[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, I heard you've been working hard to get that job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: googlelogo.jpg (170 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
googlelogo.jpg
170 KB, 1600x900
Hey /g/, I heard you've been working hard to get that job at Google you've dreamed about.

Let me give you an easy interview question. How many flights of stairs would it take to get to the Moon?

If you can answer this question I'm sure you're a shoo-in for that job ;)
>>
File: sensible_chuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sensible_chuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>53647645
>How many flights of stairs would it take to get to the Moon?

You wouldn't use stairs to get to the moon, dumbass.
>>
>>53647645
Why do moon shots when you can do moon climbs?
>>
>>53647645
>google botnet shill
kill you're self
>>
Stairs are irrelevant.
We should use an elevator instead.
>>
>>53647645
One.
>>
A flight of stairs is the number of steps it takes to get from one floor of a building to the next. But there is no standard height by which all buildings must have for one floor. In theory, a building tall enough to reach the moon so as to house a staircase could have just one continuous flight of stairs.

That is, of course, implying we had the materials to make it, and that the effects of gravity didn't rip it apart.
>>
>>53648206
Assuming you don't have to build in any stops, wouldn't you need two? One on each side of the middle Lagrange point?

If you just have one, you'd be walking upside down by the time you reached the moon.
>>
>>53648563
If you're taking the question this realistically then surely we'd have to compensate for the tremendous speeds the earth and moon are traveling with their orbits?
>>
>>53648648
There's just a ~10% difference between the max and min distance of the moon. If the steps stretch, they'd just go from 6.3 to 7 inches in two weeks. You wouldn't even notice if you walked them.
>>
>>53647645
Take the average height of any one step in staircases then convert your measurement to miles. Take the # of miles it is from here to the moon and divide that by the height of one step in a stair case in miles.

You don't even need to know how to code to answer that. If that's a Google question, it's fucking retarded and so are you.

Fuck you OP.
>>
>>53648736
OP re-baiting his own thread
>>
They just want to see your thought process not the actual answer

"OK so assume a flight of stairs is 8 ft, average height of a floor in a home. Assume the moon to be, let's say 20,000 miles away from the earth. Every mile is 5820 feet, 5820x20,000 then divide that number by 8"

Can I have the job now?
>>
They don't ask retarded questions like that.
>>
>>53648759
>being so retarded you don't recognize the right answer when it's spelled out for you.

/g/ just gets more and more retarded.
>>
>>53648823
you're right they ask even more retarded shit like how many cows are in canada
>>
>>53647645
simple:
= distance-to-moon [in m] / (diagonal of a stair flight [in m])
= 300,000,000m / ( sqrt{2}*5.5m )

(last part is the tangent-length, taking a floor height of about 4m)
>>
>>53648851
No they fucking don't. They ask questions relating to algorithms and data structures.
>>
>>53648867
Did you have to look up those words to sound smart on the internet?
>>
>>53648919
No I don't. Did you have to look up those words because they weren't taught in your 2 month long javascript bootcamp course?
>>
>>53648974
>implying I can code

Nice try fag.
>>
>>53647645
Zero.
They use an elevator to board the ship.
>>
>>53648563

You could just sort of slowly curve the stairs along the way. Still one flight of stairs.
>>
None, because you don't fucking build stairs for the moon, that has all kinds of usability problems. Do you intend to just lock 99.9% of humanity out of the stairs? Because very few people are going to want to go up those stairs. And unless those stairs happen to be very portable, you're getting MAYBE one chance to hop on the moon every year or so. And what if someone falls off that shit? It'd be a regulatory nightmare, my god
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.