[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Apple is firing a machine gun into its foot >Windows is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: computers suck.png (194 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
computers suck.png
194 KB, 600x400
>Apple is firing a machine gun into its foot
>Windows is yandere and tells the NSA everything
>Linux is buggy garbage
>ChromeOS isn't even an operating system

Why can't I just have a computer that doesn't suck?
>>
>>53622014
>Linux is buggy garbage
Confirmed for stealing "opinions" from Windows shills on this site and never having actually tried Linux.
>>
>>53622067
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>53622014
>buggy garbage
have you ever fucking used linux
it's godly
>>
File: 1453785345770.jpg (7 KB, 209x253) Image search: [Google]
1453785345770.jpg
7 KB, 209x253
>>53622014
Windows 10 is [spoiler]ok[/spoiler]
Linux is tolerable if you are ok with everything breaking all the time and no support or games
All other os's including osx and chromeos proprietary shite can go die in a fire
>>53622067
Wow someones deluded have you tried loading up mint or buntu or any linux lately? Drivers and games are beyond broken and shit doesnt work open source shit.

How come Google can make such a good mobile OS and completely fucks its desktop one up?

Windows is the literally the only one that works but wont be worth using for long as soon as windows store exclusive apps take off as they are graduarly turning it into Xbox One the operating system
>>
Quick question does anyone here use spybot anti-beacon and do you have any view on it. Its is a quick fix for windows 10.
>>
>>53622112

Have you looked into Linux gaming recently or are you just spouting shit?

XCOM2 is on Linux natively along with Dying Light and other AAA titles. All you need is 10 seconds to disprove your "no games on Linux" statement.
>>
>>53622112
>mint or uuntu
WOW, I WONDER WHY EVERYTHING IS BROKEN
THANKS DEBIAN
>>
>>53622067
>>53622094

I'ved tried linux over and over and it never fucking works on the shitty macbook I'm forced to use. Graphics glitches, nonfunctional hardware, windows randomly collapse to 100 square pixels, no application support, themes that look nothing like promised
>>
OSX is great anon, it's easily the best OS ever. Its drawbacks have to do with all the shit surrounding OSX, like Apple forcing you to only use its hardware, not OSX itself.
>>
>>53622139
Still probably loses tonnes of FPS because they cant into optimization because linux drivers and API's are SHit

>no vulkan still
kekekekeke
have fun with your 6 year old ogl crap

>>53622142
it was a bad choice wasnt it
>>
>>53622139
>loonix has 3 out of the dozens of games you want to play
cool story

and my CPU still doesn't have proper support
>>
>>53622139
>Wow i can play 3 2 year old games
WOAH
O
W

WOW
O
A
H
>>
>>53622014
>Apple is firing a machine gun into its foot
I agree that the file system is bad is really but it is useable.
>Windows is yandere and tells the NSA everything
Microsoft is a big coorporation.
Big coorporations like to be in control.
But they also make things work for other big coorporations.
This means that it is the only option for a lot of fields.
>Linux is buggy garbage
All OS have bugs, doesn't mean it isn't usable.
If you like to be in control (like install a better filesystem or remove spying features) it is a good OS.
If you want to run an application that isn't free or written for the OS, you are often shit out of luck though.
>>
>>53622151
problem exists between chair and keyboard
>>
>try debian VM
>attempt to download chrome
>debian can't even run a .deb file by default

clearly this a god-tier operating system
>>
>>53622112
>Drivers and games are beyond broken and shit doesnt work open source shit.

No they aren't, moron.
They work for everyone else.
>>
>>53622278
/this
>>
>>53622014
>>Linux is buggy garbage
>>ChromeOS isn't even an operating system

>All software has bugs in it.
>My Linux+debian works

Also do you even know the basic definition of an OS?
What is chromeOS?
> A magically solutions to seeing images while not using any part of software models for functional uses. You are smoking drugs and seeing shit being done on your chrome book.
>>
use fedora or korora
>>
>>53622014
>Linux is buggy garbage
Windows 10 is buggier, shill.
>>
>>53622014
>2016
>X11 is still being used
Confirmed buggy garbage, I'll consider switching when Wayland is completed adopted and matured.
>>
>>53622014
try analogOS it's pretty cheap and works well.
>>
>>53622868
Windows 10 upgrades are hell but it's a hell I'm willing to survive to get the stability of Windows, sure you can say Linux "can" be just as stable but it's not the same, and you know it.
>>
>>53622915
what do you mean by "stable"?

