[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you making $150K/yr fresh out of school working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: i am not like other girls.jpg (15 KB, 552x536) Image search: [Google]
i am not like other girls.jpg
15 KB, 552x536
Why aren't you making $150K/yr fresh out of school working for Google?
>>
Because I haven't graduated yet.
>>
>>53616036
>working for Google
because I don't want to live in the bay area. I also am not keen on spending 80 hours a week in an open-plan office.
>>
I don't live in America
>>
>>53616217
Get your H1B visa soon before Shillary or Drumpf gets elected and shuts them down
>>
>>53616217
US is not the only country The Botnet has offices and hires in.
>>
>>53616211
>80 hours a week in an open-plan office.

People work 60 hours max.

You have an option of working in a proper office if you hate open-plan.
>>
>>53616036
masturbating to angelina jolie takes up majority of my time. cant hold a job like that when you're beating off to angelina jolie all the time.
>>
well even assuming they'd want me, I don't want to pay $2000 minimum for an apartment to work in a place I will have no chance of owning a house in in my lifetime.
and the whole "oh you don't need a private life" thing
>>
CmpE here
I fucked up my gpa. Even being mexican wont help me.
>>
>>53616261
>>53616257
True, but I would need to move to Sydney thought.
>>
>>53616036
>Bay Area
>working for the botnet
>rent sky high (muh historic neighborhoods!)
>minorities (nogs, gays, illegals)

no thank you
>>
>>53616036
They pay more than that m8.
>>
>>53616036
Because im 39 and Australian and dont have the necessary qualifications
Any other questions?
>>
are $150k even enough to survive in the bay area?
>>
>>53616036
Google fresh out of school is more like $100K/year unless you've got a PhD or invented something cool.

Besides, they want 60 hours a week so you have to take that into account. That is equivalent to about $66k/year for 40 hours a week which is pretty close the starting average for a CS major with a bachelor's degree.
>>
>>53616400
Yes but you will probably still have housemates. However unlike people making less, you will probably be able to afford your own room instead of splitting it between 2 or 3 people.
>>
>>53616400
$45K in income tax
$60K in rent
$45K left over to live/save
>>
>>53616443
>you will probably be able to afford your own room instead of splitting it between 2 or 3 people.
top kek

i don't if i'd prefer to watch california implode unto itself or just continue watching the retards living there suffer.
>>
>>53616408
The standard offer this year is 110k base, 15% target bonus, and 250 shares over 4 years. And 50% 401k match. Total compensation is around 180k assuming you get an average bonus.

>>53616452
You get absolutely anally raped in income tax, especially in CA with its 10% income tax, but you can go to other locations like Seattle or NY.
60K in rent is a gross overexaggeration, unless you want to live in some huge fancy apartment in SF. You can get a decent size apartment in San Jose a 20 minute drive away for $1500 a month.
>>
>>53616036
>75k rent in studio apartment
>60% income tax between federal, local, and state

Enjoy your Ramen, pajeet
>>
>60 hours a week
Ha ha ha
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.