[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ is this Alienware X51 R3 a good deal for $1200? Processor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Hey /g/ is this Alienware X51 R3 a good deal for $1200?

Processor is i7-6700

I'm looking for a new computer and don't know how to build one - nor have the interest for it and I found this Alienware desktop on sale for $1,200. I just wanna know if it's a good deal for a new pre built PC.
>>
Sure, if you're retarded then that's maybe a good option
>>
>>53648446
Should I buy a 27" 5k iMac instead?
>>
pls help
>>
>>53648401
Why the fuck do they always pair shit like the 970 with i7 processors. You only need an i7 if you have something like the R9 390.
>>
Alienware straight up lies to you. The GTX 970 has only 3.5 GB which is simply not enough.

Here is a better build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FwQ2gs
>>
>>53648948
I don't know.

>>53648957
I don't have any idea how to build a PC and all the stores in my area that build them are ridiculously expensive in labor + they charge for OS.
>>
>>53649137
Its easy bro
>>
>>53648948
>You only need an i7 if you have something like the R9 390.

fucking retard. Stop giving people shit advice.
>>
>>53649178
It could be but the main things are ordering all the parts could be complicated if any problems arise and I am worried about messing something up.
>>
>>53649224
How is it shit advice? You only get CPU bottlenecked by something like an i5 if you're using a card like the 980Ti, are doing sli or crossfire, or are using a card with high CPU overhead like the 390.
>>
>>53649241
then you fuckin learn you retard.

at least if you're going to be underaged, dont be shit about it and be afraid to learn
>>
Maybe get this prebuilt:

>http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/desktops/hp-envy-phoenix-860-170vr-desktop-t6w66av-aba-1

it has at least a R9 390X with 8GiB VRAM.
>>
>>53648532
You should be warned, the iMac 5k only supports 3840x2160 in Windows through bootcamp.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.