[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is programming the new literacy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: 16081375273_fececcaa45_b.jpg (243 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
16081375273_fececcaa45_b.jpg
243 KB, 1024x768
Is programming the new literacy?
>>
>>53651126
>oh shit i saw this poster at my college
>better shitpost on /g/ about it!!!!
>>
http://www.gnu.org/education/education.en.html
>>
No, they just want to destroy the culture that built up around it by firstly promoting it amongst people who are the opposite of it (more women in code! Male? sorry we only hire sports fans and people who work out) and when that failed because enjoying programming actually requires enjoying puzzles (something only nerds do) they tried to promote it to everyone, so if everyone knows how to program the people still following the culture just weird and incidentally programmers. That will fail too because 90% of normal people also don't enjoy puzzles.

This is what happens when it's socially acceptable for people to hate you.

What would benefit us most is if absolutely everyone except the people who actually got good were scared away, leaving only a few great developers and a lot of jobs for us to fill. Worker shortage is actually good for workers, unemployment and promoting this for everyone will make it impossible to get a job, especially after affirmative action or just outright hiring on racial lines.

Remember, despite how true/untrue, most people think there are only too many white people in STEM.
>>
File: Gentleman Kamen Rider.jpg (126 KB, 735x569) Image search: [Google]
Gentleman Kamen Rider.jpg
126 KB, 735x569
>>53651666
>What would benefit us most is if absolutely everyone except the people who actually got good were scared away, leaving only a few great developers and a lot of jobs for us to fill.

>666

Hello Salty minion of Satan. I'm here to say that's EXACTLY the effect this program will have.

Frankly, 90% of the world just can't program and never will. Most of America can't even learn a regular language past English because it's too hard. There are "native English" speakers who are barely literate their own language. Now, make that language very picky about syntax to the point it will fail if you put spaces in wrong or forget to put in a bracket somewhere and you get something that almost everyone will ragequit over.

End result: Everyone tries, maybe learns Visual.net and CSS/HTML (that's not a programing language. lol) and that's it. People realize that actual programmers are valuable, even if it takes time for it to sink in, and we're good to go for another generation.

PS: If you are intimidated by women and people of color, up your game. That is all.
>>
>>53651813
I'm not intimidated by them, I'm intimidated by the constant stream of "more women and minorities in code" articles. I'm intimidated by acceptable sexism and acceptable racism.

>up your game
LOL

White men have extremely high minimal standards compared to black lesbian demi-nihilist transvestites.
>>
File: Rabi priest monk bus.jpg (391 KB, 1280x416) Image search: [Google]
Rabi priest monk bus.jpg
391 KB, 1280x416
>>53651867
>White men have extremely high minimal standards compared to black lesbian demi-nihilist transvestites.

Frankly, you can replace the two groups with anything. I have heard the exact same phrase from men, women, even transvestites: "Help, help! I'm being OPPRESSED!"

Every single person crying that has some sob story as to why it's true and every one of them uses it as an excuse for why they failed. Shut up and do something whether it be improving yourself or getting involved in lolsuits like the rest of the whining masses. Sitting there being salty and whining only shows you are intimidated/defeated and that's not helping anyone.

The only reason to fear more programmers is if you know they're better than you at your work. Blaming anything else as to why they were picked over you, especially if you were booted at the "just a porfolio and a resume" stage, is a cop-out. Get gud.
>>
>>53652150
You're a stupid cunt, the point is they don't need to be better. You're a doubly stupid cunt if you think there isn't a stigma against hiring white men in STEM.
>>
>>53651126

>Is programming the new literacy?

No, you can function in the world fine without knowing how to program. No one person can know everything.
>>
File: Wolverine_and_stan_lee.jpg (53 KB, 465x536) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine_and_stan_lee.jpg
53 KB, 465x536
>>53652191
>You're a stupid cunt, the point is they don't need to be better. You're a doubly stupid cunt if you think there isn't a stigma against hiring white men in STEM.

Now defaulting to insulting the poster and raging about the patriarchy... I mean, the socio-politically correct trans-lesbian army. Be better than them if you want to fight them otherwise there is no point as you basically are them.

There are several research labs plus a NASA station where I live and I know quite a few guys working there. High end stuff is still white as a snowstorm in the USA, partially because up until th last 20 years so so, white was the majority in most regions. Go to Japan or India and the colors shift to match. Yes, more blacks and women will be appearing over time because demographics shifts are a thing.

