[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ here. I'm a drawfag and big fan of 2D fighting games.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1454016114470.gif (75 KB, 126x118) Image search: [Google]
1454016114470.gif
75 KB, 126x118
/v/ here.
I'm a drawfag and big fan of 2D fighting games.
my dream is to make my own.

I wanna use the 2D fighter maker engine that many doujin fighters use.

But I want to decompile some of those games character files like Vanguard princess and SCWU to learn how they used and coded the engine to make such wonderfull games.

I don't want to simply hack the files to steal assets or some shit, I want simply to open the character files in the editor and study how they made them.

So, I want to ask the elite hackers of /g/ to tell me if it's possible to decompile them in some way.

I'm sure it's possible because the mlp fighter was hacked and some shit was added by fans.

I'm sure it must not be hard to hack because it's simply a checkbutton that forbids the character file to be imported in the editor.
>>
File: 1422451158019.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1422451158019.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
>>
>>53624202
I just want to know what tool can I use, I'm not asking for you guys to decompile them.

I just want some info.
>>
File: 1405742159653.png (61 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
1405742159653.png
61 KB, 212x238
So what your really saying is you want to copy/paste someones work, add your OC do not steal and pass it off as your own game.

See >>53624202
>>
>>53624212
IDA is supposedly good for decompiling on Windows if you can pirate it but Radare 2 is good and works on GNU/Linux
I don't know anything about the programs you were talking about but if you wanna get into decompiling, go read Programming From the Ground Up by Idontremember and watch https://youtu.be/BALYG3--5Us and you should be good to go
>>
>>53624247
Not really.

I want to understand how he coded certain stuff, by example the physics.

I've never seem any other 2DFM game with such great physics.

Also, not even the guys at some forum about the engine can figure out how he coded the assists.

So, no, I'm not gonna copy paste the code.
>>
>>53624273
what's IDA?

I simply need to import the files in the editor without some gook error message.
>>
nigger what could we possibly tell you that google couldn't? If you're really interested about this you're gonna have to do your own research. And honestly if you're just a gaymer and you don't even know what a for loop is you're gonna have a hard time.

BTW I'm into fighting games. I've always wanted to make my own. But I'm a programmer. Just uh, throwing that out there.
>>
>>53624368
I know nigga, I made my own basic 2D fighter in java using libgdx but I lost the files and it was simply trash.

Maybe you guys can give me something to google.
>>
>>53624190
Vanpiri uses some engine I don't think he made
I don't know why you can't just mess with parameters until it's cool, though
>>
Will it have superior limb based combat?
>>
>>53624190
so a rom hack?
>>
Code decompiling isn't that easy OP.
Often the code is difficult to understand, or weird.

I would recommend, more than anything, look at what's happening on screen, study it. Reason out the logic of what's going on, and make your own implementation.

That will ultimately be easier than decompiling the code, and then making sense of it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.