[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /g/ I just got a z3 to upgrade my z2 since I needed something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: Download-1.jpg (85 KB, 1240x840) Image search: [Google]
Download-1.jpg
85 KB, 1240x840
Alright /g/ I just got a z3 to upgrade my z2 since I needed something good for <500$ and a solid battery life. What apps (bloatware) should I get rid of as it is either inferior to free apps online or useless in practice. Also any tips on what to do when you first start using a Sony phone is appreciate.
>inb4 Motorola or some other China Chang brand
>inb4 get rid of all the bloatware stoopid
I want to hear constructive criticism/help not shitposts.
>>
Flash z3 with cyanogenmod if you're not a pleb
>>
>cyanogenmod
enjoy bugs™, b-but hey it's open source and free as in freedom
>>
>>53604414
>enjoy bugs™

Running Marshmallow nighties and haven't ran into a problem yet. There can be hiccups but usually they're fixed pretty quick when they surface. They just came out with a stable a few days ago.

But I'm sure you're happy with your 3rd Party bloat™
>>
>>53604414
Cm in user here, no Bugs here pleb
>>
>>53604378
>>53604462
>>53604469
>>53604414
So we all z3 users here, what should I consider upgrading to in the future? Those dual processors and front facing cameras, that actually have quality now,look tasty...
>>
>>53604378
Stock on z3 is OK just use Google launcher, it's not worth switching to cyanogen.
>>
>>53604462
Name any benefit of switching aprt from "no bloat" meme, you can't and you'll fuck your warranty and probably brick your device and have to beg for help on XDA.
>>
>>53605183
damn, poor puppy.
>>
>>53605183
I would edgelord but I need something that can recieve nudes from and send dick pics to your mom.
>>
>>53605225
I would suggest a PC with at least 24 inch monitor.
>>
>>53604319
>didn't get the z5
haha
wat
>>
>>53605285
Didn't pay a shit load extra cash for no real benefit, go back to apple chat.
>>
Get cm.
Set dpi to 320.

Enjoy a wonderful phone
>>
Nova Launcher is best... disable Wireless Emergency Alerts and App Source.
>>
>>53605017
This guy gets it.
I have my z3 now for 18 months and I drove good with custom Rom.
Just werks
>>
>>53605285
This >>53605297

When you want to pay a shot ton extra for the marketing campaign by phones at launch, otherwise, if money is an object to you, wait it out and check reviews, etc. And wait til it starts getting discounted so the price you pay is more in line with production costs. I paid 450 cuck bucks (cad) for mine and that's alot better of a deal then through our carriers. I only went to my carrier to demand they give me a simple card, which they did.
>>
>>53604462
>>53604469
desu I have a gakaxy s3 so probably this is the problem and not cyanogenmod itself, but I've been using cm for 3 years now and ALWAYS had problems, stuff like video playback not working or random reboots while using the timer or writing a message
>>
>>53604378
Cyanogen on Z3 is pretty fucking buggy, also unlocking the bootloader fucks up the camera
>>
>>53607106
Yeah best left well alone IMO.
>>
>>53605236
>I would suggest a PC with at least 24 inch monitor.

Underrated post
>>
>>53605029

With being able to flash stock through the bootloader you should never "have to beg for help on XDA" if you have half a brain. I might loose your mom's nudes if I don't have them backed up and flash a bad nightly, but I've never bricked a device I couldn't just re-flash. Other benefits include more features that stock Android will probably implement 2 releases on down the line (I.e. the whole new permissions thing was available on KK maybe even before). Frequent updates/more security patches. And just being less of a fag in general. But I'm sure you don't want any of those benefits.
>>
>>53604319
Unlock bootloader and flash sony's 6.0 with root
>>
>>53604319
Z3c allows me to use my unlimited 4g internet with tethering, its a workaround and not perfect, but hey its still free internet
>>
flash a debloated stock rom

if you're going to debloat yourself, just wipe everything that was on it apart from android essentials and the xperia framework

don't unlock the bootloader, you'll loose the proprietary drm keys and then the camera turns to trash
>>
>>53604319
Google search "Sony Xperia Marshmellow Concept"

It's an official stock android rom from Sony. The only thing it includes is the song camera app, the walkman app, and the sony album app.
>>
>>53610873
Only for people in Netherlands irc.
>>
>>53610309
This and just use the official sony flash tool I debranded mine. Still on stock though.
>>
>root w/o unlocking bootloader
>backup drm keys
And now you are free to fuck it up
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.