[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: pleb.jpg (12 KB, 324x324) Image search: [Google]
pleb.jpg
12 KB, 324x324
This thread was created to prevent anons from spamming new threads, for technology questions they have.
If you are that person, post your simple/small/stupid questions here

Don't bump. This is a slow board, and will continue to be. Wait for an answer or google it.

If you see other anons posting questions outside this thread, ignore or redirect them here
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread
>>
>>53634330
how do u reinstall windows 10 wanna get rid of manufacture bloatware

http://www.balticdata.lv/Gfx/ProductFiles/P3050-Acer_Aspire_E5-571_887899646638_instrukcija.pdf
>>
Chrome keeps crashing my graphics card and I'm trying to put off getting a new one as long as possible. I want to see if Chromium changes it at all, but I'm too stupid to learn how to use Chromium.

I downloaded it and ran the .exe in the folder, but when I try to log in to Google to import my bookmarks and extensions it says it can't log me in. Is there a reason for this?
>>
why do people buy network switches?
>>
Can you still make money from the Internet or is it too late?
>>
>>53634348
ill pay someone through paypal
>>
>>53634388

Just develop meme apps or meme indie games.
>>
>>53634388
Depends on what you deem morally acceptable.
You can make a fart app for Android and fill it to the brim with malicious software that collects every bit of information on the phone, and sell it to advertisers.
>>
>>53634382
to network many devices
>>
i wanna make a seedbox using raspberry pi 2, what hdd should i buy?
>>
I was looking for a camgirl and found a bunch sites that are exactly the same except the domain name and the videos are all different. What is going on here and should I get a pre-paid Visa card to deal with the Rapidgator bullshit on there, if the links even work?
>>
File: spaghetti cat.jpg (64 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
spaghetti cat.jpg
64 KB, 437x437
>>53634330
Is this a decent gaming PC for the price?

http://pc.ncix.com/ncixpc_new/ncixpc.cfm?uuid=AC57E5E8-1948-4D5D-A8BF210813ACCB64-6823282
>>
File: 1458588443031.jpg (19 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1458588443031.jpg
19 KB, 320x320
For the dormfags at UW: How much theft goes on? Will my technology be safe sitting in my dorm?
>>
can i install a WM with KDE like openbox on a distro like fedora? or i just need to install other distro?
>>
>building a HTPC
>exactly one socket 1151 mini-itx motherboard supports HDMI 2.0
>it's a fucking ASRock
>HDMI 2.0 technically supported by all motherboards implementing Alpine Ridge
>ASUS decided not to put a fucking HDMI 2.0 connector on their boards even though they're using Alpine Ridge on e.g. the Maximus VIII Impact
Question: why can't anything ever be easy?
>>
>>53634393
Do you have an email?
>>
>>53634411
How would we go about doing this? Any anons interested in starting an organization
>>
>>53634527
[email protected]
>>
>>53634561
also one note wont have internet while installing the os
>>
File: 1448711344422.jpg (52 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
1448711344422.jpg
52 KB, 396x594
I want to stream my music from my PC to my phone.
How would I go about doing that?
I know about mpd, but I've also heard that it doesn't detect music without tags. If that's true, it's kinda useless since some of my music has no tags and I'm too lazy to go tag them.
Would like to use dynamicDNS for that in a way so I set up the hostname, or whatever is needed, on my router which has DD-WRT and supports it. There are sites that offer it for free, right? Any overall recommendations?

Also what kinda app would I need to use on my phone?
>>
I was wanting to upgrade either my processor or video card so I can play gayme better and I wasn't sure which I should go for.

>Processor is a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU
>Video card is a AMD Radeon R5 200 Series

I know the video card is kinda shitty, but I wasn't too concerned when I first bought it
>>
>>53634633
Replace the GPU.
>>
>>53634644
What would you suggest? I've got around $150 to spend
>>
>>53634633
Not the anon who responded but your i5 is totally fine man, if I were you I'd go to jet and take advantage of their promo right now and get a 4gb sapphire 380
>>
>>53634718
That looks sexy as fuck. Thanks anon
>>
What android music player can I control playback speed on?
>>
Thermaltake Chaser A31 or NZXT S340 ? Why?
>>
GUYS I'M GOING TO BUY A USED LAPTOP I NEED TO KNOW IF IT'S A GOOD PRICE

>Intel Core i7 4700MQ 2.4GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz)
>Display: 15.6" 1920x1080
>Graphics: Dual NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M SLI
>Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
>Storage: 240GB M.2 SSD + 1TB 7200RPM HDD
>Ultrabay
>Wireless: 802.11ac WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0
>Backlit Keyboard
>2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0
>Windows 8.1

DUDE IS ASKING 500 OBO. YOU THINK THIS IS A GOOD PRICE? I'LL TRY TO GO LOWER MAYBE I CAN GO 475? IDK

PLEASE HELP
>>
So if I wanted to join the SSD meme where should I start?
>>
>>53634473
all distros are the same: gnu/linux + preconfigured packages. You are free to do whatever you want, that's the point of free software. Now, will you break something? maybe. Just get to it. Learn. Grow.
>>
>>53635033
what's the catch?
>>
>>53635062
ITS USED
>>
>>53635044
Crucial BX, affordable and trustworthy. You won't get fancy features like encryption tho.
>>
>>53635068
even so, there's something wrong there, before money changes hands make sure and fire that baby up and make sure everything runs ok, and there's not screen issues or broken fans or whatever
>>
>>53635033
Does anyone know why this code works
MsgBox ("Hello World" & vbNewLine & "Line 2"), +vbSystemModal ,"Monday Tasks"

but this one returns Invalid procedure call or argument: Msgbox
MsgBox ("Hello World" & vbNewLine & "Line 2"),48 , +vbSystemModal ,"Monday Tasks"

