[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NexDock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: NexDock.jpg (29 KB, 640x346) Image search: [Google]
NexDock.jpg
29 KB, 640x346
So these guys have a pretty smart idea:
Take a laptop, take out the actual PCand add adapters for mobile devices. Right now mainly targeted at Windows, but soon to come to more OS.
I know many of you people demand more of a Laptop than a smartphone can offer, but for people that want to write documents and stuff like that it's suitable.
It's technically a BT-Keyboard, a screen and a Powerbank in one.

Maybe people will finally use their smartphones for more than just twitter and kittenvideos
Discuss
>>
>>53649868
The "PC" part of a laptop is about 300 bucks if we talk about top hardware, so it hardly would be that much cheaper and still have shitty OS, shitty performance ... if I got your idea right.
>>
>>53649998

Well they said it would be 130$

Ubuntu is trying their Linux-Android-Hybrid.
And many phones already perform pretty well.
I guess a thing like this could become the new bottom-levle-laptop or chromebook
>>
>>53650146
screen, battery, keyboard, trackpad and kamera in a solid case for 130 bucks?
doubt it. at this point you might just go for a full laptop as >>53649998 said.
>>
>>53650302
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nexdock-the-world-s-most-affordable-laptop--2
Ok, final retail price might be 150$

Then again, if you connect it to a RasPi or maybe a Kangaroo-PC you have a full-blown PC
>>
>>53651114
>14.1 inch 1366*768 TN Screen with 16:9 display ratio
Ugh, I get that they want to save money and get best possible performance but ... ugh.
>>
Pretty shitty idea IMO, considering you can just screen cast from your phone and hook up a Bluetooth keyboard.

This is mainly aimed at office drones from what I'm guessing.
>>
>>53651440
I guess it's for office drones without an office.
I'd really like to see more ways I can use that PC from 2004 in my pocket, especially when I get an email with a text document and wanna do something with it.
Right now I have a tablet and a Smartphone, and I dont always carry my 10in tablet with me. Also, android isn't very friendly with productivity support. I wish it had decent, native mouse and keyboard support and maybe a better UI suiter for keyboard
>>53651324
I HATE that stupid fucking aspect ratio. it's horribly numbered and the resolution is just low enough to be visible.
>>
>>53649868
So if you are carrying one of these and a phone, why not just have a laptop and a phone?
>>
>>53651912
I guess because different devices. Maybe a workaround having everything in the cloud or constantly having to shove files between devices
>>
>>53651709

Nigga ms office is on lagdroid and ios. Unless you're creating macros or something with columns you can do some light editing.

In the future I'm sure there won't be any offices left. Internet has made that shit redundant along with college education.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.