[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will any of this tech trickle down to the poorfag SoCs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 820v810.jpg (713 KB, 4000x2250) Image search: [Google]
820v810.jpg
713 KB, 4000x2250
Will any of this tech trickle down to the poorfag SoCs?
>>
The 810 is basically a tiny jump over the 805, which itself is only a faster version of the 800/801 with faster wifi and 4g. The 820 is a proper leap. 4k at 6p fps is sorely needed, the fact that it adds 10 bit color depth is even better. Also it's got other stuff but it's up to handset manufacturers to implement them. Galaxy s7 doesn't even have 4k 60 or newest supported quick charge 3.0. New Sony flagship rumoured to have both
>>
>>53616729
B-but will any of teh technology make its way to 4xx and 6xx qualcomm shit?
>>
Just FYI the S7s with the Exynoss 8890 are running noticebly faster, cooler, and battery efficient.

What's so good about the Snapdragon 820 if it chokes where it counts?
>>
>>53619227
citation needed
>>
>>53619263
Go to any site that has actually benched them? This isn't even a new trend. Exynos and Ax have outdone Snapdragon for a few generations now. At least 820 isn't the blunder that 810 was.

>>53616471
Yes, the mid-range snapdragons are already decent. Really you only need something more powerful if you care about gaming. Why are you gaming on your phone, though?
>>
File: Screenshot-2.png (68 KB, 696x390) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-2.png
68 KB, 696x390
>>53620251
>Go to any site that has actually benched them? This isn't even a new trend. Exynos and Ax have outdone Snapdragon for a few generations now. At least 820 isn't the blunder that 810 was.
Every single synthetic benchmark I've seen places the 820 higher. Although I admit I haven't seen any dealing with battery life.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.