[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how can i unbotnet my life? ive never cared about privacy and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Booleans.gif (57 KB, 600x197) Image search: [Google]
Booleans.gif
57 KB, 600x197
how can i unbotnet my life? ive never cared about privacy and have pretty much used shitload of google products, fb, etc and have signed up to shitload of websites. how do i debotnet my life?
>>
You don't.
>>
It's too late, the system has you.
>>
You can't. Just suck it up and go with the flow until society finally figures out that spying on people isn't ethical. Just make sure you speak out about it.
>>
File: fRMUxNH.png (321 KB, 530x500) Image search: [Google]
fRMUxNH.png
321 KB, 530x500
>>53652332
can someone explain this meme i dont get it (the picture)

is it because he is in infinite loop looking for meaning of his life?
>>
>>53652344
>>53652351
>>53652365

The data that he's already given Google, Google will remember forever, but that doesn't mean he has to give them anymore. If he stops now, the information they have on him will become more and more out of date, and much less useful to them.

You do, however need to stop using all Google services, and that's just to start.
>>
>>53652444
why? I love google and im heavily dependent on them, why should I sacrifice these great products for "muh privacy"?
>>
>>53652332
>>53652444
Okay, first, replace all Google services.
GMail -> Startmail, Protonmail, self-hosted
Maps -> OSM
Android -> Cyanogenmod, or another custom ROM
Play store -> F-Droid
Search -> Startpage, DuckDuckGo
Chrome -> Firefox.

>But Firefox sucks, anon!
Yeah, it does. Thing is, Chrome is a botnet and there's nothing you can do about it. Firefox sure *wants* to be a botnet, but there *is* something you can do about it. First, read this: http://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/18/a-comprehensive-list-of-firefox-privacy-and-security-settings/
Then, start picking up some addons. You want uBlock Origin and uMatrix, since a lot of the botnet comes in the form of advertising scripts. uMatrix takes time to learn how to use, the idea is to default-deny all javascript, and then only allow a minimal set of scripts on sites you trust, if and only if said scripts are needed for them to work.

You need some way to deal with cookies. There's several choices, I prefer Self-Destructing Cookies. The idea is that you deny all third-party cookies (these are never necessary for a site to function), and accept first-party ones. Then, as soon as the tab is closed, the cookies get deleted. Cookies are a major part of how the botnet can follow what you do across the web.

You also need to get rid of some things, most notably Flash. Flash is a major tracking vector, in addition to being a huge security problem.

>>53652658
Well OP was asking about avoiding the botnet. Google tracks you. That's their whole business model. If you find that creepy and privacy-invading (I sure do, and apparently OP does), then your only recourse is to not use Google anything.

If you don't care about your privacy, well, I don't know what to tell you. Hope you're okay with a dozen companies having a complete record of everything you do.
>>
>>53652444
>implying you can stop giving your information to google or anyone
HAHAHHAHHAHAHA, keep believing that.
>>
File: there's still time.jpg (120 KB, 466x493) Image search: [Google]
there's still time.jpg
120 KB, 466x493
>>53652736
You absolutely can. You, apparently, aren't willing to go to the effort, and just say "lol, it can't be done, accept having no privacy"

Which is your choice. But make no mistake, you DO have a choice.
>>
>>53652717
>Hope you're okay with a dozen companies having a complete record of everything you do
B-but all I do is shitpost on /g/. What can they do with my collection of rare pepes, for example?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.