I can either use ,48 to give the msg box a warning symbol or +vbSystemModal to force focus on the msg box but not both

Scripting in notepad if that makes a difference, its all I have access to at work
>>
>>53635085
the dude has 100% ebay feedback. buy it would be paying via paypal so he avoids ebay fees which is why he can do it cheaper (its on a reputable site)

the price isnt really too significantly less than other used ones
>>
Hello please, I recently bought a usb 3 stick device but my computer pc only has usb 2 ports, I am looking for a cheap adapter to connect my usb 3 stick device to usb 2 port, any suggestions please?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-22-21-35-18.png (370 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-22-21-35-18.png
370 KB, 1440x2560
USPS tracking says my thinkpad left the destination facility after 9pm, but it seems a little late for packages to still be delivered.
Should I stay home to receive the package or is it not coming tonight? I sort of have plans..
I wasn't even expecting it today
>>
What are the cons on using manjaro? I wanna try it, I've been using ubuntu derivates for a while and I'm curios about this OS, I used Antergos for while, is it very different?
>>
>>53635128
okay,this is REALLY the definition of a stupid question lel
>>
If I'm using a Stylish theme that applies to all websites (for example the Solarized Dark Everywhere style) is there a way I can make a few whitelisted websites ignore the theme?
>>
>>53635134
not much difference other than manjaro not using the arch repos but having their own, where they delay updates for further testing
>>
>>53635076
http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-BX100-120GB-Internal-Solid/dp/B00RQA6LQY

Is this a decent starting one? I don't have too much to spend so I don't want to go for a bigger one for now
>>
>>53635154
It's perfect. However, you should go for the 250gb model if you plan to dual boot.
>>
>>53635174
If I just mitigate my OS and move some games over will I still need to get a 250gb one?
>>
So every pair of headphone I buy the left ear speaker always goes out after a few months maybe the right one sometimes. I'm not rough at all with them they just sit in my room. I just want something that will last more than like 3 fucking months does anyone have the same problem?? Any good headphones to try out? Thanks
>>
>>53635212
probably not.
>>
File: kiki_anim_by_kr0npr1nz-d7l1d32.gif (1 MB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
kiki_anim_by_kr0npr1nz-d7l1d32.gif
1 MB, 600x600
How do you make webms?
>>
>>53635236
Alright, thanks senpai
>>
I have 3 HDD's that I bought about s year ago and they mostly contain anime and movies. They're unplugged most of the time. The only time i plug them in is when i want to copy something onto my pc to watch. Just how long will they last if i keep using them like this?
>>
>>53635253
ffmpeg
>>
>>53635253
An online converter would probably be the easiest way
>>
>>53635275
about tree fiddy
>>
>>53635129
Come on guys, do I just go?
>>
>>53635275
Manufacturer?
>>
>>53635310
Western digital
>>
how to cut out the middle of a song and keep the rest with ffmpeg, as a reverse -ss -t
>>
>>53634330
Is there a program that allows me to open my start menu somewhere else? Like centre of the screen, or something like that? I hate it being bound to a corner on my main monitor.
>>
File: 2016-03-22_22-06-34.png (12 KB, 354x359) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-22_22-06-34.png
12 KB, 354x359
Guys I keep getting home and my computer is asleep and won't wake up. I've been around when the monitors go off and I can wake it up like normal but whenever I come home from work I have to use the reset button to use my computer.

I've set my computer to never fall asleep. I have plex and stuff running. It even happened when I left my computer alone to encode some video.

What can I do to figure out why this is happening? Running Windows 10, ran SFC and DISM. Even tried a repair install and it's still happening.

Running Windows 10 by the way.
>>
How does the internet run?
i mean a semi-dumbed down version is nice for an answer.

like i know ISPs sell to use their service, and you get yozr bandwith from them, but am i far away from the truth in thinking some servers connected with cables are the infrastructure and ISPs are just "hubs"?

too lazy to google for either a normalfag description or a " here's your dictionary for this hyperdetailed article" shit.
>>
I have a tiny ass monitor that doesn't support a lot of resolutions and this game I'm playing has a minimum resolution higher than the monitor's maximum, and it crashed during the launch. I also built a new system and the i5-6500 processor I have is brand new. How do I rule out a defective integrated graphics chip?
>>
>>53635514
There.
>>
Is there a test I can run to see if one of my parts is dying?
>>
Alright, I know I'm a complete idiot for not being able to do this correctly, but I'm having trouble doing a live USB of OpenSUSE on Mac OS X

I'm on a Macbook Pro, '15, and I've downloaded the openSUSE iso. I'm trying to format the SD card (I tried using a USB but it doesn't work either), and after waiting for a while after doing the "sudo dd if=/pathtoiso.iso of=/dev/rdisk1 bs=4k" command on terminal, I get an error with the prompt saying "The disk you inserted was not readable"

So is it because the openSUSE not a dmg file? I've converted the iso to dmg and am currently running the above command on terminal (I'll update if anything else happens), but I'd like to know if it's something else... Thanks in advance!
>>
>>53635650
Depends on the part
>>
What are the best alternatives for email to, say, Gmail?

Things short of setting up my own email server, I mean.
>>
>>53635735
Just tried the dmg thing, same error occurs
>>
>>53635118
No one?
>>
>>53635756
Random driver crashes for my GPU and in general games just getting shit error despite multiple reinstalls and game cache verification.
>>
>>53635336
WD is good.

