[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How comes we went from having houndreds of knock-off consoles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
How comes we went from having houndreds of knock-off consoles on the 8-bit and 16-bit era that were on par with the real consoles in terms of power to...well...not having anything even near that after from the 5th generation onward?

What changed in the components that made this impossible? or was it something related to laws changing or the market changing? I kinda doubt it was law related, at least entirety, since there's shit loads of countries where copyright laws are thin at best.

Pic unrelated.
>>
Here is a better place for your post.

>>>/v/
>>
Earlier software was easier to replicate modern stuff takes years of hard work and lots of money making it almost impossible for smaller companies to compete
>>
>>53652955
>>>/v/
>>
>>53652988
>>53652998

Are you implying /v/ knows anything about computers?
>>
>>53652992

Well, hardware wise the NES, SNES or Megadrive were decent for the time they came out, not the best, but pretty decent, same as how the modern consoles are not the best hardware abviable, even if they are good enough to be competitive.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.