[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ think of manjaro?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: 1458124867029.jpg (231 KB, 996x1600) Image search: [Google]
1458124867029.jpg
231 KB, 996x1600
What does /g/ think of manjaro?
>>
>>53623722
>memejaro
/thread
>>
>>53623722
>Mandingo
>>
can't even make their own logo, /g/ did better.

I think that says enough.
>>
>>53623722
what is this nigga even doing wtf
>>
>>53623722
Not very much, which is actually an advertisement for it. It's generally a good idea to do the opposite of what /g/ says.
>>
>>53623722
>Mango
>>
>>53623722
Is that black youtube tech guy?
i mean wtf black youtube tech guy
>>
Its alright, just follow sopme indians tut and install arch though, then you can install their themes if you want from the aur
>>
>>53623850
it isn't actually that incorrect, for example he could have just gotten done soldering a battery onto the motherboard
>>
>>53624022
nevermind, i just saw where his hand is
>>
>>53623850
Better question is WTF is he going to do with that open HDD.
>>
File: you_figure_it_out.jpg (56 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
you_figure_it_out.jpg
56 KB, 450x373
>see OP image
>this comes to mind
>>
>>53624033
Solder more CPU's in it?
>>
Like arch but not shit
>>
>>53623722
Love it. Only just found it and it's perfect. Lightweight and uses fucking godlike Pacman, but automates the things that really should be automated.
>>
>>53623850
I want /pol/ to get out of my board.
>>
>>53624055
Kek took me a few seconds
>>
>>53627058
What did you use before?
>>
File: 1457548569660.png (91 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1457548569660.png
91 KB, 1280x800
>>53623745
Don't slash thread your own post you fucking newfag
>>53623722
It's just a worse Arch.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (21 KB, 237x275) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
21 KB, 237x275
>>53623722
TRIGGERED
>>
File: Screenshot_20160322_172404.png (642 KB, 5760x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160322_172404.png
642 KB, 5760x1080
>>53623722
Its nice if you're too lazy to set up arch yourself but still want pacman

>>53629356
>Apr 6, 2015
>let you know why wiki went down
>give you a possible less secure workaround if you REALLY need the wiki

are you even trying?
>>
>>53630876
There's literally no reason to use it over regular Arch.
>b-b-but I'm too retarded to install Arch!!
kill yourself
>>
>>53630928
Lazy. I'm lazy as shit.

It's a nice distro for windows noobs like me to try out who want to use arch and learn pacman before dedicating to installing arch.

Manjaro is also able to be installed on a live usb if you dont want to install it and just check it out. everything worked when I booted from my live usb, I didn't have to follow a guide or search through the wiki to be able to check it out.
>>
>>53624033
and
>soldering iron isn't even turned on
>the knob/power switch is facing away from him
>hard drive just chilling there for no reason??
>>
>>53623722
Broken
>>
>>53630698

I haven't used a soldering iron in years but wouldn't that metal part he's holding on to be hot as fuck?
>>
>>53631621
Yes, it would, there's a reason why there's a 5 feet long plastic thing on that.
>>
>>53631635

Right, just double checking...Like I said haven't used one in years.
>>
>>53627143
I want Muslims to get out of Europe, but that isn't happening either
>>
>>53630928
Why are Arch fags so insecure?

Fuck the Arch way and fuck the Arch community.

Is that a good enough reason for you?
>>
Arch is awesome, so it can't be too bad.
>>
>>53624055
I don't get it.
>>
>>53623722
I love mhwd and it's really simple to setup. It's been stable on my machine for almost two years so for me that's enough to keep using it. I may try antergos on the next machine for fun.
>>
>>53631716
Fucking magnets how do they work

>>53631770
The Antegros installer has been buggy dogshit that's crapped out on me three times in a row
>>
>>53623722
dude has the body of pikachu ganadorf
>>
>>53631891
Really? How do you mean crapped out? Legit question, so I can avoid issues
>>
>>53631997
This was a year ago, but it was always at a different part of the instillation.

Typing this out makes me also remember the several times when the disc would freeze before even loading the OS preview. (When the screen is black and it has [ OK ] next to all the systems that were loaded next to it in the beginning)

Then at other parts it would either freeze or things would be unselectable
>>
>>53631997

It can crap out if you don't use "dd" to make the live USB.

Use dd to make live USB sticks instead of uNetbootin or LiliUSB and you will have no problems with the Antergos installer.

Writing from my successfully installed Antergos partition.
>>
>>53632283
Ohh that's odd.
>>53632298
I'm always using dd for my devices BUT on really old setups unetbootin is a lot better.
>>
The point of Arch is that it's as painfully minimal as one can feasibly allow a functional linux distro to be. When having a super-easy installation process like Ubuntu or Debian, something designed to cover EVERY potential scenario, it's gonna be a bit bloated, and for the nerdlord that just wants to run i3 and terminal programs there's no point in all of it.

Manjaro has a lot of bloat. This issue is compounded by the fact that it doesn't _just_ have bloat, it's also just as unstable for a complete newbie as arch is. This is made even worse by the way Manjaro intentionally delays packages, so you aren't even getting the cutting-edge shit, it's just as set-in as any other distro.
>>
>>53632501
(cont.)
I'm not gonna knock you if you run the far easier distros; Xubuntu will cover pretty much everything you really want to start off, and if you want to build up from there, anything you'd see to become a shitlord ricer like the rest of us is easy to find. But don't use Manjaro. If you think you want Arch, then use the guide, and if that seems daunting, then you really don't want Arch.

TL;DR it has none of the advantages of arch with all of the overall usability issues for a new user, just use ubuntu/debian you dingus
>>
>>53632355

>BUT on really old setups unetbootin is a lot better.

How so, if I may ask?
>>
>>53632519
>>53632501
Runs the same as Ubuntu/Debian on the user end desu
>>
>>53632355
unetbootins cfg works on them. That's my personal experience from installs I did on multiple old machines I've setup for some family members.
>>
Haven't you learned yet the whole subsection of arch and anything based on it is toxic?

The typical quantum "better than you" bullshit will still apply.
>arch is the best but if you're dumb you can use a script but then you shouldn't use arch anyway or you could use manjaro which is arch made easier cause nobody wants to waste time like this but if you use manjaro you aren't using arch so fuck off.
Architect/installation scripts/manjaro are quantum distros and tools which don't exist since you're always both being called a scrub and having it done easy, in both positions at once.

>>53632519
Why try to hide it with dingus? Just let your hate flower bloom and use a proper insult. Manjaro and install scripts should not exist because they threaten the club! Arch forums should not exist because they threaten the club! Arch isos should be deleted from servers because they threaten the club!

Nobody cares if you want to be a dick just stop trying to hide it.
>>
>>53632760
>Just let your hate flower bloom and use a proper insult.
I don't really "hate" it, though, I just find it silly. Once you take away the minimal heavy-rolling-release sections of Arch, it's just a slightly worse linux distro in a world where there's a lot of really good stable distros.

It's allowed to exist. I'm allowed to criticize it. Ya dingle donger.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.