>>53635275
Why exactly are you worried? Even with having them on with your PC they can last you a decade easy. I just replaced an HDD that I've been using for about 8 years. Not because of any defects but because it was the OS drive and I replaced it with an SSD.

Anyway, as long as you keep at least 15-20% free space you'll be fine. Every model/manufacturer has their own benchmark on assessing durability promised by the manufacturer, which are almost always underwritten. For example some models of Intel's SSDs are promised to run for 5 years having 20GB of data written to them every day i.e. manufacturer/model specific and they have different jargon too e.g. for the Samsung EVO 850 it promises approx. 2million MTBF but the warranty covers 150TBW (although it goes up to 600-700, and 2PT+ for the pro.)

Needless to say an HDD will last you a long long time. Be sure to check the SMART values occasionally with something like crystaldiskinfo every month or so and go through it with mhdd if you find anything worth inspecting.
>>
>>53635758
protonmail
>>
>>53635336
My bet would be around 15 years.
>>
>>53635807
Stress test your GPU, but it sounds like it is beginning to fail
>>
File: table.png (5 KB, 576x236) Image search: [Google]
table.png
5 KB, 576x236
I don't want to have to resort to this, but I'm using 4chan as a last result because I can't figure it out.

The cells labeled with "THIS BOX" are double-bordered. How do I make the cells double-bordered?
>>
>>53635882
It's under 30 days old.
>>
File: question.jpg (67 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
67 KB, 1024x768
>>53634330
Is there a place I can quickly upload userscripts to that doesn't require registration?
>>
>>53636069
I just bought an i5 and I suspect the iGPU is defective (>>53635546) because it produces BSODs during certain games (for now.) Shit happens m8.
>>
>>53636069
Could be a faulty batch, could be you just got unlucky
If its only 30 days old, I'd exchange it and if your system is still fucking up, well at least you've narrowed down the cause
>>
Hey guys, what's a good capture card for psx, ps2 and N64?

thanks
>>
>>53635609
thanks man
>>
>>53636014
somebody wanna answer this one plz?
>>
>>53636190
It's weird as fuck because it's drivers crash like 3 times a day despite being up to date.
>>
Can you make a greasmonkey script execute even if the page fails to load?
>>
Why is Spain so gay?
>>
What's the best way to go about running 2 instances of windows in vms?
I want to split my computer in half, so me and a friend can play games or work on different things at the same time
I've got a 8350 and a 295x2, so that should split nicely, i just don't know where to start, any pointers?
>>
>>53636248
You want to go fuck yourself? Read the sticky
>do not bump
You're not entitled to an answer, just wait or Google more
>>
I want a laptop bag that'll fit a Thinkpad x220t, and can replace a binder (really I just want some little divided sections in the bag that can store paper).
What one would you recommend /g/?
>>
File: PPO-Black-Available-Too-V3.jpg (18 KB, 1020x640) Image search: [Google]
PPO-Black-Available-Too-V3.jpg
18 KB, 1020x640
Does anyone know of an alternative portable power outlet that has an AC port that is cheaper than this? https://chargetech.com/product/portable-power-outlet/
>>
File: tmp_637-14037405951441876391.jpg (432 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
tmp_637-14037405951441876391.jpg
432 KB, 1200x800
Has anyone gotten a cracked Spotify apk to work with Android auto?
I've tried cracked versions of 4.8.x, 4.9.x, and 5.x but none of them appear in my Android auto menu. But if I install the legit version of 4.8.x, it just werks.
Possible reasons I can think of are maybe the crack fucks with some app signature that needs to be verified to run on Android auto. Or maybe it's because all of the cracked apks I used used beta Spotify builds which might have Android auto disabled? I plan on trying out a non cracked beta build tomorrow.

Also, is there an official forum for cracking the Spotify app? It uses to be discussed on XDA but suddenly it's illegal. I'm pretty sure all the cracks just change the DPI setting to manually force tablet mode but I can't find a forum that actually discusses it
>>
Alright, I got my TV tuner all set up, drivers installed off of the disk, and NextPVR detects the tuner
I have the cable plugged in the back, but when I scan for channels nothing turns up
this could be a few things, the cable could be bad, and the jack in my dorm also might be bad.
I tried to troubleshoot the cable/jack by connecting to my roommates TV, but apparently he doesn't know if his TV's connector is bad, and of course the TV didn't pick anything up
Is there anything else I can try with the software to troubleshoot? Or do I have to move my computer and try the cable and all that somewhere else?
>>
Can someone give me some input? Trying to lower build price.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/z4yBsY
>>
>>53635453
Did you make sure your advanced power settings aren't set to suspend the hard disks too?
>>
>>53636387
One physical machine?
>>
>>53636658
yes, one physical machine, 2 instances of windows. Ideally it would split into 2 4 core machines each with a 290x.
>inb4 bottlenecking
yeah, I know, this isn't trying to break any records and I'm not upgrading until zen and kaby are out
>>
is it normal for a 4770k oc'd to 4.5ghz with a 212 evo to jump in temperature instantly when under load.

it goes from 35°c-ish idle, to 80°c a second after starting a video encode, then drops back to idle temps almost instantly after it finishes.

