[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the start of the downfall of oversized phone trend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Apple-iPhone-6se.jpg (100 KB, 1600x1002) Image search: [Google]
Apple-iPhone-6se.jpg
100 KB, 1600x1002
Is this the start of the downfall of oversized phone trend?
>>
File: ev_sachi_01a.jpg (111 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ev_sachi_01a.jpg
111 KB, 800x600
>>53610426
>4
>4.7
>5.5

Why do you hate choice anon-chan?
>>
I doubt it. Most of the people I know that buy iPhones said they would've bought the plus if it wasn't so expensive. The 6se will most likely be more like the 5c and only sell well because it's the cheapest
>>
It's called product differentiation.
Larger phones are already popular, but now we'll also see companies create compact phones as well to suit the preferences of manlet hands people like you and Donald Trump.
>>
>>53610492
The plus is about £50 more in the UK. The price really isn't a factor.
I brought the normal 6S because I'm sick of the big phone trend (owned then note 2 and 3 before). I don't need a big screen, I don't really do much with my phone.
>>
File: cover.jpg (304 KB, 600x594) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
304 KB, 600x594
>>53610426
A smaller BiPhone for the poor aspiring cuck who can't afford to go big model?

The Apple phone that makes you look like a failure in life to your peers?

You faggots make me laugh. You'll be telling me next it has 8gig of storage.

Fucking hilarious that a high end, 2013 flagship Android phone beats this shit hands down.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>53610572
Yeah but then you have to use Lagdroid.
>>
>>53610547
You forget that most people that buy iPhones buy them on a monthly payment plan. And usually the difference is $10-$15 more than a regular 6s which is a big difference for those people.
>>
Maybe now the girl-handed manlets will stop crying
>>
When will the return of the physical buttons and physical keyboard happen, before or after the rise of the Linux desktop?
>>
>>53610547
>I don't really do much with my phone.
Then why get a smartphone?
>>
>>53610661
Great question, one that I ask myself often. I really don't know why I keep buying them. Social normal? Maybe. I just like tech? More likely.
I would be very happy without a phone at all. There is something quite zen about being hard to reach. But practically, I would be happy with a 3310.
>>
I'd prefer they go back to the iphone 4 size 2bh
>>
>>53610711
>implying anyone would willingly reach out to you
>>
>>53610770
wow mean
>>
>>53610770
Kek, sometimes my mum checks I'm not dead... Sometimes...
>>
>>53610711
If you liked tech you'd get an android device. Perhaps inferior hardware wise, they have options and possibilities far beyond that of an iPhone.

Just get a feature phone dude. Long-ass battery lives, probably GPS and basic mapping, makes phone calls too.
>>
isn't that just the 5S?
>>
>>53610711
For me a smartphone is like a superpower. Its about information mostly. If there is anything i dont know i google it immediately. Plus you will never get lost or ripped of. If you are bored you get entertained.
>>
>>53610822
Options don't define tech. Functionality does.
Android phone are all shit hardware wise and software
>>
>>53611153
Android software is a strength, dude. So long as you don't rely on google.
Because you don't have to rely on google.
You could literally write your own software and install it, if you wanted support for feature X.

What you lack is services. Let's take whatsapp. You're not going to be writing your own whatsapp app because it won't be compatible (actually it might but that'd be fucking hard) as what you're missing is the service that the whatsapp network, run by servers and such, provides.
>>
>>53611255
Fair point dude.
For the record though, you can push your own software to an iPhone too if you have a mac. I do get your point though.
>>
>>53610843
It's the size of the 5s with the specs of the 6s.
>>
File: duokeks.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
duokeks.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>53610770
>>
>>53610426
No, it's another fucking fad that every other manufacturer will follow, and within 5 years, phones will Apple watch sized.
>>
They should have just called it the iPhone 6 mini. Steve Jobs is spinning circles in his grave. They are literally Samsung tier now.
>>
>>53612506
hey this is my country! i've seen those.. imported from germany or something like that
>>
>>53610426
nah
Almost every company has a smaller version of their flagships, but not with the same specs
>>
>>53610426
I really fucking hope so.
>>
>>53610426
Maybe it's the start of having choice
>>
too bad iOS9 sucks cos I actually really like this
>>
>we want the poor poo-in-loo audience
>>
>>53610592
This is a good thing though?
>>
>>53610426
>Apple
>no one needs a big phone, so we made this regular 4.5 inch phone, see!
>Apple again with their new Iphone 6 plus
>bigger phones are what you need
>meanwhile every other maker does big phones fine
>>
>>53615273
A significant number of iPhone users were not upgrading from the 4s and 5s. They liked the compact size. So Apple shrunk the 6S into a 4/5 format.
Marketing: seeing a market and supplying it.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.