[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sg/ startup general what made you anons join a startup? or why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
/sg/ startup general
what made you anons join a startup?
or why did you?
would you work for equity?
what has your experience been?
where do you find the right startup to work for, and would you ever work from home for a startup, maybe even if /g/ started its own startup?
What are your most important programming skills for the startup world you could offer?
ask your questions and post your answers here!!
>>
>>53645209
bump
>>
File: wojak.jpg (35 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
35 KB, 535x577
Startup threads legitimately trigger me, because over the past 2 years I've seen some of my old ideas being successfully materialized by others. This is the worst feel.

I did manage to escape depression, and I'm currently gathering money to fund the most basic demonstration phase of my (soon to be) startup, but I still have a long way to go and time is running out.

Even worse, I've reached 23 and I feel that I'm already past my creative phase, and I'm running out of novel business ideas.
>>
>>53646207
post yfw and your new idea gets materialized once again by someone else before you're able to
>>
>>53646207
startup isn't the end, it's the means you autist
>>
>>53646207
Bro, you need to focus more on the technology than the meta of being an entrepreneur.

Never stop thinking. Your mind will reflect what you put into it. Consume good information from those who you want to model your life after, and you WILL be rewarded.

It's never too late to change the world. You can start working towards the future you desire now, or sit around and mope about how "fate" is preventing you from getting there or some shit. Unless you have a disability, you are your only limitation in this life.

Without people with their eyes set on the stars, no leaps would be made for the betterment of this experience you and I know as life.

Keep thinking big, and work as hard as you can. You will make it if you can conquer your mood issues.
>>
>>53646394
cont.

Consider it a validation. Your ideas were good enough to come into this world, and change it for the better.

Please, stop worrying about being "rich" or "successful." Your heart is in the wrong place, and you should get out of entrepreneurship if that is your motive.

Work for the betterment of mankind, as hard as you can, and you will be fucking rewarded -- in more than ways relating to money.
>>
>>53646394
>>53646438
t. stupid teenager that's still in highschool.
This guy is right right to be upset, your mind starts degrading after 25 at most. Learning new things gets a lot harder.
>>
>>53646394
>>53646438
>This is the kind of pie in the sky horse shit some people actually believe.
>>
>>53646592
Why would I want to take advice from someone who thinks 25 is their apex?

Keep projecting, kiddo.

>>53646593
>you failed, so everyone else is destined to fail
Sorry! Try therapy.
>>
>>53646207
Sadly I am of the other kind, le idea man. I pop out amazing ideas with little to no execution, although I can never find the right programmer partner who could actually deliver some of these ideas.. I hate to think of myself as a Steve Jobs because I am not even close, but I do need to find a Woz to my bring one of my ideas to life atleast.. I am just lost where to look because I interviewed a lot of programmers who aren't capable of doing much, not all developers are built the same..
>>
>>53646750
Work on getting some capital. You're going to have to pay your team. Nobody is going to work for you for free.
>>
>>53646784
Turned down two investments because Seed investments take 40-50% with no products, just looking for someone who could build a 'simple' website haha.
>>
>>53646822
You could always teach yourself.
>>
My last experience was short. 4 months. It was a wordpress website business. I bolted myself out of the startup building faster than a nigger leaving before his child was born. They had a outdated WordPress website that was running a payment module on an unencrypted connection. I realized i didn't want to ruin my career or become a liability, so I went to the safe haven of fortune 500.
>>
>>53646873
I am anon, just bought a couple books and starting with html5, css, and js. Maybe I can find a mentor or something to help me with this.
>>
I had an internship at a startup because I was too late in applying for the usual big companies. I got tired of the Kool-Aid. I'd rather work at a big company for less hours and better pay, even if I likely won't make an impact in the big picture.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.