I've always known cpu's to gradually heat up under load, not bounce around like there's no cooler attached. and yes, i have reseated the cpu and cooler, reapplied thermal paste and dropped my oc to 4.0ghz with no change.
>>
>>53636718
might be an error in temp reporting, have you tried different programs?
>>
Is it worth it to keep DTS-MA audio tracks or is DTS fine?
>>
>>53636773
just speccy, but the cpu fans speed up accordingly, so it's detected in bios, too.
>>
>>53636850
do you have a 24-bit receiver and lots of harddrive space?
if so, yes.
>>
>>53636718
Core temps will change very quickly, but there is also a separate sensor in the center of the die IIRC which will change slower.
>>
>>53636718
nah that's normal, recent Intel processors have quite a high heat density so temperatures tend to jump up very quickly.
>>
>>53636898
this may be an error in reporting with your bios, I might try rolling back and see if the issue is still there
>>
>>53636715
i dont think a vm is the right solution in your case

google multiseat
or install gentoo
>>
>>53636971
any source on this?
i'd like to put my mind to rest rather than just take an anons word.
>>
>>53637058
same heat output on smaller dies leads to a higher heat density, I've also experienced the same thing on all the processors I've benched (ivy bridge and newer). I'll try and find a decent source, i remember reading up on it somewhere
>>
>>53637043
will do, thanks anon
>>
i like pieeeee
>>
>>53637058
half five in the morning so my googling ability is shite

http://www.glsvlsi.org/archive/glsvlsi10/pant-GLSVLSI-talk.pdf

http://research.ac.upc.edu/HPCseminar/SEM9900/Pollack1.pdf

http://www.nanowerk.com/spotlight/spotid=1762.php

nothing in depth unfortunately and a little outdated but should give an idea of what i'm talking about
>>
I'm on a modified dell t1650 (500W EA-500 Bronze, GTX 960, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, 1 TB HDD + 2 SSDs).
After shutting down my computer, I tried to turn on my computer only to find the amber LED blinking in the power button. It is a series of two beeps, a pause, and another two beeps. According to the owner's manual, this means "system board failure, PSU or PSU cabling failure". I did the paperclip test on my PSU, and it's working just fine. Do I need to buy a new motherboard? The ethernet cable LED is working, I'm not sure if that's an indicator or not.
>>
I've been looking at alternative file explorers for windows such as explorer++. Is windows file explorer fine or should i use an alternative?
>>
So, I had a Windows 7 install on my hd1 and a Windows 10 install on my hd2. I wanted to install Linux over the 7 install, so I just went to gparted and deleted all data on hd1 and created the partitions.

Now the following message on the screen:
"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

I think I probably messed up the W10 bootloader. I tried to repair with the Windows repair DVD and it didn't work. I feel like an idiot. Can someone help me please?
>>
Has anyone had an ssd die on them before?
Have you ever been able to recover data from it?
Do you still have it laying around somewhere?
If it's been sitting around for a month or more, can you check to see if it works now?
I've read online that they're "touchy" sometimes and can start working again if you leave it alone for a while.

I've also discovered, through this experience and from reading online, that SSDs die without any warning whatsoever. BAM. GONE.

I cleared a USB for a friend to use, which had important documents I was working on with years of data, put all that data on my desktop, and now they're trapped in a dead SSD I was using for my boot disk.

pls help

also, if I formatted, say, a 5gb partition on my ssd, when the main partition dies, would I be able to use the 5gb partition? Or does everything no-longer work?
>>
What size SSD should I buy for my boot/application drive, 250GB or 500GB? I don't play too many games.
>>
File: POLTERMAXSCENE.jpg (113 KB, 550x496) Image search: [Google]
POLTERMAXSCENE.jpg
113 KB, 550x496
>>53637564
Yes...
No.
No.
You can try, but it probably won't.

This is why you back EVERYTHING important up in more than one place.

When a drive goes, all partions on the drive are also lost. Again, back everything up more than once. Flash drives are basically SSDs, so use a regular hard drive for backups as those can actually be recovered from sometimes.

Pic semi-related: u-u-u-ndead d-d-d-ataaaa....
>>
>>53637342

install your linux distro and add a w10 entry pointing to your hd2, to the bootloader config file, like /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg
LABEL w
MENU LABEL Windows
COM32 chain.c32
APPEND hd0 2

windows will either boot or warn and repair itself or you would have to use a windows cd to use it's command prompt in repair mode to do a couple of simple commands found online (this last bit is from my windows 7 memory)
>>
>>53637584
250 will get you by, 500 will take longer until the slowdown due to the drive being more full starts
>>
>>53637584
250 should be plenty
>>
>>53637607
>This is why you back EVERYTHING important up in more than one place.
man, this was the absolute unluckiest scenario. Granted, I should have backed up the flashdrive, but I literally just put it on my desktop for a day, and the next morning windows wouldn't load. It's really only one document (spreadsheet) that's important, but fate has a vendetta against me apparently.

Think I might be able to bake it?
>>
>>53637342
Change the boot device in bios.
>>
>>53637653
Already did, when I try to boot my hd2, grub enters in rescue mode.

>>53637620
Thanks. I installed Antergos, I will try to do what you suggested me.
>>
>>53637649
Cold works better than heat especially if you can run it while keeping it cold, but past that good luck. Dead SSDs are really, really hard to revive if they ever revive at all.
>>
File: Ethereum.png (31 KB, 977x509) Image search: [Google]
Ethereum.png
31 KB, 977x509
I'm following instructions on how to set up your PC for mining cryptocurrencies. Couldn't hurt to try, right? I was told to let the blockchain load in until it was completely finished, so I've been letting the blocklist keep updating for over a day now.
Every 30 seconds it keeps saying it imported 1 block, but it hasn't stopped. Should I just be patient and wait for something to pop up saying it's complete? Or is it already finished and it's just repeating a futile task?
>>
How do I subtract one array's elements from another array's elements JavaScript? Pseudocode:

a = word1,word2,word3,word4
b = word1,word2,word3

a - b = word4
>>
>>53637870
*in JavaScript, also each "word#" is a sting.
>>
>>53637749
I'm thinking I can use a disk recovery program to possibly restore the file I moved off of my USB.

