[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a dvd from a band I like that includes a music video,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 247945b.jpg (20 KB, 330x291) Image search: [Google]
247945b.jpg
20 KB, 330x291
I have a dvd from a band I like that includes a music video, how do I rip this music video from the dvd?
>>
>>53619947
At what age did you grow out of metal OP?

Oh wait you never did
>>
keep smoking meth op
>>
>>53619947
install gentoo
>>
>>53620061
Never been a fan of metal. Just a fan of Mudvayne's first two albums.
>>
You guys are fucking useless.
>>
>>53620199
take on the goggles, you might see
>>
>>53619947
Handbrake
>>
>>53620239
yeah, downloading it now. Thanks.
>>
It's prolly just some shitty mpeg, literally just search through the DVD and find the file, it should take you like 2 minutes max.
>>
>>53620239
pls go away troll, he doesnt want hidden viruses
>>
>>53620249
I've looked. It's a .vob file
>>
>>53620319
vob vob vobangandam style
>>
>>53620329
I almost forgot why I stopped coming here.
>>
>>53619947
>how do I rip this music video from the dvd?
If the DVD is unencrypted then it will be very easy to grab the VOB file.

I'm on a linux box, when I needed to rip a dvd I had to install a library to decrypt the dvd (libcss?). After installing the library, I used a CLI program called Transcode to grab the VOB.

I'm going to assume you are on Windows. I know Handbrake is used for converting from one format to another (transcoding) but I didn't know it could be used to rip DVDs. If that doesn't work VLC might do it.

The biggest issue is if the DVD is encrypted. But no one else mentioned that ITT so I'll guess that it isn't (I'm not familiar with the band). If it isn't encrypted then it will be very easy to grab the VOB. I already said that so...good luck.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.