[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I learn Javascript fast? I have prior knowledge of Java/C/C++/Python
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: js.png (72 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
js.png
72 KB, 300x300
How do I learn Javascript fast?

I have prior knowledge of Java/C/C++/Python and so on. Never done any web development except basic html and CSS. I need to know Javascript within 48 hours for a game hackathon.
>>
>>53605807
Google JS crash course but you fucked bruh
>>
>>53605822
It can't be that hard to learn a meme language, right right g-guys?
>>
>>53605807
>I have prior knowledge of Java/C/C++/Python and so on
>I have never written anything bigger than fizz buzz in Java/C/C++/Python and so on
>>
>>53605867
Well I wrote a chat server and a client with GUI yesterday. It's something at least
>>
https://www.freecodecamp.com/
>>
>>53605836
Javascript is hardly a meme language.
>>
>>53606064
>Javascript is hardly a meme language
;^)
>>
I needed 2 hours and a half to learn and use it. it's easy as fuck
>>
>>53606872
KEK, you can learn the syntax in a few minutes. That doesn't mean much.
>>
>>53605807
It won't be hard. If you know Java, C++, and Python, you can probably pick it up with Google along the way.
>>
took about 20 minutes to start doing something proper on it, it's a babby language
>>
>>53607290

>something proper

Like what?
>>
>>53606872
Bullshit.
>>
>>53607212
>>53607358
I used it right after that.

Javascript is probably the easiest language I ever had to learn. If you have a previous experience with any programming language you just need to learn how to interact with the browser and navigate the DOM, you can do this in 30 minutes.

You learn how the scope and namsespace works because it can be tricky. 5 minutes if your dense.

Synthax problem ? Google it, problem solved in 30s.

I have extensive background in programming tho'. To me there is no such thing as learning a language, you pick your tool and you start hammering because you already have all the basics, you know the paradigms, synthax is never a problem. Knowing the standard API, same. Just use some intuition and auto-completion period or Google it, answer from Stackoverflow or Quora in 30s... I know some nerds who spend their time learning shits and they never do write any code or by the time they reach the end of their books they forgot everything else.

Each company I have worked for do the same: here read this powerpoint, when you're done start working, if you have a question ask the lead dev'.

Yes that's the absolute total definition of code monkey. You read a quick introduction, you open a browser and you go with trial and error. If it past the test it's good for production so no one care if you don't know every shitty bit of the language.

>I quite good with C ANSI & x86 ASM tho'
>>
>>53607690
The inheritance scheme, creating new objects + the function prototype property, scoping rules. That's about everything there is to it, but saying you can learn all those in 5 minutes just makes you look retarded.
>>
>>53607810
>>53607690
Also
>your dense
Gee I wonder who the dense one here is again
>>
Read this: http://eloquentjavascript.net/
>>
>>53607864
> That fucking weresquirrel
>>
>>53607690
teh fuck is a DOM?
>>
>>53607896
It's a peacock.
>>
>>53607928
sir you need to leave
>>
>I have prior knowledge of Java

Just wrap the code with <script> </script> and you're good to go.
>>
File: badumtss.jpg (27 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
badumtss.jpg
27 KB, 400x300
>>53608548
>>
>>53608792
fucking kek
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.