[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought a computer a year ago and the guy had Linux Qubes on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 43833776.jpg (16 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
43833776.jpg
16 KB, 470x470
I bought a computer a year ago and the guy had Linux Qubes on it for "security" I didn't do anything with it till I wiped the hard drive and installed Windows 7. Anyone know why he would have such a weird distro on it?
>>
I found its easier not to question the strangeness of people who even know what Linux is.
>>
>>53653193
What's weird is that dumb fuck didn't destroy the drives and just offload the comp without them
>>
>>53653193
If you wanted to know you probably shouldn't have formatted and dug the disk and attempted to find if the faggot set the encryption correctly.
>>
>>53653268
I wasn't in the mood to try to learn some random distro when I needed a working pc
>>
I once got a laptop with Knoppix installed on it's HDD. Text to speech was enabled and it only booted into the CLI. My only guess is that it belonged to a blind person
>>
>>53653308
Could have booted from a live CD.
>>
>>53653268
Overall though, I would guess one of two things. The guy was a conspiracy nut and thought the gove gave a shit about his collection of hentai. Or he was a pedo. Or he was just curious at being a "l33t H4x0r".

There is several reasons he could have done it.
>>
>>53653193

Qubes isn't exactly Tails. It's more of a container-friendly distro used as a hypervisor for virtualization.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.