[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ Should I upgrade from my s5 to an s7? This phone has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: S5 video preformance.gif (887 KB, 300x218) Image search: [Google]
S5 video preformance.gif
887 KB, 300x218
Hey /g/
Should I upgrade from my s5 to an s7? This phone has gotten slower over the course of about a year and a half and I'm ready to replace it with something. If not s7 then what?
>>
>>53612022
Recently got it and the improvements are extremely huge, though you want the exynos version since the sd820 is a piece of shit.
>>
Nah quit buying into senseless consumerism. Just factory reset your s5 and save the money for something of better use
>>
>>53613031
I have, twice. Each time it seems to get slower, faster. I don't root and I don't install weird shit, plus I always disable as much unused bloatware as I can.
>>
>>53612022
>This phone has gotten slower over the course of about a year

lol... just reset the phone to default settings

my s5 has been running the exact same since the day i got it

Or you know goy, you can just buy a new one goy
>>
>>53613253
See >>53613166 for response.
>>
>>53612022
Your phone hasn't gotten slower, the apps have gotten bigger and bloatier. Start using Greenify and a local VPN firewall like Doze. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yirgalab.dzzz&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify
>>
>>53613308
>. Each time it seems to get slower, faster.

what?

Which is it? If it is one or the other, or you cannot tell then the problem is you

run benchmark software and compare it to other s5's. Why you have not already done this IDK
>>
>>53613361
Will give this a shot, thanks.
>>
>>53613421
Also try this. Will let you disable system apps w/o root. (It's actually just hiding them but they can't interact with Android in any way and they get force closed as soon as the memory is needed) http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/debloater-remove-carrier-bloat-t2998294
>>
File: 547472.jpg (36 KB, 552x450) Image search: [Google]
547472.jpg
36 KB, 552x450
>>53613384
What i mean is that it takes less time to get slower and it takes less time for apps and multitasking to start hanging and generally slowing down.
It gets slower faster/it becomes slower over a shorter and shorter amount of time.
>>
>>53613470
Check to see if some rogue app is caching huge amounts of data.
>>
Yes definitely. Always be sure to have the latest Apple iPhone otherwise people will think you're poor. Ignore the LAGdroid autists.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.