Not even cheaper in most regions, just worse.
>>
>>53653772
>ASRock Extreme4

Go to ASRock site for that mobo and do a BIOS update.
>>
290x owner here and blackscreens went away completely after using windows 10, also latest drivers and a mild OC. For fucks sake OP you bought a card that continues to get better and better now even outdoing 980s in many cases, cheer up fuck
>>
So OP's baiting in order to get faggots to give him tech support? Nice
>>
>>53653772
/g/ is not your tech support forum

go complain about the defective stuff you bought somewhere else please.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.