There's quite a few google results, any recommendations?
>>
>>53637814
>>>/biz/
>>
What's all the hoopla for Arch Linux if you can install other window managers than unity on Ubuntu like i3.
>>
>>53635215
Do you make your own audio, or frequent a particular amateur musician or something like that? I made a song but it's not mixed properly and I'm pretty sure it's responsible for blowing out the left channel in 2 pairs of earbuds.
>>
File: 1453967606770.jpg (89 KB, 820x811) Image search: [Google]
1453967606770.jpg
89 KB, 820x811
>>53637937
>>
nexus 6p is stuck on january security update. just got my phone a week ago. will i eventually get the feb/march updates automatically if i wait a few days
>>
>>53637814
>ethereum

you got trolled
>>
File: sandman_death.jpg (516 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
sandman_death.jpg
516 KB, 2560x1600
I installed kubuntu and it's working just fine but every once in a while my mouse cursor jumps around like it's having a seizure while I'm doing my everyday stuff.
Anyway to fix this?
I have a cheap laptop with an external optical mouse.
Already tried disabling the trackpad and turning down my mouse sensitivity, neither worked.
>>
I downloaded linux mint 17 rosa and installed awesome because I'm weeabo trash but how do I edit the rc.lua file. I installed some themes but I don't understand how to get them to work with beautiful
>>
I have 4 ram slots total, with a kit of 2x2gb. Can fill the 2 empty slots with 2x4gb of another brand?
>>
Why foes it seem that the process for developing android ROMs is so full of bugs along the way? is it because hardware is so widely varied?
>>
>>53638036
Yes you can.
Make sure the frequency of new ram is same as old ram that you have,brand does not matter.

You have ddr3 ram i suppose?
Can you tell what mobo you have?
>>
>>53638036
Yeah. There's usually 2 pairs of slots, and you want the left, say, of each pair to have the same size. That is, it should be like
(4, 2) (4, 2)

There's something about access channels and striping or something, but I don't wanna sound like an idiot.
>>
>>53634348
You can put Windows 10 on a USB. Get another and install Linux Mint. Then install windows 10 again. Linux users a totally different file system and will wipe the old windows install completely.
>>
>>53634373
You might need up reinstall your graphics card drivers. That really should not be happening unless it's like ten years old.
>>
>>53634382
Network switches direct traffic by an address that is physically imprinted on your network card. IP addresses change and can be spoofed while MAC addresses are much more secure. A MAC address is like a fingerprint while an IP address is like a name. Names change and identities can be stolen while fingerprints really can't be.
>>
>>53638077
You're correct, ddr3

and this is the mobo ASUS M4A87TD EVO
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131647
>>
>>53634413
This doesn't matter a whole bunch. Look up benchmarks and failure rates of different HDDs. I remember reading that Seagate was having a rough year for failing hard drives. Otherwise, I can't imagine it would make a very noticeable difference.
>>
>>53638139
MAC can too be spoofed
>>
>>53636371
Spain's dad, Franco, was really conservative and domineering. Once he died, Spain decided it was safe to start experimenting. It's probably just a phase.
>>
>>53637963
give webm

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Capture/Desktop

ffmpeg -i input.file -c:v libvpx -crf 10 -b:v 512k -an -threads 2 output.webm
>>
>>53638159
Granted, and fingerprints CAN be stolen as well, but switches offer more protection, not total protection.
>>
>>53638139
>A MAC address is like a fingerprint
A fingerprint that you can change at will.
>>
>>53638174
Good for you.

I understand mac spoofing,like one changes an actual parameter on the nic on a system.
But I don't understand how ip spoofing works,like the device doesn't even control what ip is assigned to it,then how can ip spoofing happen?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160323-182338.png (139 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160323-182338.png
139 KB, 1080x1920
How do I make torrent go faster
>>
>>53637970
to install themes just place the folder in the hidden themes folder in your home directory

~/.themes

you can press ctrl+h to view hidden folders and create one if the .themes folder isint there

then go to the themes menu and choose it from there
>>
>>53638211
You can set a static IP of your choosing. This is often done in enterprise environments like for servers whose name has to stay the same.

You can theoretically spoof a Mac address as well but a Mac address is never communicated over the Internet, only over local area networks. An IP address asks which computer to go to and can be lied to, whereas a MAC address asks which port on a switch to go to and cannot be lied to nearly as easily.
>>
>>53638247
Rub it with cheetah blood
Or wait for more seeders and fewer leechers
>>
>>53638190
The fact that you can download a spoofing app means exactly nothing. Your computer can ASK to be treated as though it had another MAC address but the MAC address is physically imprinted on the NIC.
>>
>>53638251
Spoofing your MAC is objectively easier than spoofing your IP, and having it work. The IP delegation is controlled by the DHCP server, and if you just hop onto a network and tell it "Hey, look, 10.0.0.158 isn't actually him, it's me", the server will likely tell you to fuck off, if the router hasn't already because you disagree with its ARP table.
>>
>>53638309
That's irrelevant. I don't send my physical NIC over layer 2, I send it... Whatever the fuck I want to send it, which just so happens to be a spoofed MAC address.
>>
>>53638316
On a big enough network with static IPs, IP conflicts are a fact of life and the usual solution is to reassign the IP of whichever server you're communicating with. MAC address conflicts do not happen because your switch KNOWS your real MAC address regardless of what you tell it.
>>
>>53638251
Like >>53638316 said,how is ip spoofing supposed to work when ip designation is controlled by DHCP?
>>
>>53638347
How hard is altering the mac of nic,like we have to alter firmware right?
Is it the same level as esn/imei changing?
>>
File: 1362499296551.jpg (18 KB, 211x290) Image search: [Google]
1362499296551.jpg
18 KB, 211x290
>>53638347
>your switch KNOWS your real MAC address regardless of what you tell it
I'm gonna stop here.
>>
>>53638347
No, if someone is spoofing their MAC address it is very difficult to detect it

>>53638363
Spoofing it Windows/Linux/Mac is very simple and doesn't even require any special software
>>
>>53638350
DHCP is the DYNAMIC host control protocol. It does not supply static IP addresses. Spoofing really works best with static IP addresses although I suppose it isn't impossible with a dynamic one.

