[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Entry Level Video Cameras
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: sonyhandycam.jpg (70 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
sonyhandycam.jpg
70 KB, 1024x1024
Sup /g/, first time to the board.

Me and my fiancé just had a baby girl and while the first two days at the house have been a blast filled with pictures and video on our phones, I got to thinking about the importance of maybe picking up a dedicated video camera.

I got to looking around quickly on Amazon and saw this pop up within the first few pages. My dad has a few Handycams (older disc based ones) but they were all pretty good.

If I'm looking to stay under $200, what are some good options?

tl;dr: spoonfeed me some entry level/budget video cameras /g/

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HDRCX240-Video-Camera-2-7-Inch/dp/B014X23ATS/ref=sr_1_14?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1458683049&sr=1-14&keywords=video+camera
>>
That one works well for me anon. Me and my fiancée bought it a year in september
>>
bump

any other opinions?
>>
>>53631356
I have that in black, works very nicely for the price. also buy a really big memory card and strap a gopro to the kid for the next 18 years
>>
use a smartphone
>>
>>53631900
shit optics in most of them, even flagships
>>
>>53631356
Stick with a known brand and you should be fine.
Do you plan to take photos too? (You don't hate your little girl, do you? Of course not.) You might consider a DSLR/compact system (ie Micro 4/3) camera instead, they take good video now. And in the long run, you'll probably be taking more photos than video.
>>
>>53631911
I know but I wanted to sound stupid like the people who tell you to "just use a phone" when commenting on what music player to buy
>>
>>53631356
>Me and my fiancé just had a baby girl and while the first two days at the house have been a blast filled with pictures and video on our phones, I got to thinking about the importance of maybe picking up a dedicated video camera.
I'm too autistic for this. This is really disgusting.
>>
>>53631356
> has a wife
> it is his baby, not wife's son
What the hell are you doing on /g/?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.