I have been using linux for years and it never randomly breaks like you claim
>"muhhh CPU doesn't work on linux!"
this is complete bullshit
>>
>>53622915
I'm using Debian right now and it's more stable than Windows will ever be.
>>
>>53622939
>I will never be a productive member of society
Is essentially what you're saying.
>>
>>53622963
Is spending time messing around with windows considered productivity?
>>
>>53622963
Kill yourself, idiot.
>>
>>53622974
This post is incredibly ironic coming from a freetard.
>>53622975
Get a job you useless sack of shit. Nobody cares about the shitty anime desktop you have.
>>
>>53622979
Stability increases productivity does it not?
Or is having an unstable OS good for productivity?

Unless you want to refute the claim that debian is stable
>>
>>53622989
>having a meme OS you literally can't do anything productive on
>Windows is unstable
You can stop meme spouting now you tech illiterate fuck.
>>
>>53622939
I'm using Debian Unstable and it's far more stable then Win10. Win 7 was a little more stable before they started fucking with it to slow it down and releasing the old NSA backdoors to the public to force you to update.
Forcing me to "upgrade" my PC into an oversized, overpriced smartphone was what finally got me saying "Fuck Microsoft".
>>
File: HAHAHAHAHA THE IRONY.jpg (34 KB, 635x467) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHAHA THE IRONY.jpg
34 KB, 635x467
>>53622994
>>
>>53622995
>le NSA backdoors meme = unstable
Retard.
>>
>spend 4 hours configuring shit and reading manuals to get a basic function like WiFi working
this is me being productive

t. linuxcuck
>>
>>53622979
Enjoy spending time fixing your Windows 10 when it breaks next week from another disastrous update. Meanwhile, I'll be on an OS that works correctly.
>>
>>53622994
You can execute code on debian
I'm not sure what you mean by productivity. I understand productivity to be executing operations on data, and debian does that more effectively by being more stable.

Unless you're thinking of productivity as 'making youtube videos'. I'm thinking more of 'hosting youtube videos'.
>>
>>53622014
>Linux is buggy garbage
Let me guess, you installed Gentoo...

Use google, download one of the distros used by business.
>>
>>53622014
Will Windows ever feel business orientated again?
>>
>>53623034
gentoo isn't even buggy

linux isn't buggy

OP is just a fucking moron who can't even complete the simplest of tasks
>>
>>53623021
funny I actually had to do this when I installed windows 7. When I put ubuntu on the same machine everything just worked.
>>
>>53622174
>Dying Light - 2015
>XCOM2 - 2016
>>
Linux is only good on as tool for actual works.

It's the best for people who actually care about what they're doing rather than what they want to be. Not some freetards who think using Linux is a status quo.
>>
VIDEO GAMES INVALIDATE ALL OTHER ARGUMENTS
>>
File: tumblr_m451fqpNox1r6zkjm.gif (406 KB, 245x285) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m451fqpNox1r6zkjm.gif
406 KB, 245x285
all these neckbeards saying linux isnt buggy...

meanwhile, i've reset my computer 20 times over the weekend because the kernal freezes my cpu which makes my pc speaker go off like a techno song.
>>
>>53624009
>kernal
>>
>>53624009
are you using mint or ubuntu?
>>
>>53624019
>he doesnt eat kernal's chicken
>>
>>53624021
debian
>>
>>53622014
>>Windows is yandere and tells the NSA everything
That's not how yandere works.
>>
>>53624041
I really never had issues with Debian at all
>>
>>53624135
>werks for me
>>
>>53622014

If you really are passionate about your OS, you will find a way to make a Linux distro work.

I'm running Ubuntu Mate on some cheap hardware.
>>
ITT: Tech illiterate /v/ shills on full damage control after failing with basic tasks, tasks that even my grandmother completes successfully.

I would be butthurt too, I think. It's hard to relate to though so I'm not sure.
>>
>>53622112
Ubuntu (Specifically Xubuntu) works OOTB on my Thunkpad and desktop. I did do some tweaking, but that's for spergers stuff like Compiz and CPU governing.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.