>>53638363
I'm not sure it's even possible actually, although I know it would require physically manipulating the NIC. And yes, imei is similar if memory serves.
>>
>>53638364
I invite you to try and spoof your MAC address to have two identical MAC addresses on your switch and report your results back.

Spoiler: it's going to do nothing.
>>
>>53637957
Even so, is there something wrong with the blockchain, or should I just be patient? This is essentially practice for me at this point, I could care less about the currency I'm trying this out on at the moment.

>>53637905
They don't answer. They really don't. It's usually just a circlejerk about whatever coin they're using no matter what you're asking. This is just a quick stupid tech-related question anyway.
>>
>>53638392
I didn't say spoofing, i know how that works.
I said altering,meaning the mac is actually changed inside the NIC,independent of the operating system.
Like how the NIC manufacturers do once at production.
>>
>>53638397
I've spoofed a duplicate MAC address on my LAN before, both devices lose connection.
>>
>>53638392
Spoofing on the software level is simply asking the switch to treat you like a different MAC address. It makes no changes to the actual NIC.

Am I being trolled? I'm being trolled aren't I?
>>
Long story short my mobo died but I witnessed something I have never seen. The firmware reverted to factory. How does that happen?
>>
>>53638393
So what would happen if we set a static ip on ,say a pc,and connect it to a router which is set to dhcp?
>>
Is it a super big deal if one of my earphones is missing its grill? I just noticed it's missing and was wondering.
>>
>>53638405
Depends on the specific device, but it would generally require hardware modification.
>>
If I use an android emulator to make a separate account on this game I play just to do local co-op (the devs recently got rid of online multiplayer for whatever reason), is that liable to get my "account" in trouble?
How far can I push it?
>>
>>53638428
The speaker would be more prone to damage
>>
>>53638407
Show me the setting for allowing or disallowing spoofed MAC addresses
>>
File: images.jpg (31 KB, 524x280) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
31 KB, 524x280
>>53638412
You should be specific.

The firmware reverted to factory?
What reverted?
Did it revert to default settings?
Or did the firmware version reverted to ,say 1.0 from 2.0?

This is a feature on some mobo nowadays, i think by the name of dual bios .
>>
>>53638441
If you are playing local co-op then how is your account required? It's not using Internet right?
>>
>>53638407
>Spoofing on the software level is simply asking the switch to treat you like a different MAC address
No it doesn't, your local machine sends a layer 2 address of your choosing. The switch doesn't walk over and physically check your NIC, it has no way to. You can send whatever MAC you like and it has no way of knowing your actual MAC address. Holy fucking shit.
>>
Sharp Aquos Crystal running 4.4.2, how do I get individual text sounds per contact?
>>
>>53638446
Of course, but if the speaker is recessed in and I make sure to do basic hygiene, I should be good.
>>
>>53638501
It's "local" in the same way Pokemon is local multiplayer. It isn't a "pass-around-your-phone" kinda multiplayer.
The idea is that two people would be like "hey, we both play [blank], let's do some local co-op" but literally nobody is going to do that where I live
>>
>>53638557
Pokemon?what the hell is that?
Please explain in simple terms.
>>
Posted about this in a few other threads and no dice, Recently bought a 380, it it's been fine for about two weeks. The last several days I've gotten display errors and had drivers crash, I chalked it up to me using vsr and just pushing older games to far, yesterday while not playing a game my display crashed, the drivers don't recover and I have to restart my PC to get an image, I've restarted my PC several times and no dice. I swapped cards out. Still no display. Any idea what's happening or has happened? All of my components are less than a year old and my PSU is a 550 watt nzxt
>>
>>53638567
I have seen your question so many times my head is about to explode
>>
>>53638567
Does it work in safe mode or with integrated graphics?
>>
>>53638582
Sorry man I'm just stumped
>>53638584
It doesn't even display the BIOS, it won't post visually, but I know it's booting into Windows because I've heard notification sounds from Windows
>>
is dreamspark safe to use?
>>
File: output2.webm (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
output2.webm
2 MB, 1366x768
>>53638171
When I record the screen, the cursor doesn't jump in the webm, but It was jumping around when I recorded it,
???
>>
So I just installed an OpenSUSE environment on my Parallels Desktop VM. It works fine and all, but it's at an extremely weird resolution. It looks fine when it's not in full screen, but the problem is, at its default, the virtual machine is at a 300px by 400 px resolution. Is there any way I could change the display? I tried going to the system's settings and asking online, but found nothing of use... Thanks for helping a pleb out
>>
>>53638613
Is the display ok,check by turning monitor on while keeping display cable unplugged, it should say .....no signal....on screen
>>
>>53638567
Try a different PCI-E slot?
>>
>>53638641
Mini itx so not an option when I reseated the card and swapped out I checked the slot and connections on both cards and they seem fine.
>>53638640
Yes no signal appears when unplugged and while plugged in
>>
>>53638661
Ok so the display is ok.
A few years ago a similar thing happened to me.Windows was booting but no display.
It was fixed by removing the ram from ram slots on mobo,cleaning it with a cloth and reseating it .
>>
>>53638625
It's from MS, so yes.
>>
>>53638699
I'll give that a try, I'm not 100% but it's weird that I would get display driver errors and gave RAM be the issue right?
>>
>>53634348
Ok i will help you after confirming a few things.

