[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on this? The 9.7 one really makes me consider buying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: untitled.jpg (131 KB, 1341x585) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
131 KB, 1341x585
Opinions on this?

The 9.7 one really makes me consider buying now. It seems portable enough compared to older 12 inch model.

Not really interested in the stylus because I dont draw or anything but it seems like a really future-proof tablet since it has powerful internals.
>>
I like the fact that the Air 2 got cheaper when this was announced.
>>
>>53644751
For what purpose do you need the pro? Of either size? I wont fight you here on android vs apple tablets, but if you need a tablet for stuff like browsing in bed etc, why not get like the ipad air?

Im definitely not an apple fan or expert so I dont know of any pitfalls of say the air vs pro for basic usage.

Im more than happy with my $110 ASUS android tablet.
>>
>>53644788
>why not get like the ipad air?
Like I said, the Pro has more powerful internals, seems more future proof.

I already have a notebook but its not portable enough for me. I have to take it to a lot of places (university/work/etc) and carry around all day with me sometimes because I have no other option. That's mainly why I want a tablet... and of course some comfy shitposting occasionally.
>>
>>53644857
> seems more future proof
Planned obsolescence will kick in a bit later than it usually does, that is true, but any shitty 150 dollar Windows tablet is better - same or similar apps, similar or better performance, plus it can run almost any desktop apps and isn't jailed to a single app store.
>>
>>53644857
there is no future proof with iOS

I can't even run a simple sheet music/metronome app even though it requires practically no resources because my iOS version is obsolete
>>
>>53645029
>similar or better performance
Well, if you're serious please show me one. Will it be so unknown Chinese brand?

>>53645062
I doubt the iPad Pro will stop receiving iOS updates in less than 10 years
>>
>>53645114
I got the first ipad when it was released in 2010 and it became practically obsolete in 3 years because the latest OS it supported came out in late 2012
>>
>>53645235
Ipad 1 had shit hardware though
>>
>>53645114

>I doubt the iPad Pro will stop receiving iOS updates in less than 10 years

Wow, did you discover Apple yesterday?

It'll be unusable in under 5 years. No apple product other than their computers still work after 10 years. No such thing as future proofing iDevices.
>>
>>53645313
It didn't matter what the hardware was because the apps I can't even download required practically no resources.
>>
>>53645114
> Will it be so unknown Chinese brand?
https://ebay.com/itm/New-Lenovo-IdeaTab-Miix-2-8-inch-32GB-Windows-Tablet-with-Free-Microsoft-Office-/281873728039
A year and a half ago I got this one for ~140$. Too bad it's a lot more expensive now for some reason. The only thing it cannot do is play 60FPS videos with madVR, but iPads don't even support madVR. Also
> 2010+6
> iOS still can't into .cue sheets
>>
>>53645339
Not really, they only stop supporting products that cant handle the new OS.

iOS is a light system and the newest iOS from 2016 still runs well on my 2012 iphone 5. Cant see how the iPad pro, which has a desktop grade A9X wouldn't be compatible with iOS a decade from now.
>>
>>53645554

>I doubt the iPad Pro will stop receiving iOS updates in less than 10 years
>they only stop supporting products that cant handle the new OS

Well, which is it? The current iPad Pro will not be supporting anything after 6 years, it just won't do it. Look, I'm a big macfag but please don't give substance to their bullshit marketing terms. It's by no means a 'desktop class' CPU when it isn't even on par with ULV CPUs from Intel.

I know iOS is lightweight but that doesn't mean that the Pro can handle 10 years of updates. It'll still run in 10 years though and more if you don't update it and still somehow use your current apps. I have no idea why you'd still be holding onto a mobile device for over 5 years though.
>>
>>53646417
>I'm a big macfag
sure you are pranjeev
>>
>>53644751
still too big , i'll wait for the mini

but definitely a huge improvement over that absolutely ridiculous monstrosity
>>
>>53645062
you cant sideload the older version with ifunbox?
>>
>>53646417
>I know iOS is lightweight but that doesn't mean that the Pro can handle 10 years of update

That's exactly what it means
>>
>>53645554
>iOS is a light system
Which is why they cut shit out of it to shoehorn it onto older phones that need animations disabled to run "smoothly".
>>
>>53646779
you mean like that shit phone from 2011 that runs the same os as an iPhone 6s that has the best SoC of any other smartphone? I guess ...
>>
Definitely the best mobile OS tablet
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.