[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I need a hand So I flashed this ROM onto my phone (htt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1430251940591.png (335 KB, 417x515) Image search: [Google]
1430251940591.png
335 KB, 417x515
Guys I need a hand

So I flashed this ROM onto my phone (http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-galaxy-s6/general/sprint-galaxy-s6-sprint-mm-6-0-odin-t3333530) and everything went fine from 5.1.1 to 6.0.1

but then i decided to root the phone

i dont know what i did wrong because the phone was rooted when i had 5.1.1, but every time I boot up, the phone goes to the 'android is starting screen' and keeps rebooting when it gets to 'optimizing app 30/30'

I really cant afford a new phone, and i acknowledge that i fucked up

If anyone could help me, it'd be greatly appreciated

pic related
>>
>>53626073
i knew i should have just left it unrooted

everything was working perfectly

but then i tried to do it and broke it

i'm so mad at myself
>>
File: freddy.jpg (7 KB, 258x195) Image search: [Google]
freddy.jpg
7 KB, 258x195
>>53626073

Can you get back into recovery? If you can, review your options there. You might be able to revert this issue.

...and grow some fucking reading comprehension before you decide to flash another rom, probably forgot a bootstack or something.
>>
>>53626073
Haven't you already made thread?
Anyway it commonly believed that as long as phone boots at all you can recover. In your case you'll probably be advised to find stock ROM and flash it.
>>
File: my_fry_fros_all_frizzy.jpg (2 KB, 125x83) Image search: [Google]
my_fry_fros_all_frizzy.jpg
2 KB, 125x83
>>53626086
^^ If this doesn't work or you can't get back into recovery, search XDA for methods for unbricking. EVERY phone has a boot feature that will allow it to be accessed via USB or adb for recovery, or should.

The unbricking method should reinstall a working rom.
>>
The "optimizing apps" screen normally means that there's APKs in the system app folder, normally without odexes or folder. They'e just in the root of the system app folder.

Not sure how, but if you checked and that is the case, I would then remove them, and see if your phone boots fine. I realize that sounds kinda sketchy, but your only other option is to reflash a stock image.
>>
>>53626086
I can get into recovery

I already tried wiping cache/formatting but nothing changed

>>53626100
I did last night but my PC rebooted and i lost the thread
the thing is i upgraded to 6.0.1 and when i tried to revert back to 5.1.1 with ODIN, it just wouldnt work

>>53626117
im looking around now, and not seeing anything
>>
Use the sqt next time

>b-b-but nobody will see my question
Shut the fuck up.

>>53626117
>>53626086
Or just reflash from the bootloader for fucks sakes. Probably how he did it the first time anyway.
>>
>>53626153
how do i remove them?
is there an additional process in addition to wiping cache/factory reset that i dont know about?

>>53626181
sqt?

I booted into download mode and reflashed the 6.0.1 ROM and it didnt do anything
i tried reflashing a 5.1.1 ROM and odin wouldnt let me

im so fucked
>>
>>53626216
>sqt
Look it up in the catalog
>>
>>53626073

>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>>
>>53626231
stupid question thread

i forgot about that acronym
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.