People aren't necessarily hired because they aren't white men. It's possible they are better than the others applicants and this was determined before the employer even saw their faces. I already said it before and I'll say it again: get gud or sue. Think you're good? GET BETTER. Whining does nothing.
>>
>>53652334
>blaming the victim
Tell me, in a modern western nation, do you think an Indian or Chinese developer would ever be given the reason for rejection that they don't fit the "culture"?
>>
>>53652334
It's interesting how you can't comprehend the point he is making - he isn't complaining about his individual skill but rather how the system of meritocracy is being degraded such that skill is becoming less crucial while external factors such as your race or gender actually become a factor for employment. The mechanisms that are inducing this phenomenon is social shame and affirmative action.
>>
File: Reality Matrix Sucks.jpg (42 KB, 550x424) Image search: [Google]
Reality Matrix Sucks.jpg
42 KB, 550x424
>>53652429
> Doesn't know the Chinese are really sticklers on cultural expectations thanks to the Communist party and that the Indians still enforce 1,000+ year old cultural traditions legally or not.

>>53652485
The vast majority of people complaining about discrimination in the USA have never had a solid example of being discriminated against. They simply take the easiest answer as to why they lost out on that job and blaming external factors is the easiest out. After all, if it's some government/social thing and not your fault you don't need to change a thing. It also is an excuse for xenophobia and makes them into the exact same kind of person they are railing against. And this goes for ALL people: lesbians, white guys, feminists, black guys, ect. They all sound the same and use the same excuses as to why they weren't hired and then get salty about too much of the "opposing party" in their field.
>>
>>53652645
>Chinese are really sticklers on cultural expectations thanks to the Communist party and that the Indians still enforce 1,000+ year old cultural traditions legally or not.
I wasn't talking about the countries China or India, you incoherent rambling retard, but the people when they come to western countries.

You expect me to believe you're an authority on programming, programmers and how they're hired when you can't even comprehend my post:

>>>53652485
>The vast majority of people complaining about discrimination in the USA have never had a solid example of being discriminated against.
Well I do, so go fuck yourself.
>>
File: logical fallacy.jpg (571 KB, 1600x1131) Image search: [Google]
logical fallacy.jpg
571 KB, 1600x1131
>>53652715
>>
If Obama can do it... anyone can. Just don't do encryption.
>>
>>53652784
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s7MTM4BKZ_E

I'll keep blowing you the fuck out the longer you keep this up. You're wrong and you just don't want to admit the truth, only white males are systematically oppressed in the west.

>>53652485
You know what, you're a fool as well.

It's Marxism, all HR have degrees which are associated with Marxism in someway, even if that word wasn't used once in any permutation by their professors. The anti white male thing is deliberate class warfare exactly as dictated by Marx as per a fictional hierarchy which cannot be proven by quoting any active law/precedent, like a backhand slap against the first societies in the world who outlawed slavery, gave women the vote and introduced equal opportunity laws.
>>
>>53652892
Societal collapse is underway but our capital and human infrastructure will endure so the revival will be quick and easy. Remember which class will ultimately prevail when it devolves into guerrilla warfare.
>>
>>53651126
I really can't see why anyone bothers with this
If you want to drag down coding wages, hire Pajeeht. You're not going to convince a significant number of consumers to learn how to program. I'm a fucking autist with a reasonable interest/understanding in technology and programming bores and confuses even me.
If you want consumers to have a better understanding of technology, there are far easier ways of doing it than teaching them code. (This also runs against the general trend of the last decades towards dumbing down technology so consumers can use it easier, rather than smartening up consumers so that they understand what's going on.)

There's also something depressing that the example is a phone and not a computer. (inb4 some pedant points out a phone is still technically a computer, you know what i mean you cock-gobbler.)
>>
It's an effort by corporations to saturate the job market with CS degrees so there's more competition and lower wages. Welp, looks like one of the few remaining high wage jobs isn't going to be one for much longer.
>>
>>53652892
>The anti white male thing is deliberate class warfare
congratulations, this is the dumbest thing i've ever read.

if SJWs are anything, they're pushed by people at the very top to fracture the left-wing and ensure they can't do anything of meaning. have fun trying to start a communist revolution without men.

the most successful thing capitalists ever did was sell the left wing on globalism with the justification that if they were protectionist of their own economies then they were raycis
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.