[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2013 >Building my own PC for like the second time. >Really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 13-130-643-02.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
13-130-643-02.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>2013
>Building my own PC for like the second time.
>Really want to make a decent build and decide to go a little over the top
>Research my parts
>Find a nice case
>Find the best fans
>Still not confident in custom loops so I get a closed loop
>Everything coming along nicely
>i7-3770k
>60GB SSD for the OS
>1TB HD for storage
>1TB HD for games
>Blu-Ray Burner/Drive
>Good Sound Card (even though they're essentially obsolete now)
>Capture card
>16GB RAM
>HD7970 (Didn't need more because 1080p gaming.)

So a year or two go by
>GPU starts acting up, visual glitches all over the place
>Get a new GPU without even thinking about it
>A Few more months go by
>New GPU starts glitching up
>OK that's weird
>Run a bunch of recommended diagnostic apps that don't pick up on anything
>All of a sudden notice system showing 8GB ram
>Run mem-test
>Its showing everything as fine but still detecting 8GB
>Check in bios
>My 4 sticks of 4GB are showing up as 4 sticks of 2GB
>Sound card starts acting up couple days later while I'm trying to figure out what the fuck happened to my RAM
>It was a couple of clean system reinstalls later and a few capture card crashes that it finally hit me
>MOBO is the thing that's fucking up
>Check online for a replacement
>no more LGA1155 mobos in standard ATX form, only Mini ATX and Micro ITX

Well I guess I had to learn my lesson at some point.
Last time I buy a fucking MSI board.

Military grade components my ass...

Had no business putting together a PC in the first place, I'm obviously a fucking idiot.
>>
Don't feel bad senpai, I've had two MSI AM3+ motherboards randomly dienon me over three months. MSI complete and utter garbage and I've learned my lesson, when ZENLARIS rolls out I'm going Asus
>>
>>53610129
Fells batman, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place now, I've next to no money, the only replacement I can really afford is a microITX board which, I basically have to niggerrig inside my case because case doesn't support the ITX form, and then I also have to throw out half my ram and both the capture and the sound card because it only has one slot.
>>
MSI is garbage in mobos, but what about graphics card? Also avoid them?

What about Gigabyte mobos? Same trash like their gpus?
>>
>>53612056
Gigabyte boards are usually good. MSI cards are usually good, and so are Gigabyte cards.

ASUS and ASRock make the best motherboards, from my experience.

Relating to OP, I've had several MSI AMD motherboards crash on me, atesting to what this anon said. >>53610129
>>
>>53609936
Did you try an RMA with MSI? Their warranties are usually very good and the process is no-fuss. Other than that, I'm sure you can find another socket 1155 ATX board of another brand new or used somewhere.
>>
>>53609936
>no more LGA1155 mobos in standard ATX form
just buy a used board from ebay / craigs you idiot
>>
>>53612056
>MSI is garbage in mobos
>>53610129
>MSI complete and utter garbage and I've learned my lesson

damn I guess I dodged a bullet when I opted to go with the ASUS instead of the MSI board for a bit more money. Are they really that bad? I figured since their gpus seemed okay that the boards would be ok.
>>
>He didn't buy [Brand I Support]
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.