[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 64 seconds to prove why this is not the best operating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: my ass.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
my ass.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
You have 64 seconds to prove why this is not the best operating system in history.
>>
Because it isn't gentoo
>>
>>53644250
The system for managing file permissions is a complete cluster-fuck.
>>
>>53644275
That is actually the only thing that windows did better than linux initially
>>
>>53644257
/thread
Also,fuck Gentoo,Debian master race.
>>
>>53644321
I actually use Debian too, but gentoo is the meme here
>>
File: win.png (351 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
win.png
351 KB, 1440x900
But I am.
>>
>>53644250
Why is it the best operating system?
>>
>>53644374
Where did you get this?
>>
>>53644374
>10
>being the best
get out and never ever browse 4chan again.

>>>/reddit/,>>>/9gag/,>>>/knowyourmeme/ is where you and all your faggots belong.
>>
>>53644309
I don't know how shitty it is in Linux, but in Windows 7 it's a nightmare of managing permissions when you're migrating files from one Windows 7 installation to another. You can of course go through and set all permissions to "everyone" but that defeats the whole purpose.
>>
>>53644257
Fuck Gentoo! Fuck emerge! LFS is life.
>>
>>53644408
You literally can't prove that Windows 10 isn't the best version of Windows yet.
>>
>>53644477
windows 10 is logging all of my /g/ shitposts
windows 7 doesn't do this

do the math
>>
>>53644457
>You can of course go through and set all permissions to "everyone" but that defeats the whole purpose.
Which would be the most logic thing to do. Why would someone stay a fuckton of time and manage permissions under Windows,I can't understand,and I actually use Linux in a dualboot config.

>>53644477
>telemetry
>botnet
Which is why I ain't touchin' and never touched updates since XP,all the way up to 7 SP1. No M$ and N$A,you ain't gettin' any of my files.
>>
No Hyper-V
Dinosaur version of Powershell
Can only run as a generation 1 vm
shit's old
>>
that ain't dos tho
>>
>>53644506
>Doesn't install security updates

MS doesn't have your data but I'm sure the Ukranian mob does.
>>
>>53644540
>but I'm sure the Ukranian mob does.

>implying I don't use AVG

ukraine pls
>>
>>53644580
Impying an antivirus can protect you from kernel exploits
>>
>>53644657
>Impying an antivirus can protect you from kernel exploits

>implying I'm not using a Z80 CPU to run Windows 7
>>
>>53644469
>Fuck emerge

I kek'd
>>
Because Windows 7 Enterprise is superior
>>
>>53644250
You cant click and drag files to reorganize your folders.
>>
>>53644250
https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-26/product_id-17153/hasexp-1/Microsoft-Windows-7.html

D~Did I win, senpai?
>>
>>53644250
bogged down piece of consumer trash

>lovecraftian horror that is the registry
>can't change any component, only theme shit
>shit installer that's never updated
>slow update system that requires you to restart for minor ass things that breaks like nothing else
>terrible audio stack that can't do async or realtime without third party tools
>terrible approach to software distribution (run this binary installer from cnet, goy)
>half of the 20gb used up by installation is for legacy shit
>ugly disgusting shitty overly complex hacks for everything (sysprep?? let me write my own fucking install script)
>can only be configured through a nested hell of GUI sub-sub-sub-sub-menus that hog focus
>shitty outdated filesystems (only two, yes TWO are supported)
>no native support for features that are already support on *nix through proper design (disk image mounting, case insensitive filenames, etc)
>swiss cheese security-wise, rendered even worse by the shitty update system that's so obnoxious people would rather go unpatched

some of this is fixed in 8 and 10 but they also introduce problems of their own so, not much better

>inb4 it works so it's the best
baby duck syndrome bullshit.
>>
>>53644374
BAHAHAHAHAHA
Can I hire you for a party I'm throwing? You are hysterical.
>>
Because it's slow and sluggish as fuck.
>>
>>53644506
If you do that and if you want to actually have a set of permissions for your files you will have to go back and manually set all the previous permissions for those files. It would be a ridiculous and probably unfeasible timesink.

There may be a way to roll them back en masse, but I don't know how to do it.
>>
>>53646172
Not unless you use the usual "Take Ownership" registry hack Vishal Gupta did. I have that one and it's doing wonders,when needed.
>>
>>53644250
I'm going to be buying windows 10 instead. There is really no reason not to.
>>
>>53645083
Name one reason why windows 10 is bad except you cant afford it.
>>
>>53644497
>doesn't know what telemetry data is
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.