[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stuck in a sucky "Unix Tools" class literally, guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: first.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
first.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Stuck in a sucky "Unix Tools" class literally, guy runs emacs terminal and goes off on tangents about his life as a weeabo in japan.

Anyway without talking about how to approach this he hands out an assignment that simple says:
>Please download the attached file and examine it; it contains a way of submitting the assignment.

>The structure of the contents are related to the famous Churchill quote:

>"It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key."

here's the file, let's see if you neck-beards can figure it out as easily:
http://pastebin.com/T3tamftf
>>
>>53633964
>enigma
>Churchill
Could have something to do with this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enigma_machine#Basic_operation
>>
>>53633964
>/g/ teaches a class
next time you're there ask him to run screenfetch. Ten bucks says he's an Archfag
>>
$1$bb8b5025$1ls6m0jGCxmjBnbJ96lNd.
99912dc3043cb5b86c4c8f4d27bca199

your teacher is a fag
>>
>>53633964
It's a PGP key isn't it?
>>
>>53634120
He's a rampant Mintfag, even after the security breach.

>>53634080
Not really.

>>53634176
Tell me about it. Called himself Rangrey-sama in class a couple of times. Even the Jap in our class covers his face in cringe everytime he brings up weeaboo nostalgia.

>>53634246
Why don't you try it out yourself.
>>
>>53634278
>Why don't you try it out yourself.

I'd need his email. It's probably his public key, which you're supposed to use it to encrypt your assignment. He'll use his private key to decrypt it.
>>
>>53634375
>>53634278
I agree, we need his email for the love of all that is holy. Let's show him the error of his weeb ways
>>
Give us the actual file and not the contents.
>>
>>53634375
Well technically it isn't a pgp key, it's an encrypted message that contains a command that will send him a notification to his machine with the person's username

>>53634487
The file verbatim is the raw of the pastebin

>>53634477
Publicly available
[email protected]
>>
>>53634487
There's nothing more than just that, named blob if you want to name it as it was published.
>>
>>53633964
Subject: COP4342 Spring 2016: $ENV{USER} succeeded with assignment 2
>>
>>53634534
How's this?

Gomenasai, my name is Rangrey-Sama.

I’m a 47 year old American Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Persona series)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan!
>>
>>53633964
You realize he probably sent a different file to each student? You're fucked.
>>
>>53635143
The email it sends to the prof is totally generic. It just uses the username to make it unique. See >>53634808
>>
>>53635143
Nope it's a generic file that's been posted on blackboard and file everyone's had access to.
>>
File: 1453355916885.jpg (15 KB, 480x354) Image search: [Google]
1453355916885.jpg
15 KB, 480x354
>>53634808
>pic related
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.