[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /g/ i would like your input on something, i have an fiio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
hey /g/ i would like your input on something, i have an fiio x1 which i use regularly though it has had a fe w hiccups such as its rubber wheel falling apart. desu the fiios build quality is shit and i want a device that feels more sturdy and premium i was thinking of buying a ipod classic 5.5 80gb off a friend for $75 and rock boxing it. Im not a huge audiophile but i do own a pair of ath m50x.

what im asking is would what would i loose or gain form making the switch would my headphone be to high quality for the ipod to power?
>>
bump
any help is good help.
>>
>>53652860

i think you can drive those with a external power supply like this one
http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E6-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B005HJWWW8?ie=UTF8&keywords=fiio&qid=1458787270&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

i dont really know if that may be the best one but it shoudl do the job
>>
>>53652860
Ath m50s don't require much to run, the drivers are sensitive. Sorry to hear the X1s build quality is shit, I have a 1st gen X3 and the things solid as hell. Basically an aluminum brick.
>>
>>53653238
Yeah I dropped it once and the corner dented and its rubber wheel degrade to the point where I couldn't move it so I had to take it off
>>
File: 0323162312[1].jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
0323162312[1].jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>53653222
do not buy an E6,definitely not worth it, I bought one and almost immediately regretted it and upgraded.
I use the A3 and it works perfectly with my Classic.
I'd also recommend using an L9 cable to get better output from your ipod
http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-L-Shaped-Line-Cable-iPhone/dp/B005N6ZAT2
>>
So you guys are saying go to a iPod 5.5 from a x1 is a ok move?
>>
The 5.5 is a good buy, just keep in mind that it uses a shitty ZIF hard drive by default. If you're feeling brave you can modify it to use SD cards or even an mSATA from here:

iflash.xyz
>>
>>53652860
If you are buying a mint condition ipod video. Whatever you do. If it's mint condition on the silver back of it. Please for the love of beautiful and aesthetic things. Get yourself a Zagg Invisible shield for it. I hate scratches.
>>
>>53652860
Get the iPod and pop in an SSD
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.