Please confirm these,
You have Acer aspire e5-571 (http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.MPSAA.002)
You want to do a fresh install of Windows 10.
You understand english.

Which country did you buy it?
Do you have a valid Windows 10 license?
>>
>>53638714
It will not be weird if it worked for you.
What mobo and processor do you have?
Are you trying these fixes right now?
>>
Aside from CommonSense 2016 Ultimate Sperg Edition, what's a good antivirus app for Android?
>>
>>53638742
I've got an AMD x4 860k and the mobo is an msi a68hi AC. I am trying them, I also just took my ssd and still no signal I'm pretty positive it went into the BIOS on it's own though because the CPU fan ramped up like usual.
>>
File: 2016-03-23 13.57.44.png (121 KB, 806x326) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-23 13.57.44.png
121 KB, 806x326
>>53638141
Yeah so i checked your mobo and like >>53638091 said,keep the same brand ram in same color slot.

So keep 2x4gb in blue slots and 2x2gb in black slots on your mobo.

Pic related is from the user manual of your mobo.
Keep that in mind.
I would recommend 1600 or 1333 mhz ram, not higher.
>>
>>53635128
Just plug it in, USB 3 is backwards compatible with USB 2. If you want to utilize the extra speed get a PCEI card with USB 3 ports.
>>
File: 1455735540068.jpg (34 KB, 385x368) Image search: [Google]
1455735540068.jpg
34 KB, 385x368
>>53634330
I'm pretty new to git.

If I'm working with a partner temporarily on a fork of a project, and we are going to be working on the same file, what is the best practice to merge everything together and then make the pull request upstream?

I was thinking
>we create branch-1-PersonA, branch-1-PersonB in our respective forks (Fork A and Fork B) of Upstream master
>we add each other's forks as remotes
>both Fork A and B are sync'd to master, so both partners have the same original file in the same subfolder
>we work on the file at our own pace, even in the same areas
>we are both finally ready to compare and merge
>we make a final commit to our respective forks, then one of us (A) attempts to merge the branch-1-PersonB from Fork B with branch-1-PersonA from Fork A.
>merge conflict, open GUI (Meld) and resolve it
>we're communicating somehow (by texting or whatever) to decide which parts we leave in from whom, which are replaced, etc
>merge conflict resolved, push to Fork A, place pull request Upstream

But I imagine this is very unnecessarily convoluted, and I'm looking for someone who's not as dense as me to tell me the best way to do it in my scenario.
>>
Is earning 100~120k per year considered nice in USA?
Doesnt goverment tax you like 30-40% of it?
>>
>>53638796
I don't want to look up the specifications just yet so can you tell me whether your cpu/mobo has integrated graphics?

If yes then do this,
Remove all storage devices like hdd,ssd.Remove the gpu from pcie slot.connect the monitor signal cable to the video port on mobo.
If you can,remove all other pcie devices that you have,all other sata devices like cd drives.

Now completely unplug the system power,plug it back and then power on.
Check if bios is displayed
>>
>>53636718
Dropping the oc to 4.0ghz wont change anything if you leave the voltage at the same crazy setting you used at 4.5ghz.
>>
>>53637317
Did you clear the CMOS?
>>
>>53638866
No it doesn't, I should have mentioned that.
>>
>>53638886
Are you telling me that you can't use the combination of mobo and cpu you have without a graphic card?
>>
I want to start using Linux but have no idea where to start. I am really tired of windows with all its extra shit and stuff.

I have been looking at linux mint but really don't have a clue.

Thanks.
>>
>>53638903
Come join us here, friend
>>53637056
>>
>>53637956
Just update it using the Nexus root toolkit. Download the latest system image and flash it with the no wipe option.
>>
>>53638903
It helps if you have a completely blank hdd/ssd.
That way you can do whatever and no data will be lost of use.
>>
>>53638036
Yes, just make sure the new ram uses the same frequency AND timings.
>>
>>53638897
My CPU has no integrated graphics correct, I was basically forced into buying this mobo.
>>
>>53638903
you could use vbox with xp or wine
what is your question

>>53638858
>>/int/
>>
>>53638903
First of all, a good option for dipping your toes into any distro of Linux is using what is called a Virtual Machine on Windows.

Here's what you do

>Google "VirtualBox"
>Install VirtualBox
>Look up beginner distros that catch your eye (Some recommendations I could give you are Ubuntu GNOME and Linux Mint)
>Download their ISO's from their webpages (just enter their names on google and you will find their webpages with no problem)
>With VirtualBox, make a new VirtualMachine and follow the steps to install one of the ISO's in it
>Anything you do in the VM is contained to the VM, so don't worry, your computer will be safe
>Install Linux there and fuck around with it to see what it's like
>Keep in mind the performance is likely to be choppy because it's a VM, and it depends on how much power you're giving it through VirtualBox's settings.

