[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow Apple way to go This is why they won't win the OS war
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
Wow Apple way to go

This is why they won't win the OS war
>>
File: 1458577164167.jpg (67 KB, 500x487) Image search: [Google]
1458577164167.jpg
67 KB, 500x487
>>
I mean like what is this bullshit
>>
>you can't use a knife to eat chicken soup
>wow knives way to go
>this is why they won't win the utensil war
This is how dumb you sound.

And then someone replies about eating soup with their knife just to be contrarian and stupid.
>>
>>53625645
It's not the OSs job to tell users what executables they are or aren't supposed to be running.
The user wants to run it, it's his right.
>>
>>53625645
please stop feeding him..
>>
This post is goofy, but it's not wrong.
>>
>>53625645
>he can't use knife to eat chicken soup
>>
>>53625678
And we have a fucking dumbshit troll. Welp.

Honestly, I'd fucking report you, but I'd probably get banned myself given the level of retardation of Modern 4chan Mods. And I'll probably get banned for that comment as well. Which would only fucking prove my goddamn point.

You do know that to run an effective discussion board, even one as loose and inane as 4chan, you need effective, fair, and FAST moderation that gets rid of fucking idiotic posts and trolls, right, guys?

Right?

Sigh. They should just give this clusterfuck to me to run. I'd have /g/ afraid to even tell people to install Gentoo within a week.
>>
>>53625678
I seriously hope you want to execute yourself then.
>>
>>53625552
                                                                                Is this a real error-message? Oh please, let it be.
>>
>>53625755
Wow holy shit you are literally the worst user on this site.

The main feature of 4chan is the lack of moderation you retarded sperg-berry-pie
>>
>>53625645
>Food analogies
Nice going fatty
>>
>>53625755
I just think that the user should be in charge of his computer, not the other way around.
But you Apple people sure seem to love being subjects.
>>
>>53625552
:√)
>>
>>53626059
>using the smiley with the square root nose
>>
meanwhile in linux...
>>
You could probably run ut with WINE tb h
>>
btw that's an application also natively available in OSX
>>
>>53625552
I'm amazed they took the time to make a error that says "hey dipshit, exe no worky on OSX'
>>
>>53626689
Yeah, instead of going like "there's no program you can use for this weird ass file format"
>>
>>53625633
This is a legitimate issue in any case. Safari and webbums don't like each other.
>>
File: apple security.png (786 KB, 951x922) Image search: [Google]
apple security.png
786 KB, 951x922
>using the most insecure OS

top cluck
>>
>>53627055
What's the most secure OS?
>>
>>53625800
>>53625890
Sigh. He's baiting you fags. The last paragraph gave it away. Sigh.
>>
>>53627135
abacus
>>
>>53626689
There are a lot of retarded people who use Macs.
They expect an "it just werks" operating system.
>>
>>53625552
>2016
>OS X
>OS war

Man it sure feels like 2003 in here

>>53625633
>>53626834
And apparently they never will
>http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2010-05/20/on-web-video-support-safari-now-stands-alone
>>
MACS STILL CAN'T PLAY BLURAYS
>>
>>53627209
>Using physical disks
Kek
>>
>>53627135
the one that receives no user inputs

>>53627209
Now what am I gonna do with those blurays I never bought?
>>
Is there an equivalent to Wine in OS X?
>>
>>53625678
>it's his right
it's also his right to get the product that runs the programs designed for it
>>
>>53627354
You can *run* wine in OSX
>pic related

>>53627385
Yeah, so why didn't he?
>>
>>53627354
There is Wine and then some applications like Winebottler, Wineskin and Playonmac which is essentially the same thing as Playonlinux.

I also did some tests myself with them and some games, I can tell you that I get roughly the same performance between your average Ubuntu spin and OSX.
>>
>>53627423
That's some nice fucking font, which is it?
>>
>>53627448
Anonymous Pro @ 14pt
Lots of people here use it.
>>
>>53627426
I'd think that drivers would cause much higher performance variation than what OS Wine was running on.
>>
>>53627423
>Yeah, so why didn't he?
seeing as he has a Mac and is mad about it not running .exe files, he's possibly software/hardware illiterate and didn't know that he could just get a cheaper computer with Windows installed on it. also, the steelseries engine also has a Mac port, so I don't know why he didn't just download that.
>>
>>53627492
I would suppose so.

The issue with OSX is that if you have an AMD GPU there's nothing much you can do. Apple provides those drivers themselves. I run hackintosh so I have to either rely on automatic detection or use a specific framebuffer, but both options seem to give me the same results.
>>
>>53627493
Have you considered it was all a ruse to make people react to it
>>
>>53625678
xD bro cool story! omega goodu jobu sensei desu desu you fucking faggot.
>>
Apple could support .exe if they wanted. They just chose not to because they are sane. Same with linux
>>
>>53625645
Clearly spoon is the superior utensil, it can be used to cut things just as well as a regular kitchen knife.
>>
>>53627784
>cut things just as well as a regular kitchen knife.
>tfw seen my dad and brother do this
Still cringing
>>
>>53627055

That's why Jobs wouldn't allow flash on the iPhone. They know shitty code when they see it.
>>
You need to install Wine, OP. Mac OS X doesn't know how to use the portable executable format.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.