[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
R800 Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
Why didn't this sell when it came out and is it worth buying for emulation/piracy in 2016?
>>
It didn't have the best SoC/GPU -- even for the time -- and the battery life sucked. So nah, not your best bet.
>>
>>53628290

Even for €50?
>>
>>53628866
Go and shoot yourself, fucking hipster.
>>
bump for interest

Xperia play 2 would be an instant buy for me
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzN03LaMc0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E15XgqB-71c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gMHCOzf218

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtVo9ugAEEs
>>
>>53628221
Is there a good bluetooth controller for on android phone ?
>>
>>53628866
PSP is cheaper, equally as good (if not better) for emulation and has a great battery life.

Plus you get the psp titles which are pretty good and afaik android emulation of psp is not quite there yet, and definitely can't do it perfectly for 8hrs straight.
>>
because galaxy s2
>>
>>53629673
There was something called an icontrolpad, there are probably tons of compatible chinese ones now
>>
>>53629681
>PSP is cheaper,

Not on Aliexpress
>>
>>53629807
I bought mine for $35
>>
>>53629673
use an xbox controller with usb? why not..
>>
>>53628221

i still have mine and i absolutly loved it, but sadly the 256MB ram is just too little.

i ran MGS1, crash bandicoot games, rayman and several other PS1 games on it,

i ran SNES, NES games on it. (was fun playing nintendo games with PS controller.

oh and the controller is actually fantastic, i LOVED the buttons.

if they made a second one i would buy it no matter what. best shitter companion ever.
>>
>>53629673
most ipega controllers have a clip to put your phone in, I have one and it's pretty cool, albeit a bit small. There's versions modeled after the 360 controller, those are great but not that portable.
>>
>>53629673
>>53630076
I've got this thing and it's perfect for emulation
>>
>>53630044
It has 512 MB
>>
>>53629681
>if not better
Anon, have you ever heard of the "Super Famicom", AKA the "Super Nintendo Entertainment System"?

Listen I hate my xplay but to say my psp has better emulation abilities would be a straight up lie.
80% of snes games run like absolute ass without fiddling and fucking around with menus an speed tweaks for three years, and even then a solid 70% still run terribly.
>>
It's the best all-in one phone and emulation device with buttons. Because it's the only one.

Remove the phone part and you've got tons of options. And no don't consider completely impractical and unintuitive Phone controllers. The people who make those things have no sense of storage or practicality. Only an autist would use them in public, and at home you might as well be using your PC.
>>
>>53628221
>is it worth buying for emulation/piracy in 2016?

Holy hell no. A friend of mine still has one and its huge and bulky as fuck. Not to mention its slow as hell. Better off just getting a phone and a 3DS or some shit.
>>
>>53629673
dualshock 4
>>
V FUCK OFF V FUCK OFF V FUCK OFF
>>
Isn't worth it for emulation, specs aren't so great and you can find a lot of cheap android console dedicated for emulation on the market
>>
>>53628221
If I wanted a psp go then I would have bought one.
>>
>>53631960

>V
>>
>>53628221
I had one, screen burnt out. Fucking miss that little bastard
>>
I have an R800x and I cannot for the life of me find a stock ROM image. CM won't let me do anything due to "com.android.phone has stopped" messages every 5 seconds
>>
>>53628221
Depends what you're looking to play. I use mine for SNES emulators and it's fine. Runs without a hitch. It's also not slow but I don't have many things installed and I'm running a pretty bloat free custom ROM.
>>
>>53629673
Use a Xbox controller over USB OTG. For wireless, go for Dualshock. Sony firmware has native DualShock support. The Sixaxis app should work for other Android devices.
>>
For anything SNES/Genesis and older it is.
GBA too.
>>
>>53629807
Even second hand shops always sell them cheaper than xplays, but I can only speak for the UK.

>>53631189
The only emulator that gives me trouble is the N64 (later generations won't run for shit), idk what emulator you use but my snes and mega drive run perfectly fine without the need to fuck about with settings.
I legit just ran f-zero and street fighter alpha 2 because I doubted myself but the lowest framerate I got was 44fps in f-zero, sfa2 was 60 all throughout.
Snes9xTYL before you ask
>hurrdurr not 60fps on f-zero
It didn't run like ass, I didn't fuck about with any settings for three years and it isn't the simplest game out there. Oh yes and the cpu on PSP 333mhz at full whack which I have capped at 222mhz for all emulators because I like having around 10hrs of portable emulation.

Sounds like you owe your PSP a second chance, its not half bad you know.

Anything beyond N64 is a no go (but hey, native ps1 support) so if you want more recent then sure go android but with xplay specs it will just be a slideshow.
>>
Can you play Ds games on it ?
>>
it probably didn't sell well because it was a phone, trying to replace peoples existing phones.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.