If you try it like this and find you like it, go on ahead and backup your personal data to some external hard drive, make a USB boot drive of the ISO of your choice that you downloaded earlier, and boot into it to install that distribution of Linux and erase your current hard drive (whose personal data I'm hoping you backed up)

All of this is just a general idea of what steps you gotta follow. Go over here >>53638918 to ask more questions when they come up, and have fun!
>>
>>53638858
Depends on where you live, most places this would provide good comfort

Not really, depends on a lot of things
>>
File: 324.jpg (61 KB, 482x531) Image search: [Google]
324.jpg
61 KB, 482x531
C++ student here. My compiler crashes every time I ask for input in a void function.
void safeArrays::setVal(){
for(int x = startPos;x<=endPos;x++){
cout<<"Enter value for position["<<x<<"] :";
cin>>ary[x];
}
cout<<endl;cout<<endl;
}

...where startPos=2 and endPos=13; however those values aren't the problem. Does this have something to do with incorrect buffered stream usage? Or am I just a fucking retarded, useless sack of shit?
>>
File: a.png (337 KB, 800x770) Image search: [Google]
a.png
337 KB, 800x770
>>53639070
why do all female artists draw spooky hands?
>>
>>53634330
What's a great way to get an old desktop PC for free /g/?
>>
>>53639105
They want to do it!
>>
What should I use to rip audio cds?
>>
How can I batch download videos from youtube (for example entire playlists)? I currently use downthemall but I can only download individual videos, not entire playlists at once which gets very tedious as I want to download lecture series
>>
>>53637891
Try autopsy
>>
>>53639275
youtube-dl
>>
>>53639303

Great, I'm already dual booting so I'll give it a try, thanks
>>
Has the QC on the ROG SWIFT PG279Q monitor gone any better or is it still shit?
>>
>>53638947
You still here buddy?

I need your monitor details,Its resolution and how are you connecting it to mobo,like with VGA,DVI or HDMI.
>>
>>53639184
Explorer
>>
File: Capture.png (40 KB, 660x522) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
40 KB, 660x522
This is my first few hours on a computer I've just built, is everything in order here, why does the RAM say unknown? Is the speed correct?...

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-2400C15D-8GVR
>>
File: Capture.png (18 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
18 KB, 400x399
>>53639676
Does this help anymore?...
>>
>>53639676
I think it is not detecting what version(DDR4) of ram you have.Might be fixed in later versions of speecy.You can try CPU-Z and check if it detects correctly.

Click on RAM on left and post pic.
>>
>>53639722
What do you mean "Does this help..."?
>>
>>53639743
The DRAM frequency is supposed to be 2400, but it's 1066
>>
Is there a free program that downloads youtube playlists?

I liked youtube playlist downloader but it's not free
http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-PlayList-Downloader/3000-2071_4-76161216.html

Maybe a keygen even?
>>
how do i activate my ipad 2 after the 9.3 ios update ? the error message keeps telling me my ID can't used to activate it.
>>
File: Capture.png (17 KB, 399x398) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
17 KB, 399x398
>>53639722
>>53639676
solved by enabling x.m.p
>>
>>53638947
Ok buddy I dont know if you are reading but I looked up your mobo specs and it HAS integrated graphics.
So I want you to do what I said in >>53638866 and report back.

I'll be here on >sqt
>>
>>53639758
halp
>>
I made a pretty simple C# program to create quotations for an autoparts shop (not sure if the wording is right, english is not my native language). It does have its database and stuff, it's all fine, but I need to be able to print (to paper). What's a good way to do this? I've been looking online for a while but can't find anything decent and clean. Would be cool to create a table with rows and column and place product names and prices there, well formatted.
>>
>>53639758

youtube-dl mate, literally a few posts above you
>>
Is there a way to put mp4 files onto an ipad short of using wine and itunes as I'm using Linux?
>>
What's the best screen recorder / video capture software?
>>
File: 1457499132388.jpg (91 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457499132388.jpg
91 KB, 500x500
If an android ROM comes with a custom kernel, is it safe to proceed or is it kind of a warning sign, like whoops, these fellas are trying to do too much?

Also, how do i flash it? There are separate downloads for the ROM and the kernel. Do i flash one and then the other or could the kernel be included in the ROM in some way?

And last. If i flash any other ROM later on (very likely), will i need to flash another kernel or should it be good to go?
>>
>>53640153
obs should be fine, it depends on your needs though
>>
i just inherited about a million dollars, should I just go apeshit and build the most high end computer I can think of?
>>
>>53640193
no (unless you're already well off, and the million dollars isn't life-changing, i suppose)
>>
>>53639933
you could use reporting services, but they are kind of bloated.

alternatively you can just manually draw everything and use the printpreviewdialog to print it.
>>
>>53640191
Thanks pal. I need to create an instructional video on how to use a certain website. I just need it to record my cursor movement across the screen whilst I speak in to a microphone. Pretty basic stuff, OBS still the best choice?
>>
>>53639275

jdownloader2
>>
>>53640264
bloat bloat bloat bloat bloat
>>
How does the shot clock in the NBA start so quickly and precisely on inbound passes and reset so quickly when a shot hits the rim? Am I right to assume it isn't all manual work?
>>
File: uCZWkXD.jpg (244 KB, 1362x1999) Image search: [Google]
uCZWkXD.jpg
244 KB, 1362x1999
Is this legit?
https://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/
>>
>>53640272
there's a guy pressing buttons, nothing automated it seems.
>>
Advanced RSS-type question:

Instead of going to the same website day after day to check if there are any updates, isn't there a technology that will alert me for when there is an update?

Some websites have an update once in a blue moon, while some others have frequent updates - but I'm only interested in some of them.
>>
>>53640249
Yes, OBS should do the job. Make sure to tell it to record a local video - it's meant to stream over livestream services like Twitch, but you can use it for your purpose just fine.

>>53640240
Thanks, that's the class I was looking for, not sure how I missed it.
>>
>>53640341
What? You answered your own question.
>>
>>53640341
any RSS feed reader will do.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.