[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have mediocre laptop for gaming >discover Geforce Experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: geforce.jpg (468 KB, 1163x1105) Image search: [Google]
geforce.jpg
468 KB, 1163x1105
>have mediocre laptop for gaming
>discover Geforce Experience optimization
>hmm this might be cool and be a quick way to get the best settings
>all games "optimized" run in 30 fps

did they optimize it for taking screenshots?
>>
>>53602113
> laptop
> gaming
kek
>>
>>53602113
> gaming
kek
>>
You'll have to spend some money if you want a good gaming experience

No kind of software optimization will magically let you run every game at high settings with 60fps

That's just not going to happen op
>>
>>53602113
>geforce experience
What the fuck does that do, i just want drivers not bloat.
>>
>>53602122
>>53602138
well I mostly shit around Source games or older games. I can run some modern stuff with 60 fps if I put the quality way down.

I was hoping this thing was automatically adjusting settings to have constant 60fps for everything at least
>>
>>53602161
It's some stupid bullshit that probably data mines your ass.
>>
>>53602113
That software won't optimize for performance or decency - it will give you the absolute best it can milk out of your video card.

You have to optimize on your own if you want a specific thing.
>>
File: battery-boost.png (161 KB, 1350x601) Image search: [Google]
battery-boost.png
161 KB, 1350x601
>>53602113
OP, I'll give you a pass on this one.
Anons, I'm ashamed you don't know your software.

NO-ONE HAS MENTIONED THIS YET!
Geforce Experience has a "Battery Boost" option on Gaming Laptops. By default it locks frame to 30 FPS to prevent power consumption. Just turn it off if you don't like the feature!
>>
>>53602113
So what? The human eye can't see more than 30 fps anyway.
>>
File: nv - Copy.png (333 KB, 1270x756) Image search: [Google]
nv - Copy.png
333 KB, 1270x756
click the little spanner and choose whether you want the game optimized for better visuals or better performance
>>
>>53602336
that's wrong tho
>>
>>53602666

DS2 is awful, why would you play it anyway?
>>
Geforce experience has been godly for My gt530
>>
>>53602689
i dont. i downloaded it a few days ago to try it out because my friend was begging me to buy it and play it with him. its fucking trash and im going to uninstall it now.
>>
>>53602234
be that as it may, shadowplay is pretty neat
>>
you can slide it over to optimise for performance instead of quality, dingus.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.