[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Facebook drops support for Blackberry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: _88892477_88892476.jpg (46 KB, 660x473) Image search: [Google]
_88892477_88892476.jpg
46 KB, 660x473
blackberry said it is "extremely disappointed" with Facebook's decision to discontinue support for its app.
It means Blackberry users will have to use the mobile version of the website to log on to the social network.
It is not clear when this will come into effect.
Earlier this month WhatsApp, which is owned by Facebook, also announced that it would only continue to support Blackberry's Android-powered Priv handset.
Whatsapp support for Blackberry's own operating system will end at the end of 2016, the firm said.
"We fought back to work with WhatsApp and Facebook to change their minds, but at this time, their decision stands," wrote Lou Gazzola, who works in developer relations at Blackberry, in a blog post.
"We have worked hard to ensure our end users have the best experience in light of this decision, and are continuing to search for alternate solutions."
Mr Gazzola urged supporters to take to social media using the hashtag #ILoveBB10Apps.
"Hey @facebook and @WhatsApp #ILoveBB10Apps Please don't kill'em *attempts puppy eyes*" tweeted Jo.
"I use BB10 because I wanted an alternative to Android and iOS devices, don't stop offering people an alternative choice! #ILoveBB10Apps" tweeted Ed Hale.
Facebook has been contacted for comment.
>>
Pretty much the final nail in the coffin.
>>
What's blackberry's os's market share? 0,6%?
>>
>>53627451
The sad part about this is BB10 is a great platform SDK wise.

Extremely clean and nice to use C API at its lowest level

Higher level C++/Qt API as well

Absolute dream compared to the utter dogshit that Android and iOS is. It just goes to show its not tools or quality that matters.
>>
>>53629281
Not to mention it's supposedly a fortress when it comes to security
>>
>>53630666
Satan, you're really good at being devil's advocate. It's really too bad better products don't win out over those that hopped on the gravy train first.
>>
File: blackberry.jpg (44 KB, 439x450) Image search: [Google]
blackberry.jpg
44 KB, 439x450
BlackBerry kept finding inventive ways of destroying themselves. I quit writing apps for them when they couldn't keep the signing server operating. Sometimes it would be offline for over a week. And since apps, even private side loaded apps, can't be deployed on a BlackBerry without RIM digitally signing it, even the smallest change would be backed up. Try explaining to your boss why the CTO who just got promoted to CEO can't have his face on the company app because some computer in Waterloo crashed and RIM laid off the last employee who knew how to reboot it.
>>
File: ConsiderTheFollingWallPlans.png (435 KB, 807x700) Image search: [Google]
ConsiderTheFollingWallPlans.png
435 KB, 807x700
I always used the online version anyways, no big deal, I refuse to download anything from Facebook, Google, or other spyware source anyways...
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.